AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

If don't have the original payment method...gift card.

For those that cancelled online, does Disney give you a chance to indicate this? I am trying to call, but get a message that all lines are busy. I don't want to cancel online unless I know I can add that information.

No, no option for any refund selection or anything like that.

It was super simplified, like @BridgetBordeaux described:
Out of state...paid in full...got the email....waited until today to click it......I selected the cancel option.......got a pop up reminding my what I chose and that it is not reversible......clicked on it .......printed out the confirmation screen.......later on I got an email saying I had cancelled my AP.

So.....weird.

Our passes got extended a month in MDE - I haven't made any changes or even gotten the email.

Silver FL Resident pass on monthly payments.

Out of state Platinum Pass, paid in full. I have passes for myself, my husband and 2 kids. I received the email, but when I click on my link, it brings up "your annual pass" with selection to continue or cancel. It makes no reference at all to my husband or my 2 kids. I'd like to cancel my husband and one child and keep myself and my other child. I suppose I'll have to call. Anyone else with that issue?

@sdk1231 Yes I'm in the same situation. I clicked cancel but have no idea who I cancelled for. I sent them an email and am waiting on a response

Out of state Platinum Pass, paid in full. I have passes for myself, my husband and 2 kids. I received the email, but when I click on my link, it brings up "your annual pass" with selection to continue or cancel. It makes no reference at all to my husband or my 2 kids. I'd like to cancel my husband and one child and keep myself and my other child. I suppose I'll have to call. Anyone else with that issue?
yep!

I did not get the email today, but spent 1 hour 50 minutes on hold; just before giving up, a lovely CM answered. I am in a weird situation that we upgraded at renewal time in February from a DVC Gold AP to Platinum. My renewal certificate in the app has allowed me to make fast passes (back when we had an Easter trip), and has recently allowed me to make park reservations for September and January. But in the app, the expiration is 2030. Apparently because I switched pass types it is not as activated as a normal renewal, according to CM. Anyway, I called because I wanted to keep the extension they offered but downgrade back to Gold. I was allowed to cancel my pass, but I could not buy a new one since AP sales are suspended. I decided not to cancel. I was advised to ask Guest Relations/Ticketing to do it before we activate our passes in person, and they would be able to switch and refund at that time.

princessbride6205-
Did the CM say when your voucher starts? I just called. We didn’t get the email. I was told that since my gold APs were through DVC, our new renewal date will be when cash the vouchers in instead of January when we renewed. That’s very different and counter to what I’ve been told on past calls. Thank you!!

Is this accurate? Isn't it July 11 to your extended expiration date?
I think it's just all confusing since it all falls back on if you opted for the 117-day extension or not. If you chose the initial extension, the refund is from July 11-extended expiration date. If you didn't choose that extension and kept your original expiration date, I guess the refund is the 117 days plus whatever days are left from July 11-your original expiration date.

I think it's just all confusing since it all falls back on if you opted for the 117-day extension or not. If you chose the initial extension, the refund is from July 11-extended expiration date. If you didn't choose that extension and kept your original expiration date, I guess the refund is the 117 days plus whatever days are left from July 11-your original expiration date.
And if you didn't actively choose anything and the passes were extended you can still cancel and get the refund from July 11 to the extended date correct? That's how I read it.

And if you didn't actively choose anything and the passes were extended you can still cancel and get the refund from July 11 to the extended date correct? That's how I read it.
Yes, I believe so! All paid-in-full passes got the 117-day extension by default unless you called and requested that partial refund from the period of closure.

I am more confused now than ever.

Purchased my Gold AP (paid in full) January 12, 2020. It would have expired January 12, 2021 but extended through May 9, 2021. According to the new AP email I can cancel my AP. Is the refund calculated from July 11, 2020 through January 12, 2021 OR through May 9, 2021?

I already have a trip planned for January/March 2021 and park reservations selected. If I cancel my AP I will lose those days AND I can't purchase my new AP because sales are on hold. And when I am finally able to purchase is it a renewal price or full price?

I am more confused now than ever.

Purchased my Gold AP (paid in full) January 12, 2020. It would have expired January 12, 2021 but extended through May 9, 2021. According to the new AP email I can cancel my AP. Is the refund calculated from July 11, 2020 through January 12, 2021 OR through May 9, 2021?

I already have a trip planned for January/March 2021 and park reservations selected. If I cancel my AP I will lose those days AND I can't purchase my new AP because sales are on hold. And when I am finally able to purchase is it a renewal price or full price?
The refund is calculated from July 11 to your extended expiration (May 9). I believe if you cancel your AP, you'll risk losing your already-planned park reservations since they're linked to your AP. When you do purchase a new AP, it'll be full-price.

Correct. Really insane.
Ok thats what I thought. I pressed the answer and asked if my black out dates would be retracted from my refund. CM pointed out how generous Disney was being... "I can use my pass till 8/11, but my refund is "accessible days" from July 11". If that is the case I should get a large sum of the pass value back. Which is great...but what if I had taken the other offer of refund for the 117 days.

This is such a trainwreck. Husband’s pass was extended again and he requested refund in April. My pass disappeared on July 3 (30 days after it expired). I’m going to have to call....ugh....

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter