AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Another question....for those that called to get the extension....how long did it take to actually see that extension online or via the app? We were told that they flagged our tickets for extension but just curious how long we will need to wait for that to actually show up for us.

I probably missed this but can you make reservations past when your AP's expire? I have reservations for October. My APs expire in September. Before I frustrate myself further, will I be able to reserve park days?

Regarding AP holders with both onsite and offsite/day visit plans: I got a call back from my email that I sent on Friday! I had asked if we'll be able to make park reservations for the resort stay AND the 3 random days without a resort stay.

She said that they had had a meeting about this exact thing and that I should be able to make non-resort AP reservations on Friday in addition for my resort-stay reservations that I made today (I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have a problem getting more than 3 days on my reservation)

She said they're being treated as different "buckets" and that I should have a spot in each bucket separately. Fingers crossed that she's correct. I guess I'll know on the 26th!

Regarding AP holders with both onsite and offsite/day visit plans: I got a call back from my email that I sent on Friday! I had asked if we'll be able to make park reservations for the resort stay AND the 3 random days without a resort stay.

She said that they had had a meeting about this exact thing and that I should be able to make non-resort AP reservations on Friday in addition for my resort-stay reservations that I made today (I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have a problem getting more than 3 days on my reservation)

She said they're being treated as different "buckets" and that I should have a spot in each bucket separately. Fingers crossed that she's correct. I guess I'll know on the 26th!
"Should" being the operative word.

After 2 hours on hold with MDE technical support, I was told that the override to make park reservations by phone is no longer working. I have 11/20 and 4/21 DVC reservations and an AP (expires 12/20 and a renewal certificate that expires 12/21) but could only book three of the 5 days of my 11/20 trip. I used Chrome in incognito mode and my resort stays & APs are listed properly in MDE. I was told that they are well aware of the DVC/AP issue and are currently working on it, and maybe that's why the phone override no longer works. It might be fixed by later today.

I probably missed this but can you make reservations past when your AP's expire? I have reservations for October. My APs expire in September. Before I frustrate myself further, will I be able to reserve park days?

You can try your luck at requesting to purchase an AP renewal early

See here for how I went about it.

Which email did you use? I sent them an email last Wednesday but haven't gotten a response so just want to make sure I'm emailing the right place! Thanks!

It won't let me book the last day of my combined trips this year. Has anyone booked more than 14 days with a resort reservation (split up between multiple trips)?

I really need this final day booked and am considering cancelling one other day if there's a 14 day cap.

I was only able to book our 6 park days. We have 3 trips. 1 in july for 6 days, sept labor day 3 days and mid sept 5 days. Hope they fix the glitch soon.

Another question....for those that called to get the extension....how long did it take to actually see that extension online or via the app? We were told that they flagged our tickets for extension but just curious how long we will need to wait for that to actually show up for us.

We have 4 Platinum AP's in my family. They only extended my AP. Because of this I could not reserve park days for all of us. I called earlier today to get an extension on the other 3 family members' APs which should have happened last week. The CM put me on hold and went to speak to a manager. After 10 minutes she came back and said they couldn't do anything. It should have happened automatically. The CM could only suggest to keep checking the AP's for the extension. I have been doing this since my AP was extended last week. Very frustrating.

Can’t seem to find any thread but with the new changes I have read regarding park hopping, reservations needed to entering parks, etc..., will annual pass holders be refunded any money for taking away some of the perks for having annual passes. We all have platinum plus passes and are afraid we will not get to utilize the parks like we used to (we only live about 15 min from the parks).

We have 4 Platinum AP's in my family. They only extended my AP. Because of this I could not reserve park days for all of us. I called earlier today to get an extension on the other 3 family members' APs which should have happened last week. The CM put me on hold and went to speak to a manager. After 10 minutes she came back and said they couldn't do anything. It should have happened automatically. The CM could only suggest to keep checking the AP's for the extension. I have been doing this since my AP was extended last week. Very frustrating.

OMG! What a nightmare

Our APs were originally set to expire August 12th. We have reservations at Caribbean Beach for 2 weeks starting on August 12th. We made these back when they first closed and we heard about getting an extension thinking it was just going to be a few weeks. Now that it has been so long the refund on 4 APs is significant. I now read that they are adding another month to APs due to the reservation system. Would it be possible to have our APs extended just the extra month they added and get a refund for the rest? Thanks

Also, what price point are they basing the refunds off? We bought last year from Sams Club after Disney raised the APs from around $900 to closer to $1,100 but we bought during that small window when Sams was still selling them for their old price so I think we paid $846 each or something like that.

Thinking out loud here, I'm an AP newbie here and have not redeemed my certificate yet. Will I still be eligible to make park reservations on the 26th? I'm tempted to just wait until I'm able to also make room reservations as well because I don't particularly want to "crack" my AP for just three days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter