AP at Portofino

Ladyd@universal

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if there are certain room types that are more likely to get AP discounts? Trip planned for mid June , already booked 2Q club without AP in hopes that discounts would come out. However originally wanted a villa but just couldn’t see spending the $$. Hoping maybe that room will be discounted and I can switch. Thanks for your input

i haven't seen anything other than the regular rooms - king or queen, garden or bay view, for an AP discount, but if I were you i'd probably keep checking just to be sure. i admit i haven't paid much attention to the higher tier rooms - the AP discount regular rooms have become enough of a stretch for my budget.

i haven't seen anything other than the regular rooms - king or queen, garden or bay view, for an AP discount, but if I were you i'd probably keep checking just to be sure. i admit i haven't paid much attention to the higher tier rooms - the AP discount regular rooms have become enough of a stretch for my budget.
☺️ thank u

Club level rooms are part of AP you kinda have to get early or stalk to rez page to find them pop up. Suites are common from what i've seen. looking at this upcoming weekend seems pretty easy to get a villa for APH rate. It's the minions room I've never had a chance to get on APH.

1706974661328.png

I've seen them on all room types. However, given that Universal is more likely to offer incentives [of any kind] during times of year when occupancy is lower, the timing of your visit is likely to impact the availability of AP rates, and the number of room types for which they're offered.

Anecdotally, I've found that when we visit during, say, President's Day week (which is a big holiday break for most schools in the northern U.S.), AP-discounted rooms are few and far between, and will mostly be limited to standard rooms, with limited dates (e.g., weekdays only). When we've visited during less busy times of year, when hotel occupancy is lower (e.g., end of August), there have been many more AP-discounted room types offered, even for suites and other "special" rooms, and for longer date spreads.

On a side note, if you're visiting during a holiday week, I'd caution against "waiting until AP rates are released" to decide whether (and where) to book. The last time we visited Universal during a February break, I booked HRH a year ahead of time, when no discounts were being offered (although Savvy Traveler and Stay More, Save More discounts can often be available that far ahead), but the rack rates were about the same for the entire month, and were an amount I was comfortable paying. By the time APH rates were released for our dates over 11 months later (just a couple of weeks before our trip) -- Universal had doubled the rack rates for that holiday week -- so that the few rooms that were offered at an APH rate were actually more expensive than the then-rack-rate room I'd booked a year earlier. Now, I always book a room as soon as I know our likely travel dates, so I have a reasonable rate locked in, in case the price surges later on. Of course, if a more attractive APH rate/room becomes available, I can always rebook at that rate, so it's a no harm no foul situation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter