AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

Since the OP was asking if Disney would give them another option for their AP situation, I wanted to post this suggestion. I just emailed both the AP dept and Guest Services to ask them to freeze, or pause, our AP's. We have approx 9 months of time left on our AP's. (mid Dec 2019 activation to mid March park closing = approx 3 months of time used) We would like to be able to reactivate our AP's next year when we feel more comfortable to travel, and we can have our family vacations in a time period that works best for our work, school, and activity schedules, rather than Disney's extension time frame.

AP holders should be given 3 options: take the extension, get a refund, or have their AP's frozen, or paused, and later activate the passes again for a period of time equal to the time remaining on their AP's. It makes no sense for Disney to hand out refunds when they could just let people use their AP's at a later time that works for them. Win-Win for all parties involved! We're really hoping that Disney will consider this option. Maybe if enough people contact Disney, they will listen.

Not sure where you got your numbers, but NY has had about 390,000 cumulative cases ( not all currently active). With a population of about 19.5M, that equates to about 2%. Cumulative, not active.

Be that as it may, I‘m in CT and it has been a long hard road since March. We need to do whatever we can to not go back there. All our current statistics have been trending in the right direction for 6 weeks.
At this point, the shape of the curve is important

mac_tlc
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Gov Murphy from NJ just said in his PC that constitutionally he cannot stop people from traveling state to state but he is strongly advising that you quarantine for the 14 days. Take that for what it is worth. Who knows at this point

I was following this subject on another forum and someone who was using language that sounded as if they had a background in law said something to the effect that the Governor's office is not making a strong effort to enforce this because they know an EO *can* be taken to court and *can* be deemed unconstitutional. (I fact-checked this part and it is true) So if it was enforced on the wrong person, say a lawyer, they might have a law suit slapped on them. In the case of Desantis, he'd have trouble proving that a traveler from the Tri State Area is currently (june) a threat to the health and safety of his FL constituents. He probably has been advised of this.
Again, not my thoughts but those of someone who seemed to know more about the legalities of this than I.

ETA-- GO BIRDS!!!

Last edited:

OK I see what Jroceagles was speaking of. Found this: "Regarding the ability to enforce the quarantines for those coming into NJ, Murphy said, “Constitutionally we are not able to put up border checks around New Jersey.” He said that travel from one state to the next is allowed but that, “We’re asking folks to take on a big amount of personality [sic] responsibility to do the right thing…”

143B75ED-1457-456E-B27B-83E467569CB1.jpeg
Now you have to quarantine when you get back also

The concern isn't the government or our employers or schools, etc; it is first and foremost personal and public health. If the conditions aren't right for us to travel safely in the midst of a global pandemic, then we won't.
Same. Our situation, (employed in family run business,) is basically one where we have had limited contact with the public since March. All in family are mask-wearers when in public (stores, etc), without exception. I don't see that changing in the near future. At this point it would feel weird NOT wearing a mask outside the home LOL. Aaaannnnddd... just this week, after many many failures, I FINALLY made a mask that DOESN'T bother my TMJD!!!! So happy about that. :cheer2: Now I have to sew a bunch for WDW.

Same. Our situation, (employed in family run business,) is basically one where we have had limited contact with the public since March. All in family are mask-wearers when in public (stores, etc), without exception. I don't see that changing in the near future. At this point it would feel weird NOT wearing a mask outside the home LOL. Aaaannnnddd... just this week, after many many failures, I FINALLY made a mask that DOESN'T bother my TMJD!!!! So happy about that. :cheer2: Now I have to sew a bunch for WDW.
Congrats on getting your mask design tweaked! I know I've seen other posts from you that you've been working to get it right for your needs.

And I agree, DH and I were just talking last night and I was saying I would feel like I was nude in public not wearing one now...it will surely be an odd transition when it is time.

Since the OP was asking if Disney would give them another option for their AP situation, I wanted to post this suggestion. I just emailed both the AP dept and Guest Services to ask them to freeze, or pause, our AP's. We have approx 9 months of time left on our AP's. (mid Dec 2019 activation to mid March park closing = approx 3 months of time used) We would like to be able to reactivate our AP's next year when we feel more comfortable to travel, and we can have our family vacations in a time period that works best for our work, school, and activity schedules, rather than Disney's extension time frame.

AP holders should be given 3 options: take the extension, get a refund, or have their AP's frozen, or paused, and later activate the passes again for a period of time equal to the time remaining on their AP's. It makes no sense for Disney to hand out refunds when they could just let people use their AP's at a later time that works for them. Win-Win for all parties involved! We're really hoping that Disney will consider this option. Maybe if enough people contact Disney, they will listen.

I've been seeing the topic of a freeze option being discussed, and I agree that it would be a great solution for many of us. You would think it would be a win-win and an easy way to make a lot of loyal fans happy.

What email addresses did you use?

Freezing would be a great option, something I would even consider. That is until my plans change **again** and either I want to make a park reservation and can't because I'm locked to a specific date OR want to push the date out further.

We bought our AP January 20 and right now they are valid through 5/9/20, without the extra month. I wouldn't be surprised if all AP were given another extension or something. No PH, water parks, park reservation system, etc.

So, how did they handle your request?

is that the metric for quarantine from the tristate area to Florida or to the tristate area from Florida?
From FL to the tristate area. To FL, the ban is not dependent on testing rates, as evidenced by the low current levels in NY not changing anything. The ban put in place by NY, NJ, CT is not singling out any particular area, it is governed by the rates.

From what I'm reading, at least for NY, the wording states:

Based upon Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 205, issued June 25, 2020, the following states meet the criteria for required quarantine:
  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Arizona
  • Florida
  • North Carolina
  • South Carolina
  • Texas
  • Utah
This is based upon a seven day rolling average, of positive tests in excess of 10%, or number of positive cases exceeding 10 per 100,000 residents.

So if the numbers drop consistently for 7 days, it seems the ban may no longer be in effect. For those August trips it may be possible. I guess the best is to just wait and see if those from Florida will actually start distancing and wearing masks (properly) to get their numbers down. We spent weeks up here isolated, getting grocery delivery or pick-up, working at home, not gathering in large crowds, phasing openings, etc... to lower our numbers. All these states with surging cases have a roadmap detailing what we did and didn't do to get the numbers down. It is all laid out for them. Hopefully we'll start seeing some changes soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter