• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Have folks calling into the AP line today still been able to request the partial refund? There was talk yesterday about not being able to request the partial refund once your AP shows an extension date so I'm trying to decide if I want to brave the long hold time.

Yep. Just did this earlier today because I got tired of waiting for a call back for the past month. Got the automated “We are closed” response email back. Their silence is deafening!
I emailed and explained my issues and asked for a call back, and got called 3 days later, so they are reading them

or whatsapp

Is Whatsapp able to call landline numbers now? I use Whatsapp fairly extensively in my day to day life but was always only able to call to people in my contacts. Just checked and can't see an option to call a landline on my app so wonder if I'm missing something...

Is Whatsapp able to call landline numbers now? I use Whatsapp fairly extensively in my day to day life but was always only able to call to people in my contacts. Just checked and can't see an option to call a landline on my app so wonder if I'm missing something...
lol I honest;y have no clue, I use it to call my family in Venezuela, but they have cell phones

again, to make sufficient noise everyone affected NEEDS to email Disney, talking about it here is all great to vent but does nothing to change anything
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Is there any difference between the email addresses? Wondering as the email I just emailed is guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.com and I'm wondering if I should also fire off an email to the wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com address...

lol I honest;y have no clue, I use it to call my family in Venezuela, but they have cell phones

Oh right. Yeah I can use Whatsapp to call friends/family in other countries over Wifi which would probably be what you are doing - but I don't think this can connect to landlines (which is what Skype can do for a fee).

Our Gold APs were extended 117 days as well, from October 15 to February 9.

The next bit of information I’ll be watching for is whether we can upgrade from Gold to Platinum in the normal way (by paying the difference), so that our APs will be good during the December blackout dates when our next trip is scheduled to occur. I’m not going to try to do it myself for quite a while, since there is the tiniest possibility that we may have to reschedule that trip.

Is there any difference between the email addresses? Wondering as the email I just emailed is guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.com and I'm wondering if I should also fire off an email to the wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com address...

Oh right. Yeah I can use Whatsapp to call friends/family in other countries over Wifi which would probably be what you are doing - but I don't think this can connect to landlines (which is what Skype can do for a fee).
I don't know if there's a difference, but each time I have sent an email with the address I shared I have gotten a response

I don't know if there's a difference, but each time I have sent an email with the address I shared I have gotten a response

Thank you - I have sent that address an email too and will see what they say. Don't think I can handle another hour+ on hold tonight (as it's now 12.40am here!)

I am confused. It looks like they extended the wrong thing. 😢😢😢😢😢View attachment 501928
I got through on the phone after an hour on hold and then talked with the cast member for an hour. He did note that my case was definitely strange. He had to escalate it up. Basically all I wanted was assurance that what ever was going to happen was going to happen to the correct account. Fingers crossed 🤞

I don’t think I added it in here, but I got through after about an hour. Today was told the auto extensions won’t prevent future refund requests (fingers crossed) and they are taking requests for full refunds on a case by case basis.

(Canadian, Platinum, not extended yet, if any of that matters)

Have folks calling into the AP line today still been able to request the partial refund? There was talk yesterday about not being able to request the partial refund once your AP shows an extension date so I'm trying to decide if I want to brave the long hold time.

Yes, I just requested our refund about 30 minutes ago. I was on hold for about 50 minutes before getting through. The CM said that even if an AP shows as being extended a Passholder can still request the refund. I asked if there was a deadline to request the refund and she said at this time she doesn’t know of a deadline. She personally recommended notifying them before the parks reopen if one wants the refund, as long as a deadline wasn’t formally set. She did not know how they would calculate the refund. Only that the refund would be based off of each day of the park closures.

Yes, I just requested our refund about 30 minutes ago. I was on hold for about 50 minutes before getting through. The CM said that even if an AP shows as being extended a Passholder can still request the refund. I asked if there was a deadline to request the refund and she said at this time she doesn’t know of a deadline. She personally recommended notifying them before the parks reopen if one wants the refund, as long as a deadline wasn’t formally set. She did not know how they would calculate the refund. Only that the refund would be based off of each day of the park closures.

Oh I’m glad you were told what I was too regarding the refunds after we’ve been extended! It’s always reassuring to hear the same thing from more than one CM.

Oh I’m glad you were told what I was too regarding the refunds after we’ve been extended! It’s always reassuring to hear the same thing from more than one CM.

I agree. It’s nice to hear consistent answers from the CMs. I was concerned I waited too long and wouldn’t be able to get the refund.

I don’t think I added it in here, but I got through after about an hour. Today was told the auto extensions won’t prevent future refund requests (fingers crossed) and they are taking requests for full refunds on a case by case basis.

(Canadian, Platinum, not extended yet, if any of that matters)

Thanks both, that is really good to know that there is no deadline as yet! I got very worried when I saw the extensions pop up in this thread today which is what prompted me to try to call (despite it being a bad day timing wise for me to call since I need to fit it in around work and the time difference - possibly the next good opportunity I have to call is going to be Saturday night).

I guess I will see if I get an email response from the emails I sent. If not I'll try calling again at the weekend.

Report on TP chat of CM agreeing to put AP ‘ on hold’ for future use. Poster from NY.

Disney is working with people on a case by case basis. They worked with us and we can use the unused months in the future when we are comfortable to return.
Unquote
I see an extension to 5/19/21 now. I did not ask for it though. I asked for a complete cancellation. I thought if they couldn’t approve a cancellation, we would just default to a refund. I might ask to have ours put “on hold” as well if that’s an option. We have an 23 month old and no way will she keep a mask on. I don’t foresee a trip for a very long time.
I would love to be able to put Platinum AP on hold but think likely being from NY had a huge part to play in disney allowing that. We're from IL so no mandatory quarantine for us.

I really hope they don't put a deadline on AP refunds until the parks open. I am getting really nervous about the daily cases increasing in FL (maybe I shouldn't be) and if it continues like this there is absolutely no way I'm flying. We trust disney to do the most they can to keep us safe but not the rest of FL businesses. Seems silly to even be considering it but with over $3000 in APs feel like we have to use v throwing away a lot of money. But for our APs, I would not even be considering a trip.

Was on hold 45 min for V I Passholders line. Very nIce CM. Understood my request for movinG the renewal date on a Fl Res Weekday Select fron 7-7-21 to 8-7-21

Contacted a supervisor and he didn’t have a problem either, but could not enter it at this time. The CM wrote down an explanation and gave me an INT# and told to call back in July or whenever they start selling tickets again and give that number and it would be taken care of. No bad for 1hr 15 min.

I just called about my platinum passes. One expired 6/13 and then I renewed.

She said the full 4 months would be extended to my 6/13/21 date. YAY just in time for the 5th on 10/01/21.

Then I said I purchased one in my account (dd's bf) with a Sams Club ticket. I asked for a refund for that since he said he cant go this fall/winter.

She said they will call me and let me know the date for that and how I want it returned. I said Gift Card Ok so she put that in the notes.

DD pass expires 7/19 and now will extend for our October trip so overall our AP investment worked out.

She also said I was lucky I have my pass now because they probably won't get all the extensions done in time for some to book a park.

Edit to Add : she was referring to my July trip is what I understood.

Last edited:
I would love to be able to put Platinum AP on hold but think likely being from NY had a huge part to play in disney allowing that. We're from IL so no mandatory quarantine for us.

I really hope they don't put a deadline on AP refunds until the parks open. I am getting really nervous about the daily cases increasing in FL (maybe I shouldn't be) and if it continues like this there is absolutely no way I'm flying. We trust disney to do the most they can to keep us safe but not the rest of FL businesses. Seems silly to even be considering it but with over $3000 in APs feel like we have to use v throwing away a lot of money. But for our APs, I would not even be considering a trip.

Im Canadian, so if NY, CT, and NJ got holds we (and other international APs) should be even more entitled to them. The CM on the phone told me right now it’s not even possible with their systems to do it. Usual grain of salt with phone CM info of course.

I will continue to push for that though, we’ll see.

I just called about my platinum passes. One expired 6/13 and then I renewed.

She said the full 4 months would be extended to my 6/13/21 date. YAY just in time for the 5th on 10/01/21.

Then I said I purchased one in my account (dd's bf) with a Sams Club ticket. I asked for a refund for that since he said he cant go this fall/winter.

She said they will call me and let me know the date for that and how I want it returned. I said Gift Card Ok so she put that in the notes.

DD pass expires 7/19 and now will extend for our October trip so overall our AP investment worked out.

She also said I was lucky I have my pass now because they probably won't get all the extensions done in time for some to book a park.
Really??? They won’t get them all extended in time for people to book a park? That’s totally awful! I’m sitting on. September reservation, and am waiting for my Platinum pass to be extended so I can hopefully book parks and go. Now there’s a chance I won’t be able to do that at all? Not cool, Disney. Not cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter