• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AOA or Gran Destino?

wootejl

Earning My Ears
We’ve decided to surprise our girls (age 4 and 1.5) with a Christmas trip this year. We’re already going in May so we didn’t want to spend as much on this December trip. We’re looking at the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA and the Gran Destino Tower. GDT obviously appeals more to my husband and I (MUCH more) and the price difference is not significant, but not having tubs in the rooms is going to make bathing our kiddos pretty difficult, and we know our 4 year old would get a kick out of staying in a Little Mermaid themed room. Curious to get y’all’s input, especially those with young kids.
Thanks!

I'd pick GD over a Little Mermaid room at AofA. When my kids were really young they loved the novelty of showers. Showers can be a fun adventure of their own for little kids. :)

Hands-down GDT. When my DS was that little, he just got a kick out of staying in a hotel room - any hotel room. The AoA rooms are very uncomfortable, IMHO and the Little Mermaid section is far from everything. The novelty of AoA wore off very quickly for us (we stayed in Nemo) and then we were just uncomfortable and wishing we had stayed in a nicer hotel.

Hands-down GDT. When my DS was that little, he just got a kick out of staying in a hotel room - any hotel room. The AoA rooms are very uncomfortable, IMHO and the Little Mermaid section is far from everything. The novelty of AoA wore off very quickly for us (we stayed in Nemo) and then we were just uncomfortable and wishing we had stayed in a nicer hotel.

That is great feedback! Thank you. I think we are sold on GDT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter