AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

We canceled our August trip. I have no idea why anyone would even want to travel to Florida right now anyway.

Also, for people from the tri-state who are traveling to Florida, you will need to quarantine for 14 days when you return home. I hope people from the area who decide to go to Florida will comply with our state's quarantine orders when you return home to NY.
I am pretty sure those of us living in states with restrictions are aware of them. But thank you for that information. Sorry you felt the need to cancel, maybe you can re schedule at a later date.

I called yesterday and emailed the Covid 19 line. Also got in touch with Visit Fl. I did get a response to my email to Visitflorida.com. I was told it would be forwarded to the powers that be. My AP is not expiring but I have a trip in the middle of next week that I've moved a few times since May. I also booked another "back up" for Sept (if it happens.) Made sure to mention other peoples Passes and Points expiring etc. I'm just feeling a little salty and disappointed.;) :( We'll see what happens.
Edit: I am aware of the quarantine when I get home and have every intention of following it. Which is why I'm upset about the Fl quarantine, I have NO intention of breaking It :goodvibes

I'm anxiously awaiting a response as well. I rented non-refundable DVC points through a rental service ages ago, and while I would be refunded for many things with my trip insurance; this quarantine mandate will not be covered. I really don't want to lose all that money. Less than a month to go. Crossing fingers.

Our primary residence is NJ but we spend summers out of the tristate area at a 2nd home and would be flying to WDW from an airport outside of those states. Will we be permitted to check in without quarantine despite our primary address? I sent guest services an email but have not yet received a response. Anyone else in this situation? We would happily supply our secondary address but it isn't on our drivers licenses and I don't want my family to be turned away or told we can't leave our resort room. If that is the case, we will cancel. I am not looking to dodge state requirements.

Our primary residence is NJ but we spend summers out of the tristate area at a 2nd home and would be flying to WDW from an airport outside of those states. Will we be permitted to check in without quarantine despite our primary address? I sent guest services an email but have not yet received a response. Anyone else in this situation? We would happily supply our secondary address but it isn't on our drivers licenses and I don't want my family to be turned away or told we can't leave our resort room. If that is the case, we will cancel. I am not looking to dodge state requirements.
From what I’ve seen reported on other threads, the people asked to fill out the quarantine paperwork are those flying from a tri-state airport. There have been no reports of hotels questioning guests or denying them service based on their home address on file. It seems to be honor system in terms of enforcement.

I don’t think Disney will bat an eye in your situation. There are lots of people who live in Florida who have homes elsewhere. This is why Disney allows people to qualify for in-state APs with Florida utility bills in their name but drivers licenses from other states. As long as you haven’t been in NY, NJ,or CT for two weeks prior to check in, you have fulfilled the requirements of FL’s quarantine, which applies to travelers from the tri-state, not residents of the tri-state.

I would call again. ask why tristate is being singled out specifically . I also mentioned to them that the legal definition of tristate does not include the whole state. They are legally bound to the words written in the EO right? someone else called and got the response that I got, that there are changes coming.
Someone said they just called and were told they were updating the travel restriction list this weekend removing states and adding others

Someone said they just called and were told they were updating the travel restriction list this weekend removing states and adding others
This looks to me to be a losing/useless battle...........of the 50 states, close to 40 are seeing an up tick...........only the Northeast is showing any kind of downturn or a holding pattern. Other than not allowing folks to board planes to Florida.........there's no real way to control it. The whole thing is FUBAR..........now imagine having to move during all of this o_O

Doug :goofy:

Desantis apparently making “major announcement” in Orlando this afternoon.
Is there a link to where it can be streamed? Not too excited-maybe he's just announcing that there's a virus...could be masks being mandated or about the Republican National Convention.

We canceled our August trip. I have no idea why anyone would even want to travel to Florida right now anyway.

Also, for people from the tri-state who are traveling to Florida, you will need to quarantine for 14 days when you return home. I hope people from the area who decide to go to Florida will comply with our state's quarantine orders when you return home to NY.

I booked Labor Day because I don't feel comfortable going any time before then, I moved that trip to the end of September because of the FL quarantine extension. Everything I have is refundable/changeable with no fees, and I'm privileged enough that I can work from home during a return quarantine.

A lot can happen in 2 months. I'm hoping and praying for the sake of Floridians more than my vacation that things will get better. I have friends and family in the state who I'm very worried about but even if I didn't, having lived through the worst of the first wave in NYC as part of our local gov't response, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. If it doesn't get better by then, there will be far worse things to worry about for all of us. I really, really hope it does, but if it doesn't, I'm fine with canceling until next year and traveling somewhere closer to home to cope with the burnout I'm feeling. We have some pretty nice attractions upstate that could use the business.

I booked Labor Day because I don't feel comfortable going any time before then, I moved that trip to the end of September because of the FL quarantine extension. Everything I have is refundable/changeable with no fees, and I'm privileged enough that I can work from home during a return quarantine.

A lot can happen in 2 months. I'm hoping and praying for the sake of Floridians more than my vacation that things will get better. I have friends and family in the state who I'm very worried about but even if I didn't, having lived through the worst of the first wave in NYC as part of our local gov't response, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. If it doesn't get better by then, there will be far worse things to worry about for all of us. I really, really hope it does, but if it doesn't, I'm fine with canceling until next year and traveling somewhere closer to home to cope with the burnout I'm feeling. We have some pretty nice attractions upstate that could use the business.
Totally agree, this goes beyond Disney. I’m concerned for my loved ones, many who are elderly and living in the worst hot parts of Florida. We just went through this in NY. I k ow we all have different viewpoints, but my mind keeps coming back to the fact that no one would have opened a theme park in NYC in the middle of this.

We have a mid Sept. trip booked which was originally for May. We are waiting to see what happens and are still hoping to go. Quarantine in CT is no problem since I am retired and hubby can work from home. It is still the FL quarantine that is the holdup. I know there is much speculation is Disney should be opening with the current numbers but lost in all this is that Sea World and Universal have been open for a month and seem to be doing great. People just need to be cautious and take responsibility for themselves and not leave it all to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter