• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP discount for Hoop De Doo & other booking questions

okienick

Mouseketeer
Hello! My 180 day window opens tomorrow, and I will be up bright and early making all my ressies. My question is about discounts. I have an AP and the TIW card. Specifically for HDDR, we will be doing the 615 show since I have a 4 yr old, which nullifies the use of the TIW card. My only option is the AP discount. Since I have to pre-pay, is my only option to get the discount by calling dining? Or can it be done online?

The other meal I assume will be pre-pay is the Minnie's seasonal dining at H&V for the fantasmic dinner package. According to Disney, TIW discount looks like it is applicable for H&V but doesn't specify the seasonal dine dinner package is applicable; I think it is but can't tell for sure. If so, how do I get it and how do I book it? Do I have to book it and pre-pay then get a refund when we show up? Seems like I read that somewhere...

Other ressies:
Chef Mickey's breakfast
Ohana breakfast
Via Napoli lunch
LTT dinner
50s Prime time dinner
WCC breakfast
Trails End breakfast
Homecoming dinner
Olivias breakfast
Edison dinner

I think out of all of those, HDDR and H&V are the only ones I would have to prepay. Please help me confirm all of this. TIA!

Nicole

Specifically for HDDR, we will be doing the 615 show since I have a 4 yr old, which nullifies the use of the TIW card. My only option is the AP discount. Since I have to pre-pay, is my only option to get the discount by calling dining? Or can it be done online?

Your server will apply the discount the night of your dinner.

OK...so it can't be applied ahead of time but must be refunded?
Our experience has been the server wants to see the TiW card or AP discount card and the discount will be refunded to the card used. Once in a while a dining reservation castmember will apply the discount when you make the reservation, but this is not typical. For Hoop De Doo it was done when the tickets were picked up.

The F! Dining Package is not a pre-pay so you will pay at the restaurant. However, according to the TiW website, dining show packages are not eligible for the discount:
  • Tables in Wonderland is not valid towards any special dining package event such as but not limited to Fantastmic Dinner Packages, Candlelight Packages, etc.

Hello! My 180 day window opens tomorrow, and I will be up bright and early making all my ressies. My question is about discounts. I have an AP and the TIW card. Specifically for HDDR, we will be doing the 615 show since I have a 4 yr old, which nullifies the use of the TIW card. My only option is the AP discount. Since I have to pre-pay, is my only option to get the discount by calling dining? Or can it be done online?

Nicole

I have an HDDR reservation for August, and used my TIW card. I called on the phone and they asked for my TIW number. The discount was applied then. I would assume an AP discount works the same.

I have an HDDR reservation for August, and used my TIW card. I called on the phone and they asked for my TIW number. The discount was applied then. I would assume an AP discount works the same.

I am going to call this afternoon and see what happens. Thanks for the info!

Can you get the AP discount if you get Hoop De Doo tickets at your hotel concierge or should I get my tickets at Hoop De Doo before the show? It has been a while since we went to it but I think I used to get tickets from the hotel concierge desk.

TiW and AP holder. I have never automatically received the AP discount when booking an ADR. I prefer to book all my ADRs online if I can. I just head to the concierge at Fort Wilderness to the left of Pioneer Hall after checking-in and get the refund back to my card. Very easy process!

I’m not sure if we received the APH discount or not when i booked for July. Anyone know what it is PP offhand?

From the TWI site:
Pre-Paid Reservations and Dinner Shows
For any participating Walt Disney World restaurant where reservations are pre-paid, please make your reservations as you normally would, and pay the full amount. Once you arrive for your pre-paid reservations, a valid Tables in Wonderland card must be shown at time of arrival or ticket pick-up in order to receive the 20% discount. Tables in Wonderland discounts for show times are subject to change without notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter