AP Discounts - how do you keep track?

kwdw

DIS Veteran
Question - how do you keep track of the places you get Annual Pass discounts? Or which places accept TiW?

And what do you think the chances are the 20% dining discounts this year for AP holders will extend past Sept? Without an extension - Tables in Wonderland will probably make sense due to planned fall trips. With an extension - it definitely doesn't make sense this time.

I just try and remember to ask. We have TIW also , so I ask what they take. Its hard to remember to ask...Ive forgotten twice at merchandise places and they were not thrilled to re=do the purchase. But they did.

If we're debating on somewhere to eat like at Disney Springs, then I'll google the AP discount places and see what restaurant has an AP discount and any other info or deals.

And anytime we buy something in a store, candy shop, or restaurant, I always ask if they have an AP discount. There's more places that give the discount then I think people realize.

I just ask any time I buy anything. We have DVC, Disney Visa, and AP, so I just fan them all out and ask if there's a discount for any of them. I don't plan ahead based on who is discounting and who isn't, so I don't tend to look this up before making a purchase.

The easiest way is for me to ask. I always say are there discounts for Annual Pass, DVC, or Disney Visa card members. If they say yes, I then ask which has the largest discount, but they usually tell me before I ask.

I found these summaries to be very helpful:
http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf
http://allears.net/pl/disc_other.pdf

Also... I just returned from a trip to WDW, and found cast members asking me if I had any discount memberships. Never experienced that before.

We had that experience this year in August and this month, too. When we had Premier APs and visited in 2013, we don't recall anyone asking us. Then again, we wear our AP sliders on our MBs now and I know at least twice we got asked because CMs saw the sliders when we had forgotten to ask for the discount ourselves.

Another fan of the Mouseperks app!! It's awesome. And if you find any changes you can message them and they will investigate & update their app. They initially didn't know when Skipper Canteen started taking TIW & giving any discounts. I sent them a message and they looked into & added it.

I'm used to being an AP holder at Disneyland, where AP discounts are given in virtually every restaurant, including quick-service. I can see why they might not do that at WDW, but I wish it was a lot less complicated.

It's better to know upfront ahead of time rather then relying on asking. Depending on who you ask, you may get incorrect information.

One time we mentioned that we had an AP at lunch for Via Napoli. Our server told us no, they didn't take that, so I showed him the info. on the website. He double checked with a manager and came back and apologized.

The words do you take any discounts should become part of your vocabulary and before you hand disney any money. Never assume they do not take it or the list on the website or book was accurate. don't forget not everyone on property is a disney location to eat and some of them take other discounts or have their own loyalty. Some of those programs you can earn when you eat/buy but not always use it (starbucks for example). sometimes you can combine them or again earn loyalty points but not get the discount + the tiw/ap discount.

Pay attention to gift shops, if your going to get that bottle of water or soft drink just walk into the closest gift shop where you get a discount and get it from the fridge instead of the street vendor who doesn't take it.

If your looking at the pricy things around disney, ask before you decide to buy it because some of them, especially in epcot aren't actually disney stores and don't take it.

Last edited:
I think the app is just for Android. I opened the MousePerks website with Safari and bookmarked it to my iPhone desktop using the Add to Homescreen function.

Okay - so this was an awesome suggestion! I just did this!

We just ask every time. What discounts do you have? We have dvc, ap, tiw, and Disney visa.

I usually know ahead of time because I plan out of trip pretty well but in the end you can usually tell which cast members know and if all else fails I have the websites saved on my phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter