AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

What I don't get is that the numbers in CT are much lower than even FL why are they on the list? I understand it says tri-state area which means the locations closest to NYC. But what about those people that live in NY State and very far away from NYC, say 8 hours away by car? Are they going to check where someone lives? Look at California their daily numbers are increasing a lot while NY and NJ are going down. It simply doesn't make sense any longer.

What I don't get is that the numbers in CT are much lower than even FL why are they on the list? I understand it says tri-state area which means the locations closest to NYC. But what about those people that live in NY State and very far away from NYC, say 8 hours away by car? Are they going to check where someone lives? Look at California their daily numbers are increasing a lot while NY and NJ are going down. It simply doesn't make sense any longer.
please read the thread, this argument has been posted several times already. Again, the EO makes no sense and it's obviously not motivated by the numbers, but by a topic which we cannot discuss here per DIS guidelines.
The next time there should be movement on this thread is when they announce the cancellation on the EO, I really would hate to close it because inevitably someone will open a new one

please read the thread, this argument has been posted several times already. Again, the EO makes no sense and it's obviously not motivated by the numbers, but by a topic which we cannot discuss here per DIS guidelines.
The next time there should be movement on this thread is when they announce the cancellation on the EO, I really would hate to close it because inevitably someone will open a new one
I understand the rules of the board, but I'm curious as to why this thread wouldn't be able to stay open as a place for us NY Tri-State APs to complain 😂

I understand the rules of the board, but I'm curious as to why this thread wouldn't be able to stay open as a place for us NY Tri-State APs to complain 😂
The answer is pretty simple.
Because im the moderator and have to read each and every post on this forum and sub forums within
The complaining will eventually and inevitably go into politics ans that is not allowed
This is a planning forum not one to complain
For complaining you can go to the community board

Every flight from NY NJ and CT wil be asked to self isolate, it doesn't matter your physical address
so....what if you live in NJ but are flying out of PA because it is closer? Is the restriction for flights or from the actual residents? Will I be able to check in with an NJ license?

so....what if you live in NJ but are flying out of PA because it is closer? Is the restriction for flights or from the actual residents? Will I be able to check in with an NJ license?
that I don't know, you should call Disney. The flight from PA won't get screened
This is Disney wording on their site

Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.

Added wording on the WDW site

Health Acknowledgement

Please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. By entering Walt Disney World Resort, you are confirming that you and all persons in your party
  • are not experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.gov, including:
    • Fever or chills
    • Cough
    • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
    • Fatigue
    • Muscle or body aches
    • Headache
    • New loss of taste or smell
    • Sore throat
    • Congestion or runny nose
    • Nausea or vomiting
    • Diarrhea
  • have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine
  • are not under any self-quarantine orders
Guests who cannot confirm all of the above criteria must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
If you need to reschedule your reservation, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639. If you're a Disney Vacation Club Member, please call Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
By entering Walt Disney World Resort, you acknowledge that you understand and will abide by the above health-and-safety requirements.

Still doesn't hint much at anything for AP holders, the rescheduling language is targeting those with resort or DVC reservations.

Added wording on the WDW site

Health Acknowledgement

Please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. By entering Walt Disney World Resort, you are confirming that you and all persons in your party
  • are not experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.gov, including:
    • Fever or chills
    • Cough
    • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
    • Fatigue
    • Muscle or body aches
    • Headache
    • New loss of taste or smell
    • Sore throat
    • Congestion or runny nose
    • Nausea or vomiting
    • Diarrhea
  • have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine
  • are not under any self-quarantine orders
Guests who cannot confirm all of the above criteria must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
If you need to reschedule your reservation, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639. If you're a Disney Vacation Club Member, please call Member Services at (800) 800-9800.
By entering Walt Disney World Resort, you acknowledge that you understand and will abide by the above health-and-safety requirements.

How does this list affect those of us with seasonal allergies? This would mean like a ton of people would not be eligible to enter WDW......

I think they forgot one symptom from that list too..... breathing..... 🤣

Last edited:

They will also have a problem monitoring this because even though you may not reside in the state, a major hub is JFK or EWR. So if you have a connecting flight out of those airports, how can they know where your originally from? There are very few airlines that don’t have connections.

Sorry to post again here but I think the breaking news is warranted....

NY/NJ/CT just instated a 14 day quarantine from any high infection areas, which includes Florida. So at this point in time, even if the FL EO is lifted, we would need to quarantine when we returned home. Meaning after we return, we couldn't go to work or school....

Sorry to post again here but I think the breaking news is warranted....

NY/NJ/CT just instated a 14 day quarantine from any high infection areas, which includes Florida. So at this point in time, even if the FL EO is lifted, we would need to quarantine when we returned home. Meaning after we return, we couldn't go to work or school....

Yup, they just announced it. So as long as Florida keeps on raging with the virus, if you head down to WDW from NY, NJ or CT, you must plan on a 14 day quarantine when you get back.

Yup, they just announced it. So as long as Florida keeps on raging with the virus, if you head down to WDW from NY, NJ or CT, you must plan on a 14 day quarantine when you get back.
Gov Murphy from NJ just said in his PC that constitutionally he cannot stop people from traveling state to state but he is strongly advising that you quarantine for the 14 days. Take that for what it is worth. Who knows at this point

Percent of population of Florida with active cases: .39. Percent of population of New York State with active cases: 3.5. Which state is raging with Covid-19?

Percent of population of Florida with active cases: .39. Percent of population of New York State with active cases: 3.5. Which state is raging with Covid-19?

Not sure where you got your numbers, but NY has had about 390,000 cumulative cases ( not all currently active). With a population of about 19.5M, that equates to about 2%. Cumulative, not active.

Be that as it may, I‘m in CT and it has been a long hard road since March. We need to do whatever we can to not go back there. All our current statistics have been trending in the right direction for 6 weeks.
At this point, the shape of the curve is important.

mac_tlc

OK, so I'm pretty much losing all hope of making a summer trip to WDW with the trends as they are and the various quarantines now in place...so now I'm wondering if we'd be able to retain our December park pass reservations if we took the AP refund and bought length of stay passes. We have resort reservations for Christmas week and I was thankfully successful in making park pass reservations on Monday for that - I don't want to lose those, of course! As I think it through, the amount of money we'd save probably wouldn't be worth the hassle...assuming that we're able to travel in December, which could totally be up in the air. I guess I'm a bit concerned about having to eat the cost if we're not able to travel in December if rates of transmission are still not under control by then.

Anyone else wrestling with a similar thoughts? How is everyone leaning as far as extension or refund at this point?

OK, so I'm pretty much losing all hope of making a summer trip to WDW with the trends as they are and the various quarantines now in place...so now I'm wondering if we'd be able to retain our December park pass reservations if we took the AP refund and bought length of stay passes. We have resort reservations for Christmas week and I was thankfully successful in making park pass reservations on Monday for that - I don't want to lose those, of course! As I think it through, the amount of money we'd save probably wouldn't be worth the hassle...assuming that we're able to travel in December, which could totally be up in the air. I guess I'm a bit concerned about having to eat the cost if we're not able to travel in December if rates of transmission are still not under control by then.

Anyone else wrestling with a similar thoughts? How is everyone leaning as far as extension or refund at this point?

We pretty much know our September is shot with the limitations in place. Plus if the world is on fire we aren't going anywhere and it looks like we are heading that way.

My prediction is that WDW will announce it is closing back up and won't re-open till 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter