• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP discounts emailed?

grimgrningghost

DIS Veteran
I've heard that disney emails you AP rates before they are released to the pubilc if you are an annual passholder, my question is will you be on the email list if you just have an AP voucher that has not been activated yet?

No. I was in this situation last year and you will not be mailed if you only have the voucher.

If this has changed, please post.

I have had an AP for the last 2 years and I have never been mailed any code. As a matter of fact well after the AP codes were released on mousesavers, the dis, etc., I was received an e-mail to let me know that AP codes were available.

WARNING!!

My sister has an activated AP. When the last set of AP discount codes were released, she received an e-mail, telling her the new codes were being released and they were giving her "24 hour advance notification" to use these codes before anyone else could use them. By the time she received this email, the codes had been out for about 5 hours and from what I read on the boards that day, most 'choices' were already gone!! :rolleyes: Now, I have heard that IF you call the AP line directly, you don't need to know what the code is.............just ask and they apply it to your reservation. I haven't tried this yet but thought it was worth passing this information on! :)

Debs5angels said:
always quiet,

Do you have the number to call AP directly to get the discount?

Do you have the activated AP?? They ask for your AP# (touch tone) when you call.

always quiet said:
Do you have the activated AP?? They ask for your AP# (touch tone) when you call.

Yes. I am going to renew it this year so my AP is activated. I have gotten AP dicounts thru e mail in the past but would like to know if they have the discount before the e mails are sent out.

Always Quiet,
Last year, e-mails did not go out in a particularly timely fashon to AP holders. I know from reading these boards that on more than 1 occasion (release for September comes to mind) e-mails from Disney to AP holders went out much later than what the AP releases posted here or on mousesavers.

AP holders generally got 24 hours to book in those cases, then new codes came out for the general public.

Sometime last year -- in the Fall maybe -- that I received an AP e-mail giving one day advance notice before the general public on WDW resort discounts.
And I did receive the e-mail the day before the published discount.

Both my parents and my family all have activated AP's. During the latest round of AP discounts my mom got an e-mail, but I didn't. :confused3 Her e-mail also came to her around 10 a.m. in the morning after the AP codes had already been released by 7:00 a.m. Oh well.....there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this.

I'm just hoping I get an AP code for July! :wizard: :teeth:

BernardandMissBianca said:
I'm new to AP's what is the number and where is it located?

Your number is located on the back of your Ap under your valid through date.

BernardandMissBianca said:
3 letters : 3 numbers activated date and 2 numbers??
I still have so much to learn :teeth:
Thanks

Yup you got it! :flower: I'm still learning. You'll get it! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter