AP Blockouts - June 2024

I would love to know why Sunday June 30, 2024 is showing as a blockout date for both Believe and Inspire keys.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/

i would assume because its a long weekend here in canada, it'd count on Monday July 1 2024 being blocked as well when the july calendar is released! july 1st = canada day

and most (not all) school system will start summer break the week of June 24, as a MK holder it will stop me from booking a trip as soon as my kids get out of school!

just a guess though 🤔

i would assume because its a long weekend here in canada, it'd count on Monday July 1 2024 being blocked as well when the july calendar is released! july 1st = canada day

and most (not all) school system will start summer break the week of June 24, as a MK holder it will stop me from booking a trip as soon as my kids get out of school!

just a guess though 🤔
Thus far inspire keys have not had any blockouts besides the two weeks around Xmas/NYE. Believe keys in the summer time are usually blocked on Saturdays in July and July 4. Typically Canadian holidays don’t play into our blockout calendars just American holidays.

Edit: with regards to schools getting out, most of ours get out here at the beginning/middle of June when the two lower passes (imagine and enchant) start their summer blockouts.

Definitely strange! I would expect around Easter (spring break) to have a blackout instead 6/30 (especially since that is a almost a week before July 4th). But, Inspire only has the blackouts at Christmas/New YEars. I wonder if next year if they decide to add more new black out dates. I hope not as weekends (and Saturdays especially) are best for me.

I was just going to come on here and ask if anyone knew what was going on that weekend. We are seriously looking at finally purchasing an Inspire Magic Key to activate March 2024. We had been AP holders off and on and were Legacy Passholders at the time of the Pandemic shut down. We keep purchasing 5 day hoppers for our trips we’ve made since the Parks re-opening (we are in WA State) but getting ready to purchase Magic Keys . Though concerned that more blocked dates might be added.

I was just going to come on here and ask if anyone knew what was going on that weekend. We are seriously looking at finally purchasing an Inspire Magic Key to activate March 2024. We had been AP holders off and on and were Legacy Passholders at the time of the Pandemic shut down. We keep purchasing 5 day hoppers for our trips we’ve made since the Parks re-opening (we are in WA State) but getting ready to purchase Magic Keys . Though concerned that more blocked dates might be added.

I think they’ll keep adding more and more blackout dates…. The added blackout dates for believe in 2023 from 2022 were unreal.

I tend to think there won't be many added blockout dates on the highest level pass. They've generally chosen the alternate route of substantially raising the price. The top level is where, I believe, you'll find the most people willing and able to spend more to maintain that level. OTOH, Disney has shown no hesitation about adding blockouts to the other passes or discontinuing sales. This is probably bean counter logic about how to best tweak the cost/return numbers to skew heavily Disney and keep the bigger spenders spending. But it's a bit reckless, IMO, to mess around too much with your loyal fans at a venue like Disneyland where much of the fan base has a huge emotional investment and views Disney as a beloved relative.

The blackout dates they added for the Believe Key are really disappointing. I mean, that Magic Key is expensive!

Yep…. We’ve discussed how if we were not moving, we would’ve upgraded to the top level pass. Too many darn blackout dates for believe.

I tend to think there won't be many added blockout dates on the highest level pass. They've generally chosen the alternate route of substantially raising the price. The top level is where, I believe, you'll find the most people willing and able to spend more to maintain that level. OTOH, Disney has shown no hesitation about adding blockouts to the other passes or discontinuing sales. This is probably bean counter logic about how to best tweak the cost/return numbers to skew heavily Disney and keep the bigger spenders spending. But it's a bit reckless, IMO, to mess around too much with your loyal fans at a venue like Disneyland where much of the fan base has a huge emotional investment and views Disney as a beloved relative.

We pay for universal studios platinum pass and it’s 💯 worth it. But it’s a steal compared to Disney’s. But I agree…. They’ll just keep raising the price because if they add blackout dates, what’s the point in purchasing it?

I think they’ll keep adding more and more blackout dates…. The added blackout dates for believe in 2023 from 2022 were unreal.
That’s what I fear…. We had the Deluxe when they were Annual Passholders and it worked out great. The Believe (even if they were presently available ) just won’t work for us, so we would need to get the Inspire. I agree so many…. too many …. More blackout dates have been added to the Believe 😟

Last edited:
Thus far inspire keys have not had any blockouts besides the two weeks around Xmas/NYE. Believe keys in the summer time are usually blocked on Saturdays in July and July 4. Typically Canadian holidays don’t play into our blockout calendars just American holidays.

Edit: with regards to schools getting out, most of ours get out here at the beginning/middle of June when the two lower passes (imagine and enchant) start their summer blockouts.

I've been an AP and MK holder for 12+ years and yes they do factor in Canada holidays when choosing blockout dates, maybe not all of them but at least a couple of them!

while I have never had the top tier AP or MK with no blockout dates, there have been many times i've seen canadian long weekends or holidays blocked out on other tier passes because they know the surge of vacationer that will flock down to disneyland for some "fun in the sun"!

But yes the majority of blockout dates are geared towards Americans.

I've been an AP and MK holder for 12+ years and yes they do factor in Canada holidays when choosing blockout dates, maybe not all of them but at least a couple of them!

while I have never had the top tier AP or MK with no blockout dates, there have been many times i've seen canadian long weekends or holidays blocked out on other tier passes because they know the surge of vacationer that will flock down to disneyland for some "fun in the sun"!

I think the only Canadian holiday that has had blocks on it is your thanksgiving which is out Columbus Day/indigenous peoples day. It’s not a school holiday in most California school districts but it is on the east coast so it usually ends up coinciding with fall break.

What Canadian holidays are you thinking of specifically? I have never seen DL block out any days for Canadian holidays. 🤔 Maybe the dates you’re thinking of happen to coincide with U.S. holidays as well.

What Canadian holidays are you thinking of specifically? I have never seen DL block out any days for Canadian holidays. 🤔 Maybe the dates you’re thinking of happen to coincide with U.S. holidays as well.
Never say Never - lol
didn't know i was going to have to defend my thoughts/suggestions so intensely, even though i said in my posts that my comments were simple guesses from past experiences!
i will bow out of this thread now :-) good luck!

Never say Never - lol
didn't know i was going to have to defend my thoughts/suggestions so intensely, even though i said in my posts that my comments were simple guesses from past experiences!
i will bow out of this thread now :-) good luck!
If you felt put on the defensive due to my comment, I apologize. That wasn’t my intention at all. I was genuinely curious which Canadian holidays you thought Disney was blocking out pass holders for as I’m not familiar with Canadian holidays and maybe something was flying under my radar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter