AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Finally got through, and sure enough can't do anything,. Said just got to keep waiting

I said, doesn't right I could be screwed for Fri, response was just the, we're working hard on it.

whatever
I am so sorry Disney has not resolved your issue.

From the language on the website, it says that the additional month will be added in October. I'm not sure how that'll work for those who have passes that expire before October...

Hmmm. . .maybe that means that park hopping will be back in business around October hence the payment in October for the months prior? That would be sweet!

many many pages back (last week) several had reported that CM were taking the requests to 'freeze the AP' seriously. I figured it was due to the fact that they were coming from the mandatory quarantine areas? Anything more on this since last. With NY, NJ, Ct imposing quarantines now? We are Platinum AP in IL and our governor is supposedly going to follow suit which 100% would throw our August trip out the window.....

Has anyone actually successful gotten a refund on their AP or do we have to wait for the "more info in July" email?

We are planning on just cancelling our APs and using the fund to buy new ones to activate along with our son's (who just turned 3) so they have the same renewal dates.

Does anyone know how much the refund will be, yet? We are out of state premium passholders, activated December 20,2019. We also had a March trip so if we get a refund for the 9-ish months back we will come out pretty ahead considering we used 13 park days.

many many pages back (last week) several had reported that CM were taking the requests to 'freeze the AP' seriously. I figured it was due to the fact that they were coming from the mandatory quarantine areas? Anything more on this since last. With NY, NJ, Ct imposing quarantines now? We are Platinum AP in IL and our governor is supposedly going to follow suit which 100% would throw our August trip out the window.....
I'm in southern IL (basically STL area) can you link me to this? I have been focusing on Disney too much and forgot about actual News developments...

One of my AP frustrations is that we upgraded our park hoppers at Christmas 2019. Planned to return Spring Break and May, before 2 year old turned 3 and needed a ticket. Now, he is 3 in the system and I cannot buy him tickets for any of our re-booked dates, so that means he does not have a park reservation, even though he is on the resort reservation. I am trying to be more laid back about it all, but I won't lie, it does stress me out a bit. This was our first time doing an annual pass (we are out of state, so we cannot just pop to a park) and it has been a crazy cluster.

Plus, before all of this, I had rented DVC points for a September trip with a friend. The DVC people put me in the system separate from my Annual Pass profile (so there are 2 of me), and does not recognize my annual pass associated with me- meaning I cannot make park reservations tied to that resort reservation. Before Covid, I didn't care about the extra profile because it really did not matter for my trip. Silly me. And my friend, was waiting to buy tickets and now cannot buy any for our September trip (for now at least). We cannot cancel the trip, since we had rented points. Le sigh. We are looking at doing other things for our trip, but still staying on property.

Thanks for the vent. Y'all speak my language. It is too much to explain to non-Disney COVID versed folks. ;)

One of my AP frustrations is that we upgraded our park hoppers at Christmas 2019. Planned to return Spring Break and May, before 2 year old turned 3 and needed a ticket. Now, he is 3 in the system and I cannot buy him tickets for any of our re-booked dates, so that means he does not have a park reservation, even though he is on the resort reservation. I am trying to be more laid back about it all, but I won't lie, it does stress me out a bit. This was our first time doing an annual pass (we are out of state, so we cannot just pop to a park) and it has been a crazy cluster.

Plus, before all of this, I had rented DVC points for a September trip with a friend. The DVC people put me in the system separate from my Annual Pass profile (so there are 2 of me), and does not recognize my annual pass associated with me- meaning I cannot make park reservations tied to that resort reservation. Before Covid, I didn't care about the extra profile because it really did not matter for my trip. Silly me. And my friend, was waiting to buy tickets and now cannot buy any for our September trip (for now at least). We cannot cancel the trip, since we had rented points. Le sigh. We are looking at doing other things for our trip, but still staying on property.

Thanks for the vent. Y'all speak my language. It is too much to explain to non-Disney COVID versed folks. ;)
Hold times notwithstanding, the IT group should be able to merge your two profiles. Hopefully you can get that resolved as that would be annoying to need two sets of credentials (like one magic band for park entry and one for your room key)

That is what I have understood. It sounded like the +1 month that is supposed to make up for lack of Hopper is going to be added at a different time, and that there will be an email communication on this.

IMHO, +1 month doesn't come close to making up for the lack of Hopper. Our Platinum AP renewal (paid in full in February) now begins on July 17th. I think I'm going to ask for a full refund.

Last edited:
Has anyone actually successful gotten a refund on their AP or do we have to wait for the "more info in July" email?

We are planning on just cancelling our APs and using the fund to buy new ones to activate along with our son's (who just turned 3) so they have the same renewal dates.

Does anyone know how much the refund will be, yet? We are out of state premium passholders, activated December 20,2019. We also had a March trip so if we get a refund for the 9-ish months back we will come out pretty ahead considering we used 13 park days.
This would be interesting for us as well, as we are exactly in the same boat ! Same dates - no chances of going to WDW anytime soon also, because of the travel restrictions, so we are also considering a refund, if the amount will work for us. I don`t know either how they will calculate the amount, so any insight on that would be really appreciated.

We called a week and a half ago to cancel mom's AP and get a partial refund. Started in Dec also and of course she is in the high risk group. They took her information and said they would call back in 72 hrs with how they were going to handle it. They did not say how much she would receive. Still have not received a call. Will update IF I ever hear back from Disney.

We renewed early this year, paid in full, expiring 2/14/2021. We have a December 2020 and an April 2021 trip planned. The December trip is paid in full. With the 117 days added, new expiration is 6/2021 so if the December trip happens, v.s. cancelling and moving monies to the April trip, we'll feel like we got our $$$'s worth for the AP, with completing two trips. If the December trip doesn't happen, we won't be happy:(.

So after trying all day to get a hold of someone in the Ticketing department to see if there is any way we can renew our passes early since technically our 60 day window (from our current 9/5 expiration) is 7/7 so less than 2 weeks away. I finally got someone and the wait was practically zero when it finally rang through. She was super helpful and was able to get us the 3 passes. Granted we are going from a monthly payment to full payment but I'm ok with that because I'm now realizing what a hassle the monthly payment plan ended up being for us in the end. I was able to take the confirmation number and link the 3 passes and then had to assign two of the passes out to my husband and son. I was then able to make reservations for beyond 9/5 for the rest of our September trip, November trip, and January trip. Only took $1600+ to get around that limitation.

So after trying all day to get a hold of someone in the Ticketing department to see if there is any way we can renew our passes early since technically our 60 day window (from our current 9/5 expiration) is 7/7 so less than 2 weeks away. I finally got someone and the wait was practically zero when it finally rang through. She was super helpful and was able to get us the 3 passes. Granted we are going from a monthly payment to full payment but I'm ok with that because I'm now realizing what a hassle the monthly payment plan ended up being for us in the end. I was able to take the confirmation number and link the 3 passes and then had to assign two of the passes out to my husband and son. I was then able to make reservations for beyond 9/5 for the rest of our September trip, November trip, and January trip. Only took $1600+ to get around that limitation.

Glad it worked out!

You would think that Disney would not want to be dishing out all of that money to refund AP's. The people who are requesting refunds are the ones who don't want to come back to the parks right now, and either can't or don't want to travel to Disney again during the extension time. That extension time does not work for us at all.

The solution would be to let the AP holders decide the dates they want to travel, the dates that work for them. The AP's should have a freeze, or a pause, put on their time line. For instance, ours were activated Dec 12, 2019, and the parks closed mid-March, so that gives us about 9 months of time left on our AP's. We would like to pick out the 9 month period in 2021 that we would travel again to WDW. Problem solved! No refund money given out by Disney, and we're happy to be using our AP's again during our planned times, and not their time frame.

I have two trips planned in October and November, my original AP expiration date was 1/11/21 and then it was updated to 5/8/21, and I’m assuming it will then update in October to 6/8/21. I’m probably going to keep it... but in the event that I decide to cancel it, can I cancel for only the extended period, i.e. get the refund instead of the extra time they tacked on? I don’t want to cancel it entirely because of my fall trips.

You would think that Disney would not want to be dishing out all of that money to refund AP's. The people who are requesting refunds are the ones who don't want to come back to the parks right now, and either can't or don't want to travel to Disney again during the extension time. That extension time does not work for us at all.

The solution would be to let the AP holders decide the dates they want to travel, the dates that work for them. The AP's should have a freeze, or a pause, put on their time line. For instance, ours were activated Dec 12, 2019, and the parks closed mid-March, so that gives us about 9 months of time left on our AP's. We would like to pick out the 9 month period in 2021 that we would travel again to WDW. Problem solved! No refund money given out by Disney, and we're happy to be using our AP's again during our planned times, and not their time frame.
This. I don't see why this isn't an option as Disney can hold onto our money and we can rest easy know we have a paid-for AP at this rate. We will likely use our refund to turn around and buy vouchers for when things calm down but I don't understand why this isn't an option yet. The only thing I can wonder is if its a logistics/IT and coordination nightmare. However, Disney probably really needs the funds right now and I don't exactly see travel to WDW booming (outside of these boards) anytime in the future.

This type of solution would also be great for DVC points. One of my concerns is that I have nearly a years worth of points I had to bank as a side effect of my original trip being cancelled due to COVID. So if this next trip I have doesn't work out (COVID closings, jambo doesn't reopen etc), then I start to have a limited time window to make something work that is compatible with home and work schedules + does not occur in the summer (my family is not fans of extreme heat).

I'm in southern IL (basically STL area) can you link me to this? I have been focusing on Disney too much and forgot about actual News developments...

Coworker and I were discussing my FL trip. He said he saw it on our local WGN chicago news. However, Pritzker does tend to follow the lead of NY.... If FL numbers continue to grow Pritizer and chicago mayor will definitely address it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter