AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Question about AP refunds. Sorry if this has already been answered.

I purchased my AP though Sam’s Club, using a credit card. If I opt for the refund, how will it be paid, given that Disney does not know my original form of payment? Would they issue me a new gift card?

Though the refund is tempting, it would not do me much good if Disney “keeps” my actual money.

I hope that's true, then- I'm planning a trip late April/early May if we can. My pass would still be good for a portion of that (and I can move the trip up a few days). But this isn't what it says.
It's exactly what it says. Everyone is getting the 4 months extension now. Most have already rolled out. So saying you get another month added in October is the only interpretation. Otherwise it's nonsensical.

I don't think that's what it means. I think if you accept the extension rather than a refund, they will add one month on top of the extension that you're entitled to - so you'd get 5 months extension instead of 4.
My June 30 2020 expiration date is extended to Oct 24 2020 on MDE.
Is that the extension date without the extra 30 day add on? This is so dang confusing!

Nevermind, I see that the extra add-on won't be added until October.

Last edited:

It's exactly what it says. Everyone is getting the 4 months extension now. Most have already rolled out. So saying you get another month added in October is the only interpretation. Otherwise it's nonsensical.

Thanks! It doesn't say anything about a four month extension, so that's why I'm asking.
And my expiration date hasn't changed in MDE at all, while others say it has for them. It's not clear at all.

now you two are confusing me
If you have a resort reservation that extends weeks you can book up to 14 days during that particular resort reservation. You know like most people from the UK come for 14 days, if they had AP they could book all 14 days in advance because they have a resort reservation
If you don't have an on site resort reservation you can only hold 3 reservation days at a time

ah I see. From what the CM on the phone told me ;) she said you'll be able to book reservations for your entire stay up to 14 days per stay. Now I don't know what the rules were before with fp and stays so can't comment on that

Sorry to hype up more frenzy. I have read so much that I start to get confused. 14 days per onsite stay sounds correct and reasonable.

We have 13 park days (not including the travel days) and due to the AP extensions, both APs and 10 day PH. We will try to use the PH towards AP renewal upon arrival. Will we only be able to reserve a park for 10 days, or will we get 3 more days for our APs?

I’m on hold right now. Thought I’d ask my question here while I wait. We have 3 passes, one gold and two silver. They all expire 9/5. The app shows no extension. We are on the monthly plan. Noticed they took out a payment on April and I got a refund of a different amount in May.

Am I entitled to any kind of extension? I’ve been holding off on calling them because I was hoping call times would calm down man was that a mistake lol

We have a resort reservation for 9/5 so we’d be able to reserve come Monday (I think) but I figured without an extension showing we won’t be able to pick for our entire stay so now I have no choice but to wait on the phone for someone to clue me in on what we can/can’t do

We have 13 park days (not including the travel days) and due to the AP extensions, both APs and 10 day PH. We will try to use the PH towards AP renewal upon arrival. Will we only be able to reserve a park for 10 days, or will we get 3 more days for our APs?
merged you to the existing thread
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/
All Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, or Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid Theme Park admission are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for their entire Resort length of stay. All reservations are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates.

I’m on hold right now. Thought I’d ask my question here while I wait. We have 3 passes, one gold and two silver. They all expire 9/5. The app shows no extension. We are on the monthly plan. Noticed they took out a payment on April and I got a refund of a different amount in May.

Am I entitled to any kind of extension? I’ve been holding off on calling them because I was hoping call times would calm down man was that a mistake lol

We have a resort reservation for 9/5 so we’d be able to reserve come Monday (I think) but I figured without an extension showing we won’t be able to pick for our entire stay so now I have no choice but to wait on the phone for someone to clue me in on what we can/can’t do
yes you should get an extension. The extensions have been coming along slowly with people still not seeing it in the system. You'll get 4 months extension plus the one month extension later in the Summer

So after waiting over an hour and a half and being transferred two two different desks I was told I needed the monthly payment Passholder desk and they are closed and are only open Monday through Friday.

What desk do I need to be asking for in order to get extensions for those with monthly payments??

Last edited:
So I've had three phone calls to Disney agents tonight and gotten three different answers. We have vacations planned throughout the fall and only have resort reservations for two of them. The first agent told me that as annual passholders we could not make park reservations on 6/22 even if we had resort reservations (which we do). She also told me that annual passholders can make three reservations at a time on 6/26, log out and log back in with no limits on how many you can hold.
Reread the email which states that annual passholders with resort reservations can make park reservations for length of stay on 6/22. Called back. Second agent said that is true. She also told me that annual passholders who do not have resort reservations can only hold two park reservations at a time and you can not get another one until one is used -- similar to the fast pass system. Questioned her on this and she replied that is what she was told in a meeting this morning and I pointed out that the email I received this afternoon states three at a time.
Hung up and gave it some thought and called again. Third agent agreed that annual passholders with resort reservations can make park reservations on 6/22 for length of stay. She also said that passholders without resort reservations can make up to three days at a time on 6/26. She also said if you log out and log back in, you can make three more. She was not sure how many days you can actually have park reservations for (I questioned if the policy was similar to fastpasses where a passholder can only make seven days worth at a time.)
I know it's day one in a whole new world for Disney but this is crazy. Guess we will just have to wait until the 22nd!

I appreciate the one month extension, I live about an hour away from the parks and was really considering just taking the refund because I don't typically plan my trips ahead and just pop over in the afternoon/evening so I wouldn't really be able to take advantage of my pass too much with the early closing times.

One alternative that I wish they would offer is just a freeze on the pass. My vision for what that would look like is an option with a pre-determined minimum amount of time where you cannot use your pass until things will likely look more normal (maybe 3 months, maybe 6) and then after that time has elapsed your pass starts counting down the days you had remaining after its next use. This would only be beneficial to Disney if they think there will be capacity issues in the meantime but in that case it would keep people out of the parks for awhile without having to issue refunds or actual time extensions on the pass. It would also be "fair" to passholders in the sense that they get the same product they paid for, for the same amount of time that was expected.

So I've had three phone calls to Disney agents tonight and gotten three different answers. We have vacations planned throughout the fall and only have resort reservations for two of them. The first agent told me that as annual passholders we could not make park reservations on 6/22 even if we had resort reservations (which we do). She also told me that annual passholders can make three reservations at a time on 6/26, log out and log back in with no limits on how many you can hold.
Reread the email which states that annual passholders with resort reservations can make park reservations for length of stay on 6/22. Called back. Second agent said that is true. She also told me that annual passholders who do not have resort reservations can only hold two park reservations at a time and you can not get another one until one is used -- similar to the fast pass system. Questioned her on this and she replied that is what she was told in a meeting this morning and I pointed out that the email I received this afternoon states three at a time.
Hung up and gave it some thought and called again. Third agent agreed that annual passholders with resort reservations can make park reservations on 6/22 for length of stay. She also said that passholders without resort reservations can make up to three days at a time on 6/26. She also said if you log out and log back in, you can make three more. She was not sure how many days you can actually have park reservations for (I questioned if the policy was similar to fastpasses where a passholder can only make seven days worth at a time.)
I know it's day one in a whole new world for Disney but this is crazy. Guess we will just have to wait until the 22nd!
merged you to the existing thread
It is sad the lack of communication management has with their front of the line CM, and the front of the line CM gets all the blame.
They received info on the new system only hours before it came live and not all the info was there to begin with
I like CM 3 answer though :D

I have a DVC stay in December and only my wife currently has tickets. I guess I'm SOL for booking on Monday as a DVC agent informed me that I would require a valid ticket (and of course none are available to purchase). I was planning on getting the Gold AP but was told that it currently wasn't available for purchase.

Have no idea how to handle this situation. I guess I have to wait until they decide what to do with the fall ticket sales and hope park reservations are still available.

AP with extended expiration noted in MDE.... I have resort reservation for 9 days September, 2020. Can I

1-on 22 June make park reservation for lenght-of-stay?

2-on which day can I make up to 3 days park reservations with no resort reservation?

3-can I hold both simultaneously?

AP with extended expiration noted in MDE.... I have resort reservation for 9 days September, 2020. Can I

1-on 22 June make park reservation for lenght-of-stay?

2-on which day can I make up to 3 days park reservations with no resort reservation?

3-can I hold both simultaneously?
1. yes
2. Starting the 26th you can make up to 3 reservations with a valid AP
3. Million dollar question (no one know for sure as it's not explained on the site)

Is it too early to know how Disney is calculating the remainder-of-pass refund? We upgraded our PH tickets to APs on 3/8/20, used 5 days, then WDW closed three days after we left. Wonder if it would be the difference between 5-day PH and AP or like 98% of AP because that's how much was left (which would be a crazy deal for us)? Or something else entirely? Curious because we probably won't be back anytime soon (paid in full, out of state Platinum APs w/some health and schedule concerns).

Last edited:
Question about AP refunds. Sorry if this has already been answered.

I purchased my AP though Sam’s Club, using a credit card. If I opt for the refund, how will it be paid, given that Disney does not know my original form of payment? Would they issue me a new gift card?

Though the refund is tempting, it would not do me much good if Disney “keeps” my actual money.
I called yesterday. I requested extensions for 2 aps. The 3rd I wanted the refund and it was a Sams Club ticket. She made note of that and said someone will call me with amount and discuss options.

“Soon”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter