AP holders-will we need park reservations in 2024 if we're a resort guest?

ML_LovesDisney

DIS Veteran
Hi all, I bought the Sorcerer's Pass this year and will be using it for a February and July trip. If we are resort guests, do you still need a park reservation as an AP holder? I am confused by the new rules since they are getting rid of park reservations 1/9/24, but still in place for AP holders. Anyone have any insight?

The way I have read the current rules with the upcoming changes the answer still appears to be yes. I know it defies logic but I'm hopeful it will change in the near future. I have a trip upcoming in Feb and dread that I still may need to reserve daily.

APs will not be recognized as 'dated' tickets in 2024, so you'll need park reservations. The resort stay has no impact. However, Disney has hinted that there will be blocks of time in 2024 where AP holders won't need them - but no info has been shared yet. You should expect to need them - but no hopping restrictions!

APs will not be recognized as 'dated' tickets in 2024, so you'll need park reservations. The resort stay has no impact. However, Disney has hinted that there will be blocks of time in 2024 where AP holders won't need them - but no info has been shared yet. You should expect to need them - but no hopping restrictions!
Ahhh good point. So I can basically make any reservation and then hop whenever I want now. Do we still have to clock in at the reserved park first as in the past?

Ahhh good point. So I can basically make any reservation and then hop whenever I want now. Do we still have to clock in at the reserved park first as in the past?
From the bottom of the DPB post announcing the upcoming park hopping change:
*To use the Park Hopper benefit, Annual Passholders must make a theme park reservation for the first park they plan to visit AND enter that first park prior to visiting another. Or, they can enter a theme park without a reservation on a “good-to-go” date for that park or after 2 p.m. (except Magic Kingdom on Saturdays and Sundays) before visiting another park.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...pper-access-coming-back-to-walt-disney-world/

Last edited:
It's those "good-to-go" dates that are still unclear. I expect those will be lower attendance time periods where they're not worried about monitoring AP capacity at the parks - but no word yet. And since it's less than 3 months until 1/9/24 when most park reservations won't be required - it's time for them to announce the dates for APs!

Here is where my confusion lies. We have been AP holders for years but we do not renew. It makes more sense for us to expire and buy new. We are not local (incredi pass ) and while we still get 3 to 4 trips out of one, there is always a lag time that doesn’t make sense for us to renew. Anyway, on my next trip I planned on upgrading our tickets to APs after we enter our first park of that trip. Once I do that if I understand correctly, I will need to make park reservations for the rest of our trip?

Here is where my confusion lies. We have been AP holders for years but we do not renew. It makes more sense for us to expire and buy new. We are not local (incredi pass ) and while we still get 3 to 4 trips out of one, there is always a lag time that doesn’t make sense for us to renew. Anyway, on my next trip I planned on upgrading our tickets to APs after we enter our first park of that trip. Once I do that if I understand correctly, I will need to make park reservations for the rest of our trip?
Yes, unless there are good to go days…or unless they change it.

So apparently pass holders are limited to only 5 days to reserve even though are staying on site. I am staying 10 days on site next month and when go to book park reservations, I am limited to only 5 days. I thought the 5 day limit was only when not staying on site.

my further research on the annual pass site reveals this statement so i should be able to make reservations for all days I am staying at BCV and BRV next month. guess call is needed
  • Annual Passholders staying at Disney Resort hotels or other select hotels are eligible to make theme park reservations for each day of their Resort stay(s). This is in addition to holding their maximum number of theme park reservations at a time on a rolling basis.

Last edited:
So apparently pass holders are limited to only 5 days to reserve even though are staying on site. I am staying 10 days on site next month and when go to book park reservations, I am limited to only 5 days. I thought the 5 day limit was only when not staying on site.

It used to be when everyone had to have reservations. Now that the eliminated them for day tickets, APs can only hold 5.

But, starting January 11th, they will post “good to go” days for AP holders. On those days you won’t need one

I think we will see more good to go days than not so in practice, I’m hoping the 5 reservation limit won’t really be a big deal.

It used to be when everyone had to have reservations. Now that the eliminated them for day tickets, APs can only hold 5.

But, starting January 11th, they will post “good to go” days for AP holders. On those days you won’t need one

I think we will see more good to go days than not so in practice, I’m hoping the 5 reservation limit won’t really be a big deal.
I edited my original post as found further info on the annual pass site. Probably typical Disney tech glitch as have found that most of my Magic bands are not showing up from last year and when i go to add Dvc card and annual pass to my apple wallet, my dvc membership and annual pass show up under my wife's name and not mine. My correct DVC membership and annual pass show up under my profile in membership and passes but not under Magicmobile

my further research on the annual pass site reveals this statement so i should be able to make reservations for all days I am staying at BCV and BRV next month. guess call is needed
  • Annual Passholders staying at Disney Resort hotels or other select hotels are eligible to make theme park reservations for each day of their Resort stay(s). This is in addition to holding their maximum number of theme park reservations at a time on a rolling basis.
Make sure you choose the option to pair with your hotel reservation - there are 2 ways to book park passes. You can make them for the full length of your stay.

Make sure you choose the option to pair with your hotel reservation - there are 2 ways to book park passes. You can make them for the full length of your stay.
Thanks for that information. My reservations were linked to my Disney app and went to make park reservations and initially did not see that option. Have now gone back and that options comes up. One does have to select which reservation to make the park reservations with as will not let me click the box for both reservations of my split stay.

Hi, I made my park reservations when my booking window opened. They still appear in my Disney app so I'm guessing they are still in place. Is this a correct assumption to make?

I really wish they would stop changing things all the time. Nothing like making life difficult...this is supposed to be a vacation and shouldn't require so much work...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter