• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP math question

csmommy

DIS Veteran
I'm asking all you math/budget minded people out there if this makes sense.

We are going in May & are split staying between AKL & The Swan (can you tell I already have problems making decisions!:D ). There are 4 of us, & I was going to purchase 3 5 day PH & 1 AP if the rates were good enough. Now for the math: An AP costs $161.88 over the advanced purchase price of PH. So If I divide the extra cost by 6 night (my length of stay) it comes to $26.98, so I would need to save more then that per night for an AP to be worth it, right?

We will not be going again in the coming year, so I would be purchasing it just for the resort discount for our current trip.

Also does The Swan offer AP rates?

Thanks all!
:Pinkbounc

Yes, the Swan does offer AP rates, but right now I believe there are special rates for the Swan that are just as good as the AP rates, maybe even better. So you really will only be benefitting from the AP over three nights. Also, there are currently discount codes for all the Disney resorts, and you don't need an AP to get the discount. So, once AP rates come out, unless the AP rate will save you more than 53.96 per night at AKL over what the current discounts are, then it really would not be worth it to get an AP. And I don't think that the AP rate savings will be that much more. So it sounds like you may be better off not getting an AP.

BrianD

Thats what I was thinking. Our current rate is $147.00 at the Swan & $155.00 at AKL. I can't imagine the AP rates being that much better. I just didn't want to get caught up in all the AP excitement, if they do come out.

You do not actually have to have the AP in hand to make the AP reservation. Watch out for AP rates, then if one comes out for either of your resorts that makes the cost of an AP worth it, then make the reservation and then get your AP. If nothing comes out then purchase whatever PHP you need for your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter