AP no FPs after 2pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
My friend was there this week. She is a FL resident with annual passes. They made two FPs at AK and went to make a third after riding the rides and they got a message which said they could not make a same day FP after 2pm in order to speed up the lines towards the end of the day.

Is this temporary? Wouldn't this affect people being able to get a 4th and 5th etc?

I just tested (granted I obviously haven’t used FP today as I’m sadly not there lol) and it let me make a day of FP just now. I’ve never heard of that message.

It just said no same day FPs could be made after 2pm. She is hoping this is just temporary.

Interesting because I’m able to book for a party of 2 for AK right now. There are only 2 rides available and my linked tickets are CM comps.

Was she trying for a 2nd Tier 1 without using her 2nd Tier 2?

Interesting because I’m able to book for a party of 2 for AK right now. There are only 2 rides available and my linked tickets are CM comps.

I booked with an AP to test and it worked as well.

That’s what it sounds like- she used two FPs, but not the third one which would have been a tier 2 if one of the first ones was a tier 1.

The wording of the message makes it sound like an emergency one of sorts (not a message you’d get without using the proper FP before booking more), which is why I thought of the day where tons of attractions were down.

Would they actually stop someone from booking an It’s Tough to be a Bug FP for crowd flow reasons 😂?

I am a FL resident passholder and I had no issues at MK on Saturday. I have never seen that before

I don't think this was a tier issue. She would have known that as she goes all the time now. The message said no more FPs after 2pm to allow the lines to move quicker later in the day. Sounds like a crowd issue although she said the crowds were great and not bad at all.

Ive never seen that, and we are locals and were just recently at AK and able to make same day after 2pm. Maybe a glitch..

We have had APs for several years and I have never seen that message.
Not sure if being a Florida resident made any difference( we're not).
I have seen the message where there are no more FPs available for that day, but never at 2 pm.

I believe it was the 14th and 16th that dinoland was closing at 4 p.m. with park closing at 8. If it was one of those days I’d wager it was that and not a permanent change.

This sounds like user error or user misunderstanding to me. The whole “to speed things up” just sounds plain ridiculous and leads me to believe they missed something. My guess is that AK was blacked out for a moment with the standard “FP distribution has ended for the day” message that will occasionally pop up mid afternoon (and more often as you approach closing) when nothing is available the moment you check.

I was at AK yesterday and was able to make 4th and 5th FP selections at 3 and 4 p.m. For Florida resident AP holders. Sounds like a glitch of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter