AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

We paid in full for our FL AP's this past March.

I called last week and the AP phone CM informed me there would be 4 options (including a "full refund"). I informed the CM that I called a couple of months earlier and requested the "partial refund" as that was one of only 2 options at that time. The phone CM absolutely informed me that there would be an e-mail sent to me in early July outlining these 4 options and the path forward for a/the selection. The CM told me that I do not need to make a selection at this time (maybe based on my scenario).

I am waiting with bated breath and will be calling next Monday if I don't get the e-mail by then.

Me too, but I'm being told otherwise on the other threads.

straight from their website

On April 5, 2020, we automatically stopped and will waive monthly payments due while the theme parks are closed. We will also retroactively refund payments made between March 14 through April 4, 2020. Payments will resume on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment dates once the parks reopen. Please note, pass expiration dates will not be extended and passes will expire upon their originally scheduled expiration dates.

As an alternative, Guests who are paying for Walt Disney World Annual Passes using our monthly payment program may choose to have their monthly payments postponed starting with payments due April 5, 2020 through the park closure period, and then resumed on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment date once the parks reopen. Postponed payments will be collected in the months following the end of the Passholder’s currently scheduled payment term. The pass will be extended the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the parks. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.
If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277.

I'm a passholder with no hotel reservations at this time. I understand that I cannot make hotel reservations, even though I have the 4 month extension which gives me valid park tickets through November. I'm confused. What good does the extension do if I can't get a hotel. I'm sure this has been answered lots of times, but I hope someone can explain how this works or direct me to Disney's explanation.

Has anyone had payments restarted on their monthly plan? I literally got a notification from Chase that my Disney Visa card was charged $158.13 for WDW AP Monthly Payments today.... that's roughly 3 months worth of payments for my pass, and the date for my payments to be processed is supposed to be on the 25th of each month.

I'm a passholder with no hotel reservations at this time. I understand that I cannot make hotel reservations, even though I have the 4 month extension which gives me valid park tickets through November. I'm confused. What good does the extension do if I can't get a hotel. I'm sure this has been answered lots of times, but I hope someone can explain how this works or direct me to Disney's explanation.
Same here, though I made a reservation for 2021 (who knows what it'll be like by then). I think a lot of people, including myself, are feeling like Disney really doesn't care or want local AP there. Not sure if you're local or not, but I've been unimpressed with their lack of clear communication and options for AP.

It's being reported that it was a glitch on the Passholder facebook page and that Disney will be refunding but take that FWIW
I saw that too. What a major screw up.

Has anyone had payments restarted on their monthly plan? I literally got a notification from Chase that my Disney Visa card was charged $158.13 for WDW AP Monthly Payments today.... that's roughly 3 months worth of payments for my pass, and the date for my payments to be processed is supposed to be on the 25th of each month.
It's being reported that it was a glitch on the Passholder facebook page and that Disney will be refunding but take that FWIW

so 30 minutes into being on hold with the pass holder support line an automated message finally sounded that said they are aware of the error and are working to fix it and their agents have no further information at this time.

Reactions: cm8
We aren't local, we live in Washington State. I'm not surprised there is so much confusion with everything, let alone the reservation system they have going. This is an unprecedented time and I try to be patient.
I just don't get how extending our passes helps anything if we can't make hotel reservations during our extension.
I think this might change after they see how things are going during the first weeks of opening. Who knows, they may have to shut down again, heaven forbid. But the way things are going, who knows.
I would just get a refund on my pass and wait until things get back to the "new normal", but if they open hotels this year to passholders like me with no current hotel reservation, I will definitely make a reservation.

How about APs get unlimited park visits until they get the refund properly processed? The way they have dealt with AP holders through this whole thing is despicable. I understand that the parks cannot currently deliver what we originally agreed to in terms of overall experience, but it really is pathetic how much worse we are treated than regular ticket holders. Why not limit everyone to 3 park days? Oh, they plan longer trips, well we SO DO WE!! 3 park days for the entire summer. :headache:

How about APs get unlimited park visits until they get the refund properly processed? The way they have dealt with AP holders through this whole thing is despicable. I understand that the parks cannot currently deliver what we originally agreed to in terms of overall experience, but it really is pathetic how much worse we are treated than regular ticket holders. Why not limit everyone to 3 park days? Oh, they plan longer trips, well we SO DO WE!! 3 park days for the entire summer. :headache:

its crazy, One of my best friends was suppose to come down in 2 weeks and we were gonna do disney, will his work trip got canceled. And he just asked me about September. Except I can't book any be because I have 3 days in July booked, and if I use 2 of my days in Sept, I can't really go in August :mad:

By the time I can book days, a lot of days are already sold out

I'd rather they just put my pass on hold until I personally make my visit to the parks. I live 3 hours away, once my furlough ends I'll only be able to get off weekends to go to the parks but I won't know what day that is until the week before when the schedule comes out, and by then I run the risk of the park reservation being gone. So chances are it won't be till 2021 that I actually get to visit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter