• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I am going to happen to be in Orlando over the weekend. Do you think if I went to Guest Services at DS they would be able to help with a refund?

Ok now they are offering a 30% merch discount but only for a month - thats just mean!!! I don't go til September. Already peeved I can only book 3 days and I'm coming from out of the country.

they got to move all that 2020 stuff out. I imagine cruise 2020 stuff is sitting around too. The outlets will be full. Maybe they’ll do a tent sale for AP holders like universal studios does every year.

I am going to happen to be in Orlando over the weekend. Do you think if I went to Guest Services at DS they would be able to help with a refund?
My gut says that it isn't likely that they'll be able to help. But if you're planning on going to DS anyway, it might be worth a shot to swing in if it isn't insanely busy.

My gut says that it isn't likely that they'll be able to help. But if you're planning on going to DS anyway, it might be worth a shot to swing in if it isn't insanely busy.
Yeah they really can't do anything because if anyone hears about it they will be swamped with requests/complaints.

Well I finally got through to Disney again about refunds on our passes,we had to cancel 2 weeks in April and asked about refund.Was told if we request a refund you get paid up to your original expiration date and not the 4 month extension.So even though they were closed we will get no credit for that time.we are vacation club members since 1998 and annual pass holders forever but I feel disney is letting us down.

Just received an email regarding our AP cancellation I requested:
"Thank you for your patience as we processed your request to receive a partial refund in lieu of an extension of your pass expiration date.
Your refund has been processed by Disney but it can take approximately 7 to 10 business days to receive. This timeframe may vary from one financial institution to another. Please note that we will issue refunds to the original form of payment where possible. If you paid via cash, gift card or if your original form of payment is no longer valid, we will send a check to you in the mail and that may take approximately 6 to 8 weeks to receive. "

I thought they are talking about partial refund for the closure period only, so I just called them and was only on hold for about 15 min! The CM told me that the refund is for the remainder of our APs, so basically about 8 months (March 16 until Nov 12)! I asked her if a AP freeze is available, and she said not at this time.

Edit: Just to add, I don't trust the above information until I see the actual $ in my account!
Well, I posted this a few days ago after talking to a CM. I guess she didn't know what she was talking about after all! Just checked our credit card and we were reimbursed for only the closure period (117 days)!! Ugh!! I asked her 3 times to confirm that the amount is for total cancellation (since I requested this) and she said yes every time. So tired of CMs telling you whatever they think is the right answer!! I am too upset to call and wait on the line to get another CM who wants to give you their version of what Disney is planning to do!

I’ve been on hold over 45 minutes multiple times. Their ‘message” is to await a new email. Well I got one originally and heard nothing. Now on MDE we re extended?! So I saw an email posted on another thread. I emailed. My automated response was... thanks, we re closed now.
Frustrated, and honestly Disgusted with their handling. They know who has APs. They should have this sorted out by now.. some got their refunds.. others like me, nothing.
Ugh!!DISNEY needs to do Much Better!

I’ve been on hold over 45 minutes multiple times. Their ‘message” is to await a new email. Well I got one originally and heard nothing. Now on MDE we re extended?! So I saw an email posted on another thread. I emailed. My automated response was... thanks, we re closed now.
Frustrated, and honestly Disgusted with their handling. They know who has APs. They should have this sorted out by now.. some got their refunds.. others like me, nothing.
Ugh!!DISNEY needs to do Much Better!
This was the second time I actually got through.the first time I was told to await an email with all the info.This time after over 40 min hold this was not what I expected.I guess they lost the magic during this time..

Well, I posted this a few days ago after talking to a CM. I guess she didn't know what she was talking about after all! Just checked our credit card and we were reimbursed for only the closure period (117 days)!! Ugh!! I asked her 3 times to confirm that the amount is for total cancellation (since I requested this) and she said yes every time. So tired of CMs telling you whatever they think is the right answer!! I am too upset to call and wait on the line to get another CM who wants to give you their version of what Disney is planning to do!

The CMs are completely clueless about the cancellation policy. I called for a partial refund and the CM processed it and said I would get a call when they were ready to complete it. I had sent an email a while ago asking about refunds, which I got a response to after I had called to request a refund. After some back and forth with that CM, she said that the original CM was wrong and that I won't get another call, that I'll just get an email once the team who is processing refunds completes it. She couldn't tell me what the refund amount would be or when it would be done either. Disney has handled the AP aspect very poorly, although I know there are a lot of things on fire right now.

Our Platinum passes ($1100 each) were used for only 7 days in November 2019. They cancelled our 2 trips and I cancelled one. They reimbursed us $383 each. We are out of state visitors and can't visit Disney anytime soon! So, I can't even get another 7-day trip out of it. I have sent 2 emails and called 3 times, and have been told different things every single time!! Come on Disney! I know it is hard for your business financially, but at least train your CMs to say they don't know instead of making things up!

I suggest a strongly worded email.

Not in a joking way, as I normally am.

I sent one "come on" email that was very nice. I got nothing.

Two days ago I sent a more stern "fix this now" and got a call last night and a refund plus a $50 gift card.

Just my .02. Could have got lucky. But I think the change in email tone may have done the trick. I was very nice on the phone.

Two days ago I sent a more stern "fix this now" and got a call last night and a refund plus a $50 gift card.

Just my .02. Could have got lucky. But I think the change in email tone may have done the trick. I was very nice on the phone.
yeah it is the only way to get someone to contact you

I just called (24 minute total call time) and spoke to a very bubbly CM. When I told him I wanted to cancel my daughter’s AP, he said he had good news and bad news for me but promised the bad news wouldn’t be that bad.
He went on to say the bad news was that he couldn’t manipulate the pass in the system right now in order to process the cancellation. He then said the good news was that there was a message sent out to the teams that Disney is about to make a “HUGE announcement” with respect to annual passes because of the feedback they’ve gotten from passholders who don’t feel safe visiting the parks, or aren’t happy about not being able to park hop, etc. He said he didn’t have a date when the announcement will be made except “the VERY NEAR future, and when Disney says VERY NEAR future they don’t mean months or even weeks but the VERY NEAR future, HINT HINT, WINK WINK” (yes, he actually said it like that :laughing:). He said that after the announcement is made, I might not even need to call back in order to take whatever action I choose to take with the pass.

So, I’ll take that with a grain of salt and continue waiting. :scratchin

Edited to add: I should have asked him if that definition of "VERY NEAR future" is the same one they used when they kept telling us to check the DPB while waiting for Rivers of Light info ... :rotfl:

Last edited:

Sending an e-mail is not a guarantee that you'll get a response in a timely fashion, but you did well. Congrads!

I just called (24 minute total call time) and spoke to a very bubbly CM. When I told him I wanted to cancel my daughter’s AP, he said he had good news and bad news for me but promised the bad news wouldn’t be that bad.
He went on to say the bad news was that he couldn’t manipulate the pass in the system right now in order to process the cancellation. He then said the good news was that there was a message sent out to the teams that Disney is about to make a “HUGE announcement” with respect to annual passes because of the feedback they’ve gotten from passholders who don’t feel safe visiting the parks, or aren’t happy about not being able to park hop, etc. He said he didn’t have a date when the announcement will be made except “the VERY NEAR future, and when Disney says VERY NEAR future they don’t mean months or even weeks but the VERY NEAR future, HINT HINT, WINK WINK” (yes, he actually said it like that :laughing:). He said that after the announcement is made, I might not even need to call back in order to take whatever action I choose to take with the pass.

So, I’ll take that with a grain of salt and continue waiting. :scratchin

Edited to add: I should have asked him if that definition of "VERY NEAR future" is the same one they used when they kept telling us to check the DPB while waiting for Rivers of Light info ... :rotfl:

Waiting with bated breath. But, I feel like we've been Pavlov's Dog conditioned that my expectations are tempered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter