AP Hotel Rates

voxparse

Abide
I tried searching but just couldn't find anything. Is it possible to book a hotel room at the AP holder rate before the AP is activated? If so, how do I find that rate?

I'm able to see AP rates by clicking Special Offers then the AP offer. Make sure you are logged into MDE. I just bought my AP this morning, so it hasn't been activated.
This works for me too however I'm concerned it will activate the pass now if I book. Does anyone know if that happens or not? It seems like it should not give you have to go to guest services to activate when you arrive but I admittedly did not read all the fine print I agreed to this morning when buying the APs.

This works for me too however I'm concerned it will activate the pass now if I book. Does anyone know if that happens or not? It seems like it should not give you have to go to guest services to activate when you arrive but I admittedly did not read all the fine print I agreed to this morning when buying the APs.
It won't activate until you enter the park with it :goodvibes

I am having an issue where I have an annual pass, but when I select the offer it brings me to the queue page to buy an annual pass... they already got my money!

I am having an issue where I have an annual pass, but when I select the offer it brings me to the queue page to buy an annual pass... they already got my money!
I was getting the same page when trying to access it on my PC, but was able to get right in to view AP rates using the browser on my phone.

Still getting pushed to the queue page, so strange!
If anyone that can see the passholder rates quote me the room only rates for August 25-27 in BWI (garden, two adults), and Yacht August 27-September 1 (garden two adults)... I would appreciate it!

If anyone that can see the passholder rates quote me the room only rates for August 25-27 in BWI (garden, two adults), and Yacht August 27-September 1 (garden two adults)... I would appreciate it!
BWI 8/25-8/27, 2 adults, Garden View: $384.80/night ($865.80 total inc. tax)
YC 8/27-9/1, 2 adults, Garden or Woods View: $396.60/night ($2,230.87 total incl. tax)

I bought my AP this morning and have no issue looking at the rates. I’ve even put a few in my cart and it’s been fine (niw, I haven’t tried to check out because I intend to call and switch what I currently have booked).

Still getting pushed to the queue page, so strange!

Not strange, just Disney IT at its finest. 🙄. This has been an ongoing problem for years, well before Covid. Someone mentioned it’s related to how your pass was linked in MDE. But honestly, no one knows for sure. It seems totally random. Sorry you ended up with the issue. There’s usually a thread on AP rates in the discounts sub forum. If you ask there or in the resort specific thread, someone is usually happy to look up rates for you.

Yes, but you will need to call. You won't be able to see the AP rates online until you activate your AP.
I can see AP rates online (and just switched a pre-existing resort reservation to an AP rate), yet we bought yesterday and aren’t activating until August. Did they change anything? Because I remember it being like you say.

When I became a passholder in 2018 for the first time, I was able to get the AP discount on the hotel before I activated the pass. I believe I just had to go activate my pass when I arrived before checking into the resort. The resort verified it was active upon check-in.

When I became a passholder in 2018 for the first time, I was able to get the AP discount on the hotel before I activated the pass. I believe I just had to go activate my pass when I arrived before checking into the resort. The resort verified it was active upon check-in.
This has always been possible fwiw, but previously the site would not let you actually see the AP rates online with an unactivated pass, you had to call up for it. Apparently it's that second part that's changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter