AOA without kids

onewishupon

Mouseketeer
Have any of you stayed in the Little Mermaid Room or otherwise - and did you feel "out of place"?
I don't know why I feel this way - since I'm a dreaded "Disney Adult" anyway. :earsgirl: LOL
Looking forward to seeing your opinions... Thanks!

Last edited:
About 10 years ago three of us old guys (all in our late 50's) stayed at AoA for a week in a family suite.

AoA was great for us; all longtime Disney animation fans. The one and only reason we decided to stay at the FW Cabins on out next trip together was we could sit on the deck and smoke cigars.

I have stayed in a Cars suite three times, two on solo trips and one with my sister and BIL. No kids, and never felt out of place. No one knows who is in your party anyway. I just really like how the Cars area is themed and I see no reason not to enjoy it.

I don't think you will feel out of place BUT - the Little Mermaid rooms are a hike from EVERYTHING. They are the furthest away from the lobby/food court and the Skyliner. I have only stayed at AOA once and luckily got a pixie dust upgrade from Little Mermaid to a Cars suite. I wouldn't stay there if I was in Mermaid. I'd rather spend the little bit extra and move over to Pop.

We have also stayed at AoA without kids. Also Pop, and one of the All Stars, and we had a great time. But, I agree, the trek from Mermaid rooms to food, skyliner, busses, store, etc is FAR! We ended up driving closer in the morning because we knew the walk would be tough after an exhausting day at the parks. We are senior citizens, though!

Never feel out of place, though PoP's walk is much better, not that it's super long but after a lot of walking all day/night, the walk back to the room feels rougher than needed lol

We stayed in a Lion King suite- 6 adults, no kids. Well, actually, that's where I told my parents and sister that I was pregnant with my first child. But we were just looking for an economical way for 6 people to stay on-site when we booked it.

Unless you are a really big Little Mermaid fan, I'd prefer Pop if child-free. I always liked leaving the 2nd bed in table mode if no one needed to sleep on it. Just seems to make the room feel bigger. And you can still enjoy walking around and looking at the decor of both resorts and can eat at the AoA food court (which I seem to recall had more choices than Pop).

I have stayed at all levels of Disney hotels and I stay where I want. Nobody knows what room your are in, or who you are with or if you are solo. And nobody cares either. I know that we like to think highly of ourselves and that everyone is so concerned with what we do, but truly, no one is paying attention to you at all. Once you can get over that mental hurdle and realize that, you no longer have these doubts about doing what you really want to do.

You will find all manner of families and groups at every resort; I would pick the resort that best suits you and enjoy it.

That said Little Mermaid rooms would be last on my list! We do like the family suites at AOA as most trips we are 3 adults, (myself and my 2-college age dd's).

When it is just 2 adults our 1st choice is POFQ, followed by POP, then CSR. POP will give you access to the Skyliner and all the AOA amenities without having to stay in the furthest area of the resort. As a pp said it's nice to have the table available when your not using it as a bed, makes the room feel larger.

I don’t think highly of myself at all actually…I have very low self esteem and yes believe me I know *no one* cares what I do. Not a mental hurdle - I just wanted to know everyone’s thoughts about staying at AOA w/o kids since it’s mostly family rooms.
I think that you would be surprised at how many adults without kids stay there, even in the family suites. There are a LOT of childless adult at WDW at any given time staying at all the different resorts. If you like the look of AOA, then happily stay there. There is a reason why all the resorts have a bar. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter