• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

Wow, they totally skipped July 9-August 7th. New Passholder offer is August 8-September 4.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/passholder-summer-offer/
And it’s not even for all resorts, only select resorts. I changed my discount for my late august trip from the GP discount to the AP discount on Friday, thankfully BWI was included. I went to see other rates and noticed several of the resorts didn’t even have the discounts. They’re only doing this where they’re having serious problems filling rooms, so far during my travel period it only seems to have worked at AKL (and only for the AP discount), the rest are still wide open. I knew they were going to get stingy, I didn’t think they were going to be this bad though.

I changed my late August Pop stay from the general public discount to the AP discount and saved a whopping (almost) $8 on a 4 night stay... I guess that at least will pay for one item at F&W, so should be happy for that at least, right? :banana:

I changed my late August Pop stay from the general public discount to the AP discount and saved a whopping (almost) $8 on a 4 night stay... I guess that at least will pay for one item at F&W, so should be happy for that at least, right? :banana:
I saved a little over $100 on my BWI stay and I was like “oooo that money can go to a lot of festival food”, you can see what is important to me 🤣

Not exactly a typical year, but based on historical discounts, seems like we should get something for the fall soon…
It will be very, very interesting to see what kind of dates and discount they offer for the Fall. Discounts had become much more specific to dates / resorts / rooms, even before the pandemic. But, there will always be specific dates, resorts and rooms they want to fill.

It will be very, very interesting to see what kind of dates and discount they offer for the Fall. Discounts had become much more specific to dates / resorts / rooms, even before the pandemic. But, there will always be specific dates, resorts and rooms they want to fill.
I agree. I wonder if they’ll try to discount the resorts they’ve recently brought back into inventory because they have soooo many rooms. AKL Jambo House hotel side, POR & POFQ and the remaining All Stars have nearly 8000 rooms combined.

Even with people shifting their plans around to potentially snap up a room in their preferred resort, that is a LOT of rooms to fill up in a relatively short period of time.

I hope that AKL is discounted. We have a reservation there for December, but it's unbelievably expensive--$800/night (taxes included) for a savanna-view room--and we made the rez hoping for a discount. Planning on a discount, I should say. Or we'll be going to the equally overpriced GDT or staying home.

I hope that AKL is discounted. We have a reservation there for December, but it's unbelievably expensive--$800/night (taxes included) for a savanna-view room--and we made the rez hoping for a discount. Planning on a discount, I should say. Or we'll be going to the equally overpriced GDT or staying home.
Booking rooms at rack rate and planning for them to be discounted creates a bit of a prisoner’s dilemma, but I can’t say I’ve never done it…

And of course the competing desire to make up for lost revenue and the hubris around the 50th being a discount-proof draw….

Booking rooms at rack rate and planning for them to be discounted creates a bit of a prisoner’s dilemma, but I can’t say I’ve never done it…
I've actually never done this before and there's a possibility we will keep the way-too-expensive rez. So there's that.

I've actually never done this before and there's a possibility we will keep the way-too-expensive rez. So there's that.
Would love to know how WDW views what I assume is a much much much higher than normal cancel/rebook rate than other resorts.

I'm a huuuuuuge fan of AKL, but $800/night, that is a bit crazy. I would imagine that they will need to discount that, but does depend how many bookings they have. Fingers crossed for you!

Yesterday I was able to get an AP preview of Remi, but it was for our checkout day. So of course I decided to add a night to the vacation. :rotfl:

When I went and looked at rebooking the vacation as one six night stay instead of five, the website let me book the night of 9/5 at the passholder price. It actually had dates up to 9/15 highlighted that could be chosen. The special offer still says it expires on 9/4 but I definitely have the passholder price for the night of 9/5. Weird...

It was only a savings of $31 from the GP price to the AP price for that night, but I was glad to have it be just one straight shot instead of 5 nights plus 1.

Last edited:
Annual Passholders: Save Up to 25% on Rooms

Eligibility
Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Pass at check-in.

Valid Travel Dates
Stay most nights December 12 through December 24, 2021

It includes my dates but still sticker shock.
Thank you for posting this. Is it possible for you to cut and paste the offer?

Ugh, we checkout on 12/12! Not only are our dates not included, but availability went way down too. We are booked at Movies and was looking to change to a moderate. I guess I held out too long hoping for a discount and now the moderates are no longer available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter