AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

My husband and I have Platinum Plus AP's. We activated them last Dec, and planned to use them on a large family trip this May, and then my husband and I were going again in Dec. 3 trips. Our family trip is being moved to next June. We don't know if we should cancel our Dec trip. We probably won't decide until we know if there will be fireworks, story tellers, food kiosks, CP, and other holiday happenings that we were looking forward to. We had paid for these AP's in full at the time of purchase.

We've been patient, and were hoping that WDW would extend the same kind of treatment to us that they've shown to date based multi day ticket holders. Those have been extended for use out to Sept 26, 2021. What did AP's get? An extension of approx 4 months for the days the parks were closed. This is only right. And now another whole month! And that won't be done until October. It seems like they gave AP renewals an extra month during a period last year and/or the year before. I could be wrong on when it was, but I remember reading that AP renewals would be for 13 months instead of the 12. The thing is this, that extra month was full of all of the benefits entitled that AP. Not a stripped down version.

So for us, our Platinum Plus AP was to give us park hopping at all 4 parks, plus water parks, and some other features. We would also get the Photo Pass. We could go to any park we wanted, on any day we wanted. Maybe even try for 4, which we have yet to do. But now? Even with the measly 1 month extension, we won't have tickets for our rescheduled family trip. There isn't any date yet on when the water parks will open, so maybe we won't have that benefit. No park hopping. Limited number of days to get in to the parks and need to use the reservation system until at least Sept 26, 2021. It's so nice that Disney extended date based tickets thru then to give those people a chance to come up with dates that will work for their family trip.

So maybe we should get a refund. What date do we need to make that decision by? But wait, we don't even know exactly how much the refund will be. Then we take the money and buy 1 park per day tickets. Extra money if we want a water park. Extra money if we want the Photo Pass. We need to buy the tickets before we can book our park reservations.

What we would really love is to have our AP's extended out for a longer period of time. We don't feel comfortable going to the parks right now. Among other things, I am claustrophobic and have a difficult time wearing masks. I can only do it for a short period of time and then I have to remove the mask because I can't breathe. We're not local, a 24 hr drive away, or a couple of airplane flights that we would really dread during these times. So we would like the benefits of the tickets we already have, but for use at a later date.

I would imagine that there are a lot of AP holders out there that also feel that Disney has not treated them as fairly as they have treated the multi day date based ticket holders. If so, have you contacted Disney or do you plan to? If you have already, who did you email or call? Did you receive a response? I would think that if enough AP holders contacted Disney and let Disney know their feelings, that maybe, just maybe, Disney would do the right thing.

I've read that Shanghai Disney is stopping the clock on the AP's until the park reservation requirement is over. Why not here? That would be wonderful if we could have that time next year to go to WDW the way we planned to this year. Maybe WDW could offer another option for the AP's. How about stopping the clock, and then letting the AP holder pick when to start it again? For instance, we would like to restart it next June and have it go thru December, 2021. That would give us the same 2 trips that we had planned to take this year. It would seem like a reasonable request. Before the Covid 19 shut down, people were purchasing tickets by picking the dates that they were wanting to be at WDW. That's what I would like to do with our AP's. They were active for approx 3 months, so please let us pick the 9 month period that the AP's would be active for in the future.

I plan to contact Disney with our concerns. What would be the best email address to handle this?

Thank you for taking the time to read thru this. Our family, like so many others out there, has become very disenchanted with how Disney has handled this. Thanks again.

I was able to book 15 days of park reservations for three different resort stays that total 15 nights.
I was able to book 21 days total across two different DVC stays - Dec 2020 and May 2021. No real issues doing it. And this was with DVC Gold AP vouchers.

Steve

Thank you both! I'm having issues booking more than 5 days (I have 20 resort days over 3 trips coming up) and had an Disney IT person try to tell me 14 is the limit for everyone. I swore I read others had booked more than that.

My husband and I have Platinum Plus AP's. We activated them last Dec, and planned to use them on a large family trip this May, and then my husband and I were going again in Dec. 3 trips. Our family trip is being moved to next June. We don't know if we should cancel our Dec trip. We probably won't decide until we know if there will be fireworks, story tellers, food kiosks, CP, and other holiday happenings that we were looking forward to. We had paid for these AP's in full at the time of purchase.

We've been patient, and were hoping that WDW would extend the same kind of treatment to us that they've shown to date based multi day ticket holders. Those have been extended for use out to Sept 26, 2021. What did AP's get? An extension of approx 4 months for the days the parks were closed. This is only right. And now another whole month! And that won't be done until October. It seems like they gave AP renewals an extra month during a period last year and/or the year before. I could be wrong on when it was, but I remember reading that AP renewals would be for 13 months instead of the 12. The thing is this, that extra month was full of all of the benefits entitled that AP. Not a stripped down version.

So for us, our Platinum Plus AP was to give us park hopping at all 4 parks, plus water parks, and some other features. We would also get the Photo Pass. We could go to any park we wanted, on any day we wanted. Maybe even try for 4, which we have yet to do. But now? Even with the measly 1 month extension, we won't have tickets for our rescheduled family trip. There isn't any date yet on when the water parks will open, so maybe we won't have that benefit. No park hopping. Limited number of days to get in to the parks and need to use the reservation system until at least Sept 26, 2021. It's so nice that Disney extended date based tickets thru then to give those people a chance to come up with dates that will work for their family trip.

So maybe we should get a refund. What date do we need to make that decision by? But wait, we don't even know exactly how much the refund will be. Then we take the money and buy 1 park per day tickets. Extra money if we want a water park. Extra money if we want the Photo Pass. We need to buy the tickets before we can book our park reservations.

What we would really love is to have our AP's extended out for a longer period of time. We don't feel comfortable going to the parks right now. Among other things, I am claustrophobic and have a difficult time wearing masks. I can only do it for a short period of time and then I have to remove the mask because I can't breathe. We're not local, a 24 hr drive away, or a couple of airplane flights that we would really dread during these times. So we would like the benefits of the tickets we already have, but for use at a later date.

I would imagine that there are a lot of AP holders out there that also feel that Disney has not treated them as fairly as they have treated the multi day date based ticket holders. If so, have you contacted Disney or do you plan to? If you have already, who did you email or call? Did you receive a response? I would think that if enough AP holders contacted Disney and let Disney know their feelings, that maybe, just maybe, Disney would do the right thing.

I've read that Shanghai Disney is stopping the clock on the AP's until the park reservation requirement is over. Why not here? That would be wonderful if we could have that time next year to go to WDW the way we planned to this year. Maybe WDW could offer another option for the AP's. How about stopping the clock, and then letting the AP holder pick when to start it again? For instance, we would like to restart it next June and have it go thru December, 2021. That would give us the same 2 trips that we had planned to take this year. It would seem like a reasonable request. Before the Covid 19 shut down, people were purchasing tickets by picking the dates that they were wanting to be at WDW. That's what I would like to do with our AP's. They were active for approx 3 months, so please let us pick the 9 month period that the AP's would be active for in the future.

I plan to contact Disney with our concerns. What would be the best email address to handle this?

Thank you for taking the time to read thru this. Our family, like so many others out there, has become very disenchanted with how Disney has handled this. Thanks again.

I plan on talking to guest services in August when I get down there. I have an un-activated voucher so my situation is a little different, BUT, I do feel they need to address the fact that the water parks are not open. This is a huge feature for the Platinum plus and I don't really feel the month extension is adequate to replace the loss of this feature.

Thanks for the suggestion but I can click dates on the calendar 100 times and nothing. It looks like that worked at about 9:00-10:00 last night for a lot of people but not anymore unfortunately. Of course that was the only time yesterday I was not on my computer and I missed the window :-(

Its worth trying again today. I found that I had missed one day of our first stay after last nights' furious click fest, so I did that one this afternoon after my wife checked up on all my reservations.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING YOUR EXPERIENCE!!! Because of it, we were able to make all of our park reservations for December! What a long 2 days this has been!

After the call, I went ahead and made park reservations for March (6 days worth) with no issues!!!

Awesome. so glad this worked out for you guys, and that your outcome was similar to mine and it wasn't just a fluke!

They were active for approx 3 months, so please let us pick the 9 month period that the AP's would be active for in the future.

You can try:
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I agree with you that it would have been nice to just pick up the remaining time on the next trip. I had a similar situation where my original Mar trip would have been covered on my existing AP, and due to this I had to buy a renewal. Although in my case I was just happy to get a park reservation made. Good luck!

I plan on talking to guest services in August when I get down there. I have an un-activated voucher so my situation is a little different, BUT, I do feel they need to address the fact that the water parks are not open. This is a huge feature for the Platinum plus and I don't really feel the month extension is adequate to replace the loss of this feature.

"We'd like to offer you unlimited fast passes" !!YES!!! .... oh wait...

I made my final monthly payment on platinum pass Mar 3 and expired on Mar 30. Pass no longer shows on app or site. After 40 attempts calling today finally got through and was on hold 3 hours 45 minutes. CM was super nice but said the monthly payment team would need to add the extension. They closed at 8p so I have to call back tomorrow.

If your pass was on monthly payment plan, skip the hold time on VI Passholder line and call 888-701-4100 option 3.

Good Luck.

I made my final monthly payment on platinum pass Mar 3 and expired on Mar 30. Pass no longer shows on app or site. After 40 attempts calling today finally got through and was on hold 3 hours 45 minutes. CM was super nice but said the monthly payment team would need to add the extension. They closed at 8p so I have to call back tomorrow.

If your pass was on monthly payment plan, skip the hold time on VI Passholder line and call 888-701-4100 option 3.

Good Luck.

Exact same boat (but gold and expired late April, still made final payment) Made that call last week to have it extended, and still waiting for it to show up on my MDE

Didn't call that number though, called the passholder line. I'll try that one tomorrow

Weird question. I have already booked my park reservations for 2 resort stays: July & November 2020. I didn't have any issues getting a park for everyday. We have unactivated Platinum AP vouchers. I will be booking my resort stay tomorrow for July 2021. How will the park reservation system handle our APs? They haven't been activated, so they don't expire until 2030. Ignoring the general issues people are having with APs, I wonder if it won't let me book out that far. I guess I could buy tickets too, Ugh! They might make me do it anyway, because everything says packages for 2021. Thanks

Weird question. I have already booked my park reservations for 2 resort stays: July & November 2020. I didn't have any issues getting a park for everyday. We have unactivated Platinum AP vouchers. I will be booking my resort stay tomorrow for July 2021. How will the park reservation system handle our APs? They haven't been activated, so they don't expire until 2030. Ignoring the general issues people are having with APs, I wonder if it won't let me book out that far. I guess I could buy tickets too, Ugh! They might make me do it anyway, because everything says packages for 2021. Thanks

interesting scenario. If the test is simple all dates before 2030 would pass . If they were thorough (I’m skeptical they would be), then they could potentially do 366 days from your first park admission day. Is it the same week in June or earlier? If your 2021 is a week earlier then it should pass the test. If it’s the same week it might fail.

Although even with that chick passing they might have other limits, like the number of scheduled days, but I thought I saw comments on here with people reporting success with a large number of total park reservation days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter