AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I can't even get to a hold - I've been trying for over an hour, redialing, and can't get through at all: all circuits busy.
That is what I've been getting to, by the time I get through I'm worried there won't anything left for my dates, smh...I guess we only thought fastpasses were hard to get,lol

Sorry if this has already been answered, but when I was talking to a CM the other day, she said that AP's will be able to renew early, but not until July. I can't remember if she quoted a date - sorry.

You can renew early easily if you are within the 60 day window, even though new AP sales are closed ATM. If you are outside the window you can try to get an exception. I was able to eventually get one (see my earlier post in this thread).

Is there a better number to call for trying to cancel your annual pass? I’ve been calling 407-939-7277 for days now and all I ever get is a busy tone. I understand they’re busy but this seems crazy. I feel like I must be doing something wrong
Your not...mine and 2 other families with AP's that have been trying to call for 2 days and get the same thing.

You can renew early easily if you are within the 60 day window, even though new AP sales are closed ATM. If you are outside the window you can try to get an exception. I was able to eventually get one (see my earlier post in this thread).

By "early", I mean more than 60 days out.

are the days filling up. I am an AP but only me. I have separate tickets for the family and since we have owned a timeshare before we had kids we do not stay on Disney property. just curious to see that when it gets to them on Sunday if it will be a waste of time.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but when I was talking to a CM the other day, she said that AP's will be able to renew early, but not until July. I can't remember if she quoted a date - sorry.

What 800 # are you referring to? Disney did away with 80 #'s years ago.
(800) 848-6413‬

A bunch of us got through or are on hold with that #

(800) 848-6413‬

A bunch of us got through or are on hold with that #

Thanks - I'll give it a try. I'm calling from Canada, so even though it's 4 cents/minute (not a lot) it adds up and there's a process to call a US #, so it takes time to keep redialing.

Maybe Disney should add a fourth option. Freeze the AP until September 2021, or whenever the park reservation period ends.
Found this and love the"take it on the chin"
I'm from Minnesota and my AP expires in August
My nephew of only 19 passed in January, he was at Fort Jackson and died suddenly during "the Forge"
Between that, Covid 19, the protest and yes violent riots, burning, stealing etc etc etc, my family could have used a little Disney, but this is all way too difficult and life is way too short
Also my period on my computer was destroyed from the constant cleansing of my computer if u r questioning my punctuation!
I've decided that I'm thru taking it on the chin!
Getting my full refund, putting my energy and money into fixing up my house, taking a road trip to the Ocean this summer, maybe heading to universal one day and Disney will be there again some day but I will never buy an AP again!

1. Take the partial refund on the APs and use the 7 day PHs to upgrade to new gold APs during our August stay (we bought into DVC in Feb so are now eligible for gold).
2. Keep the APs with the October expiration date and use the 7 day PH towards the renewal during our August trip. In August we will be within 60 days, so we should be able to renew, correct? We can also renew to a different pass, right (platinum to gold in this case)?

The CM on the passholder line didn't know if we could put the 7 day PH ticket toward a renewal, she only knew you could put a ticket toward a new AP, but I'm pretty sure you can, right? In addition, if we let the tickets expire as they would have in June and take the refund, we can't renew in August since it's after 30 days, is that correct? I thought I remembered something about them extending the renewal window, but wasn't sure what that meant. So I need to know the value of the 7 day PH which seems to be a state secret at this time, the cost of a gold AP renewal, and the cost of a new gold AP and do the math to see which is better, correct?

Since you have tickets and can book and hold park reservations today, I would just wait until they reopen sales again. That should happen or or before the 28th, since their announcement mentions new reservations will be open again at that date. Actually I would do it a few days later when call volumes go down and you don't have to wait. If it were me, I would then just put everything to new Gold APs with the same dates. It will be easier to manage that way, and IIUC the refund amounts on the platinum APs you have should more than cancel out the discount cost you would get for a renewal.

Is there a better number to call for trying to cancel your annual pass? I’ve been calling 407-939-7277 for days now and all I ever get is a busy tone. I understand they’re busy but this seems crazy. I feel like I must be doing something wrong

IMO its not worth being on hold for hours (especially that ear splitting feedback loop tone thing that happens in their call music). I would wait until things calm down for a cancellation. You can do it at any time, plus you can always say you were never able to get through.

Two hours and counting of redialing every number there is, including the 800 number that never rings... nothing. I've also now re-emailed and angry-tweeted: neither has gotten me to a human, but did make me feel better for a few minutes lol! Chat function is a fail, too.

I'm sure it's been discussed on the board somewhere, but I can't seem to find it thus far.
My wife, son and I have annual passes(and dvc members). Before the pandemic closing we had a resort reservation for a weekend in early October. We invited my father along, who hasn't been to disney in decades. He doesn't have a pass and we hadn't bought a ticket before the park closure.
So right now I can reserve park days for our trip, if I exclude my dad from the party. Obviously I want him to have a ticket(or annual pass) but can't buy them now, and therefore can't include him on park reservations despite being on the resort reservation.
Has anybody dealt with this yet, or read info on how that is to be handled?

I have a platinum AP paid in full, expiration was 10/9/20. I called about a month ago and requested the refund. I have not received the refund and I just noticed in MDE my AP now shows an expiration of 2/3/21. Obviously I can't get through on the phone lines.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation? I'll wait till things die down and then call, I'm just hoping they can still give me the refund since I won't be able to use the extension.

I'm sure it's been discussed on the board somewhere, but I can't seem to find it thus far.
My wife, son and I have annual passes(and dvc members). Before the pandemic closing we had a resort reservation for a weekend in early October. We invited my father along, who hasn't been to disney in decades. He doesn't have a pass and we hadn't bought a ticket before the park closure.
So right now I can reserve park days for our trip, if I exclude my dad from the party. Obviously I want him to have a ticket(or annual pass) but can't buy them now, and therefore can't include him on park reservations despite being on the resort reservation.
Has anybody dealt with this yet, or read info on how that is to be handled?
If they release tickets for sale and there are park reservations available for your dates he will be able to go into parks with you. If they do not release tickets for sale and/or don’t have park reservations available he won’t be able to enter with you.

That is all we know for now. No exceptions have been announced for people with hotel reservations & no tickets at this time 😔

Since you have tickets and can book and hold park reservations today, I would just wait until they reopen sales again. That should happen or or before the 28th, since their announcement mentions new reservations will be open again at that date. Actually I would do it a few days later when call volumes go down and you don't have to wait. If it were me, I would then just put everything to new Gold APs with the same dates. It will be easier to manage that way, and IIUC the refund amounts on the platinum APs you have should more than cancel out the discount cost you would get for a renewal.
Thanks for replying, I figured all of my questions just got lost in the issue of booking park days. I don't understand what you are recommending, though? That I take the refund instead of the extension on the 3 APs and then use the 7 day PHs to upgrade to gold APs/buy new gold APs for everyone?

That does make sense, the big unknowns are if they will let the 3 of us who need new passes (2 never had them, 1 expired last fall) to get new APs if they aren't actively selling tickets yet in August.

I also just read about a different issue that I had never heard before. Someone said they were told they aren't going to allow upgrades from tickets to APs anymore! If that turns out to be true we are just up a creek and out a lot of money with no passes if we keep the August reservation and 7 day PHs I'm not paying for those, and then still having to get gold APs on our next trip anyway.

This is getting too complicated and stressful, and this shouldn't be stressful. Plus, when i have talked to someone, no one had answers and/or I got different ones. Sunday I talked to the passholder line and the regular reservations line, and neither CM really knew anything about these issues. I felt like I knew more than them just from my years of planning disney trips. Yesterday I finally talked to IT, I didn't discuss any of this with her but she couldn't help with the park pass issue.

By the way, you mentioned not to worry because we have tickets and can get park passes. well, that's a big NOPE. I SHOULD be able to, but can only get one day no matter what I do. I talked to IT yesterday and they said it's a known issue, today I still can't and chat is not picking up, I'm on hold, and I don't think either of those will matter anyway because they won't be able to do anything about it.

I have a platinum AP paid in full, expiration was 10/9/20. I called about a month ago and requested the refund. I have not received the refund and I just noticed in MDE my AP now shows an expiration of 2/3/21. Obviously I can't get through on the phone lines.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation? I'll wait till things die down and then call, I'm just hoping they can still give me the refund since I won't be able to use the extension.
A lot of us are in the same boat. Asked for refunds/cancellations, nothing done yet, APs extended. I think extensions are just being processed across the board and nothing else will be done until "early July" per the website.

A lot of us are in the same boat. Asked for refunds/cancellations, nothing done yet, APs extended. I think extensions are just being processed across the board and nothing else will be done until "early July" per the website.
Ah ok it’s not just me, well I won’t worry too much about it then. Thank you for the reply!

Two hours and counting of redialing every number there is, including the 800 number that never rings... nothing. I've also now re-emailed and angry-tweeted: neither has gotten me to a human, but did make me feel better for a few minutes lol! Chat function is a fail, too.

If you still have a landline, some of them support *66, which will callback when a busy line is free. Theres also a few auto redialers for android. On iPhones you can repeatedly hit the green dial button with no number on the keypad screen (the timing is ~ 3 button presses when you hear the busy)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter