AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

What email address did you use. I will gladly send an email since we are in the same position with DVC APs. We have a trip planned in Sept. but can’t take the chance of waiting until Sept. 5 to see what happens. DVC has changed some of its policies but I still can’t chance losing points by cancelling too late. This whole thing stinks. They are taking away everything we have to look forward to. Easy to see how people can get depressed with all of thus.
best email to use is
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com'I have emailed them through this many times, leave a phone number and a sentence saying that I want them to contact me and they have always called

It's doing the right thing and following the rules. Quarantine for 14 days.

Although I am disappointed that the quarantine rule was extended, I do agree with this. We have a trip Aug 15-22 but our only options now are to cancel, wait and hope they lift the ban, or stay with my in-laws in North Carolina for 2 weeks before going to Disney. I am not going to try and bypass the order. Maybe I am being silly, but if I did try to circumvent it would make me feel ripe for karmic retribution lol.

It is a bit strange though if you think about it as a whole. I could follow the rules by going to Arizona or Texas (2 states with much higher daily numbers) for 2 weeks, then going to Disney, which seems a bit silly doesn't it? Also the fact that they lump all of the 3 states in a blanket statement is interesting too. Upstate NY numbers are wayyy lower than near NYC (where I live) but they are banned just the same.

Here is hoping Disney and the Governor work together to get the ban lifted a little earlier than planned.

Don’t forget though, anyone traveling to FL from the NY, NJ, CT area also needs to quarantine for 14 days upon their return to their home state. And on top of that, anyone traveling from NY would then be ineligible for COVID-related sick leave upon their return to NY. So it’s not so much just the FL quarantine aspect, you’d be risking quite a bit coming to FL right now.

This is the most important factor for me right now. Doesn’t matter if Disney lets me stay on property, or if NY tracks my flight home. My employer has followed suit & is making anyone traveling to these states ineligible for sick pay too. If I get a disease that can make me sick for up to several months I can’t imagine not being eligible for paid sick leave. If I am too sick to work, I wouldn’t get any sick pay or income? Not gonna risk it.

I was planning to renew our APs in December, but I am beginner to think about just letting them expire & seeing how things look by mid 2021. If we can’t go in September because of these restrictions, we’ll have paid for APs for all of 2020 & never used them. (We used them last December & I did request the partial refund).

It's doing the right thing and following the rules. Quarantine for 14 days.

How is this the "right thing"? I'm in CT. We have the second lowest infection rate in the entire US. I pose less of a risk to FL residents than residents of TX and AZ. I'm certainly not going to break any rules and, quite honestly, am not going to FL because CT schools are opening in the fall and I'm not going to jeopardize my family's health and my DS's chance to go back to school by going to FL, but FL asking CT residents to quarantine at this point for any type of health reason is ludicrous. If it's to try to keep tourism numbers down since the tri-state does make up a large percentage of summer tourists, I guess I get it and I certainly understand our state wanting us to quarantine when we get back. I will be reaching out to Disney regarding our APs. As it's been since the beginning, companies and customers have now found themselves between a rock and a hard place due to the virus and government regulations. I understand it's not Disney's fault, but I think how they react to this is going to set the tone as to whether we, personally, renew our APs or continue to look at WDW as a primary vacation destination.

This is the most important factor for me right now. Doesn’t matter if Disney lets me stay on property, or if NY tracks my flight home. My employer has followed suit & is making anyone traveling to these states ineligible for sick pay too. If I get a disease that can make me sick for up to several months I can’t imagine not being eligible for paid sick leave.

I was planning to renew our APs in December, but I am beginner to think about just letting them expire & seeing how things look by mid 2021. If we can’t go in September because of these restrictions, we’ll have paid for APs for all of 2020 & never used them. (We used them last December & I did request the partial refund).

Yeah that's a real bummer. BUT the good thing about the NY order is that it adjusts as states get their cases under control. So in theory, that can be lifted. They have been updating that list every couple days. Obviously that doesn't help you plan, but at least there is logic there.

That is also what is so frustrating about FL's order. Its just seems to be a blanket arbitrary statement and doesn't even protect Florida from places that are actually spiking......

Disney has said the following since Resorts reopened. Again this thread is to discuss how you will modify plans according to the EO, not the fariness or sense of it

What You’ll Need
Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Really bummed out. My May 2020 DVC split stay between Poly & Floridan cancelled. I renewed my AP few weeks ago, booked my parks (in that hellishly long process), I've already completed online check in for Sept 12th -18th stay at Kidani.

Now I do not know what to do. Can't wait until Sept 7th to find out what Florida or New York will do as I need to cancel within 30 days to not have my points go into holding, I also will have so many points to use, given my May trip cancelled and now Sept trip probably cancelled.

This just sucks !

Hey guys...

Since there was still no update on the website, I decided to call the phone number at the bottom of the COVID page...

The woman I spoke with, who was very nice I must say, explained that when Louisiana was lifted from the quarantine, the July 7th expiration date for NY/NJ/CT was also lifted. Now, the official expiration date for the quarantine is September 5th, unless it is lifted at some point. Here’s the number if anyone wants to call themselves: 1 (866) 779-6121

I didn’t want to believe it, but now I have no choice.

I’m just very sad right now 😢
So if you read the orders and then look at a tri state map, technically or legally it should be only theses counties. I am calling too. The New York tristate area is specific. Not sure how the whole states are included according to the EO wording.

So if you read the orders and then look at a tri state map, technically or legally it should be only theses counties. I am calling too. The New York tristate area is specific. Not sure how the whole states are included according to the EO wording.

View attachment 507370

Please let us know the results of your call, as I am in New York, but not in the counties pictured on the map.

agree on the wording upstate NY is not Tri-State. The blanket ban is not based on evidence for sure
Otherwise wouldnt It just say State of New York, State of a New Jersey and State of Connecticut? Why would tri state Area even be written when that is a specific area of three states. I know this is getting technical but in an EO it’s the words that count. Legally. There can’t be assumptions, which there are.

View attachment 507370

This is how I've interpreted the mandate. Tri-State area has always been down closest to NYC, not upstate NY farm country. My goodness, we have counties that never even made it to the double digits in cases. Total. Since this started.

This is how I've interpreted the mandate. Tri-State area has always been down closest to NYC, not upstate NY farm country. My goodness, we have counties that never even made it to the double digits in cases. Total. Since this started.

According to Wikipedia....it’s not all the states but Parts or areas of the states Surrounding NYC.

Honestly, this seems to be something that was overlooked in extending this executive order. CT had 57 new cases yesterday, 0 deaths. I was pretty shocked to see this extended yesterday, as I just assumed all along it would expire. I'm still not cancelling and holding out hope that A. Florida gets the new cases under control, and B. DeSantis issues another executive order eliminating the quarantine restriction.

I may have asked this already but does anyone know if the 14 day quaratine has to be once you get to Florida? Or as long as I quarantine outside of the restricted areas for 14 days before I go I am ok?

I may have asked this already but does anyone know if the 14 day quaratine has to be once you get to Florida? Or as long as I quarantine outside of the restricted areas for 14 days before I go I am ok?
Not sure it’s actually addressed anywhere, but I think if you were to quarantine in one of the non-tristate areas for 14 days prior to arriving in Florida you would be deemed ok as per the EO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter