AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

ok so my pass expired on June 7th along with my DD and DH, nothing has updated on the account. Am I suppose to call and request for them to add the free months or will they do it? I've read through so much stuff and I have to admit the more I read the more confused I get. We have Sept. resort ressies and I'm worried if it doesn't update I won't be able to make park ressies on Mon.??

AP with extended expiration noted in MDE.... I have resort reservation for 9 days September, 2020. Can I

1-on 22 June make park reservation for lenght-of-stay?

2-on which day can I make up to 3 days park reservations with no resort reservation?

3-can I hold both simultaneously?
These are my questions too!
I was really hoping APs would get more like 7 days to hold at once (kind of like the previous fastpass situation). For an out of state Passholder that means I don’t even know if I can visit all 4 parks after flying across the country.
Thankfully I have some resort reservations for this trip in July, but 1/2 of my stay is at our off-site timeshare. I am feeling doubtful that after I make my resort stay park reservations that I will also be able to hold 3 additional reservations when they open it to APs. I hope so, but not counting on it.

My Christmas trip seems very questionable now. I was just going to stay in my timeshare for 3 weeks.

I am sure Disney is doing the best they can, but I feel like we are all on an emotional roller coaster!

Originally had a trip end of March, was cancelled due to COVID. I had an AP that would have covered it and that had an original expiration in May. I rebooked in October back then and the system wouldn't let me renew my AP. The park reopened and the extension happened (Aug 29), which falls short of October (even with the added month they are supposedly creeping). Ok no big deal I can just renew. I call DVC MS, wait on hold for an hour, and then am told I can't renew because its > 60 days, so that means I won't be able to book park days until after its reopened for everyone (would force me to cancel). DVC MS says they can't do anything suggests I cal VIPassholder and ask if they could maybe shorten my expiration date (since the original one would allow me to renew). I wait 1.5 hours, and CM not helpful at all. They say I am the third person with this problem and there is nothing they can do. I can't buy a new pass, I can't extend, they can't change expiration date. I point out I'm baffled. I have an active AP, I have a reservation, I am literally trying to give you 2400 dollars, why is this a problem? Answer is "well you know there might still be availability when the 60 day window hits". I ask if I can talk to a supervisor. He advises I will hear the same thing, and it's an hour wait so he would recommend saving my time. I let him know that if nothing else I want to escalate that the rules of the system do not make sense. If my expiration date was a month earlier I could renew, if it was a 2 months later my trip would be covered. My expectation is that this is unintentional, and that they would want to know and address these issues. Else it's a very painful way to force people to cancel (continually force you to reschedule and trap you in bizarre incompatible rules).

Oh and there is more fun coming my way even if this all works out. My reservation in Oct is in Jambo....

AP with extended expiration noted in MDE.... I have resort reservation for 9 days September, 2020. Can I

2-on which day can I make up to 3 days park reservations with no resort reservation?

As for 3: one unofficial blog replied back nope then another commented they don’t know if that’s true
But the wording on the official site says 3 days OR length of stay and not AND

Carlye Wisel on Twitter says even AP's can book for entire length of stay if you are staying on site.

I am really sorry if this has already been addressed. I have tried to stay current on this and the Rumors Covid thread as well - it’s nearly impossible today.

We are out fo state platinum AP holders, passes expire 10/12/20. Just today they got the updated expiration of Early Feb 2020. We don’t want the extension for the closure, we would like the refund so earlier this afternoon I called and requested this. Super nice CM took all of our info and said they would process it, but it will take a while. At some point after this, I read about the extra month, which, whatever, still doesn’t help me. We have (DVC) trips booked late March 2021 and are planning to book for next August. I have been planning to renew our APs this August so we have them for the March 2021 and Aug 2021 trips.

Now, this whole “book your park reservations thru sept 21” thing has been announced. But there is literally nothing I can do that would allow me to book park reservations for March 2021, right? I can’t renew my pass until August to cover those dates. Am I missing anything?

Good news about linking Swan/Dolphin reservation to MDE.

My resort reservation made mid-day, today, through Marriott’s booking engine, just easily linked to MDE tonight.

I think that’s an all-time record for me, quickly linking to MDE!

you should post this in the Swan/Dolphin thread as well, people there are concerned with linking.

I am really sorry if this has already been addressed. I have tried to stay current on this and the Rumors Covid thread as well - it’s nearly impossible today.

We are out fo state platinum AP holders, passes expire 10/12/20. Just today they got the updated expiration of Early Feb 2020. We don’t want the extension for the closure, we would like the refund so earlier this afternoon I called and requested this. Super nice CM took all of our info and said they would process it, but it will take a while. At some point after this, I read about the extra month, which, whatever, still doesn’t help me. We have (DVC) trips booked late March 2021 and are planning to book for next August. I have been planning to renew our APs this August so we have them for the March 2021 and Aug 2021 trips.

Now, this whole “book your park reservations thru sept 21” thing has been announced. But there is literally nothing I can do that would allow me to book park reservations for March 2021, right? I can’t renew my pass until August to cover those dates. Am I missing anything?

I can't think of anything you could be missing, because you have to have park admission to make a reservation.

Call...someone posted that they were able to renew early because of the extension. However, I have also read that once you choose the refund, you can’t change your mind,

I would call the AP line and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain. See what they say.

I have a DVC stay in December and only my wife currently has tickets. I guess I'm SOL for booking on Monday as a DVC agent informed me that I would require a valid ticket (and of course none are available to purchase). I was planning on getting the Gold AP but was told that it currently wasn't available for purchase.

Have no idea how to handle this situation. I guess I have to wait until they decide what to do with the fall ticket sales and hope park reservations are still available.
You may be able to try on Wednesday. The wording implies guests with hotel reservations can add tickets and park reservations on Wednesday, before the AP frenzy on Friday.

you should post this in the Swan/Dolphin thread as well, people there are concerned with linking.
That was where I meant to post. There has just been too much time jumping from thread to thread today, that I lost track of which thread was open. I edited/deleted post.

Last edited:
Call...someone posted that they were able to renew early because of the extension. However, I have also read that once you choose the refund, you can’t change your mind,

I would call the AP line and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain. See what they say.

Thanks. The extension doesn’t help me at all as the 4 month, or the 4+1 still doesn’t reach my March dates. I was hoping for the refund, and we would put that $ towards a renewal. If they would let me renew early, that would be amazing!

I’m sorry if this has been answered but I read a few pages and couldn’t find the answer. I have an AP that now expires in July. We have a trip booked in December. Will I be able to renew that pass and reserve park days on the 22nd or will I have to wait until they start selling tickets again?

I have a March trip also. Am I reading it right that you can only reserve park days for one trip? TIA! I really appreciate the help.

Originally had a trip end of March, was cancelled due to COVID. I had an AP that would have covered it and that had an original expiration in May. I rebooked in October back then and the system wouldn't let me renew my AP. The park reopened and the extension happened (Aug 29), which falls short of October (even with the added month they are supposedly creeping). Ok no big deal I can just renew. I call DVC MS, wait on hold for an hour, and then am told I can't renew because its > 60 days, so that means I won't be able to book park days until after its reopened for everyone (would force me to cancel). DVC MS says they can't do anything suggests I cal VIPassholder and ask if they could maybe shorten my expiration date (since the original one would allow me to renew). I wait 1.5 hours, and CM not helpful at all. They say I am the third person with this problem and there is nothing they can do. I can't buy a new pass, I can't extend, they can't change expiration date. I point out I'm baffled. I have an active AP, I have a reservation, I am literally trying to give you 2400 dollars, why is this a problem? Answer is "well you know there might still be availability when the 60 day window hits". I ask if I can talk to a supervisor. He advises I will hear the same thing, and it's an hour wait so he would recommend saving my time. I let him know that if nothing else I want to escalate that the rules of the system do not make sense. If my expiration date was a month earlier I could renew, if it was a 2 months later my trip would be covered. My expectation is that this is unintentional, and that they would want to know and address these issues. Else it's a very painful way to force people to cancel (continually force you to reschedule and trap you in bizarre incompatible rules).

Oh and there is more fun coming my way even if this all works out. My reservation in Oct is in Jambo....

And another 2 hours later the "supervisor" I was forwarded to by the VIPassholder line asked me if I tried calling the VIPassholder line. :) They recycled the usual lines. "The system is disabled so we can not make any changes to affect your AP", "Why can't you have an escalation path to fix errors", "Because we want to allow existing reservation holders to make use of their reservation before allowing others", "But I am an existing reservation holder, why are you preventing me from making use of my reservation"... ". These are challenging times. I recommend continuing to recheck until you can". I have to say the earlier CM was telling the truth, it's a complete waste of time. Someone has replaced the pixie dust with apathy.

Question about AP refunds. Sorry if this has already been answered.

I purchased my AP though Sam’s Club, using a credit card. If I opt for the refund, how will it be paid, given that Disney does not know my original form of payment? Would they issue me a new gift card?

Though the refund is tempting, it would not do me much good if Disney “keeps” my actual money.
I believe if you paid by gift card or don't have original form of payment it will be a Disney gift card (I think it may be electronic).

While I would prefer to get cash back (we paid with gift cards to get 5 percent Target RedCard discount), I know I am going on a another Disney trip in 2021 or 2022 anyway so it will be nice to have money saved for next trip already.

I’m sorry if this has been answered but I read a few pages and couldn’t find the answer. I have an AP that now expires in July. We have a trip booked in December. Will I be able to renew that pass and reserve park days on the 22nd or will I have to wait until they start selling tickets again?

I have a March trip also. Am I reading it right that you can only reserve park days for one trip? TIA! I really appreciate the help.

I heard some conflicting information on this (see my diatribe here: #1,135 ). DVC MS said If it wasn't for my expiration limit I would be able to, it sounds like you are well within so you should be able to if that is correct. On the other hand the "supervisor" (seems to be some generic deescalation person with no ability to fix anything) I asked for on the VIPassholder line claimed the sales system has a stop order and while they could waive the 60 day restriction they can't until they allow orders and they have no timeline for when that will happen.

Good luck!

Thanks! This is so frustrating! We did everything right to be loyal to Disney so we’re pretty upset right now. I know we are not alone in this but as DVC members we expected to be treated with some thoughtfulness.

Thanks! This is so frustrating! We did everything right to be loyal to Disney so we’re pretty upset right now. I know we are not alone in this but as DVC members we expected to be treated with some thoughtfulness.

Yeah I don't get it. They had to have foreseen this problem and could have done a lot of things to prevent it. They could have allowed renewal covering all existing reservations in between the new system notification and the unveiling of it. They could just allow current pass holders to reserve even if the dates are outside the extension and warn them if they do not renew they will lose their park reservation. They could have just deferred everyone's AP until their next reservation. They could just collect a deposit for the AP renewal as part of booking. They could have had a proper escalation point so we could call and get it fixed.....

I was telling my sister earlier right now we have two options
1) play around on Monday to book for our November stay and then Friday see if it will let us make a reservation for somewhere in the Aug-Oct range
2) Just wait till Friday to book then as it gets closer to November depending on how better/worse things get hope that we can get at least one park day out of our 4 day weekend
And as for my Jan trip I'm wondering if it's better I don't look into booking an onsite room on the 28th as the only 'perk' would be the internal transportation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter