• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

Wondering where you found this map. I’d love to see if for myself...as I’m in in South Jersey I’m Atlantic County which is not highlighted on the map in your post!

Hello my fellow Atlantic County resident! I'm wondering about that too

Wondering where you found this map. I’d love to see if for myself...as I’m in in South Jersey I’m Atlantic County which is not highlighted on the map in your post!

here is a map of the NY Tristate area and the EO wording. NY tristate is specific So if you go by the EO wording I don’t think legally they can ban the whole states. I am not a lawyer but just using common sense. Why would tri state be in there if it was all 3 full states. They would just of listed the individual states. If you lookup the definition of tristate in Wikipedia and tons of other sources it is only specific to this area. They listed which tristate area by putting the names of the states as there are many tri state areas in the country. I did my research. Lol. But this could end soon anyway. Who knows.

I just got off the phone with the FL COVID hotline. I was told to keep an eye on the website as things will be changing in regard to the states with travel restrictions. This was after I pleaded my case about the vague “tristate” confusion in the EO. She was super nice and said your state is doing good and may not even be on there when the changes take place. 😁 So let’s wait and see!! She said they have gotten lots of calls.
Did she give you a time frame?

Even the counties in the "tri-state" are a bit ridiculous. I live in Somerset County in NJ and we've only had 5k cases total since March, but we're in the part of the "no go zone"despite making up less than 2% of all cases in NJ.

Here in neighboring Hunterdon County it took us 3 months to surpass 1000 cumulative cases (and about a third of those were coming out of long term care or correctional facilities.) Yet we are also in the no-go zone.

I am sure the governor would need to sign some new order, that probably takes a little time. she said they have received lots of calls regarding this. Well, they should because it makes no sense anymore.
holding out hope and waiting to pull the plug on these last glimmer of hope!

I am not an AP holder but I do have a trip planned and from the trip state area. I dont understand logic at all.

My hopes are fading fast.

I'm literally 8 days away...i don't get it July 5th NY 518 cases Ct 0 cases
NJ 369 cases CA 11,529 cases
TX 5,318 cases...when I called the florida covid line last night I got the most unhelpful guy...he said he thought the order was extended but only for 2 weeks...i asked why are we still being mandated to quarantine if our numbers are low...he said to protect you from us so your numbers don't go back up...okay if that was the case why only us 🤦‍♀️

I'm literally 8 days away...i don't get it July 5th NY 518 cases Ct 0 cases
NJ 369 cases CA 11,529 cases
TX 5,318 cases...when I called the florida covid line last night I got the most unhelpful guy...he said he thought the order was extended but only for 2 weeks...i asked why are we still being mandated to quarantine if our numbers are low...he said to protect you from us so your numbers don't go back up...okay if that was the case why only us 🤦‍♀️
I would call again. ask why tristate is being singled out specifically . I also mentioned to them that the legal definition of tristate does not include the whole state. They are legally bound to the words written in the EO right? someone else called and got the response that I got, that there are changes coming.

We canceled our August trip. I have no idea why anyone would even want to travel to Florida right now anyway.

Also, for people from the tri-state who are traveling to Florida, you will need to quarantine for 14 days when you return home. I hope people from the area who decide to go to Florida will comply with our state's quarantine orders when you return home to NY.

We canceled our August trip. I have no idea why anyone would even want to travel to Florida right now anyway.

Also, for people from the tri-state who are traveling to Florida, you will need to quarantine for 14 days when you return home. I hope people from the area who decide to go to Florida will comply with our state's quarantine orders when you return home to NY.
IF FL is still over the 10% rate...7 day rolling.

Seriously. Everyone fighting to get into Florida. Why? No case of cabin fever is that severe that I would take my family to the centre of the storm. My health and the health of my family is much more important than my AP or DVC points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter