AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I never got “THE” email, but I was able to use the link to extend my pass and it shows the extension in MDE. Then I got the same information that I should have gotten by email (but never did) by snail mail today 🧐🤔 What the heck. I know Disney has my email, they send me all kinds of stuff, but never any passholder emails.

No letter for us and we never received an email either. We get all the Disney “junk mail” though. Go figure.

I’ve probably spent 7-8 hours on hold dealing with getting refunds for our APs over the course of several months. First time I was told no refund, period. Second time I was told to call back in a July. In early July I gave up after almost 2 hours and sent an email. I, too, did not get “the email” although I got an email saying I would get “the email“ with a link to cancel. I was on hold around an hour this am when I managed to cancel my AP. I was told by the CM she couldn’t process the refund for my husband as she had to talk to him in person so we should call back when he was available. Tonight we were on hold for over 1 1/2 hours and the new CM didn’t even ask to talk to my husband. Grrr!

CMs are very polite and want to be helpful, but Disney’s service set-up and IT is horrible.

If you elected to have your AP date extended instead of getting the partial refund for the closure period, then your new expiration date is the end date for the full refund. If you chose the full refund instead of the additional 30 day extension, the amount should be based on the number of days from 7/11/2020 -> your extended date based on closure period (original expiration date + 117 days)

However...

We had APs that were upgraded from tickets as well. I just got the refunds back to the card we used for the upgrade (original tickets were purchased third party), and the refund amount only reflected the amount that we actually paid for the upgrade ($450), not the full AP amount (which at the time, January 2020, would have been $1,119). Had I known this, I'm not sure I would have elected for the closure period refund, because the alternative would have been an extension of the APs until 7/1/2021. If they do the same thing with with the full cancellation, we will have essentially paid $800 each for our tickets, which were used on a single trip. : (
This is a big deal- I keep asking will it be based on the fully loaded cost or prorated bridged costs. I think mid September we will see all kinds of ridiculous calculations. So sorry, yes agree this would possibly cause a different decision depending on the circumstances.

Our family has 3 annual passes. I only got one email with our last name., not first names. If I request a partial refund, will it give me the partial refund for all 3 passes?

I would call. We only got one email and it only canceled one of our passes. I had to call to cancel the other one.

I spent close to 3 hours on the phone yesterday to try and get questions answered. I called back in May to ask if I cancelled could I get the refund back in a different way than how I paid. I was specific that I didn’t want a refund for time closed yet, I needed that question answered first. I was told someone would call me. Weeks later I got an email that didn’t actually answer my question but by that time the option to cancel the remainder of the AP came out so I emailed specifically to see if I could get the refund in check or gift card form instead of the credit card used. Again, got an email back not answering my question. CM yesterday was wonderful but had to keep putting me on long holds to see what was going on with my pass. Finally found out the first CM I called to ask the question processed my refund for the time closed even though she shouldn’t have but they couldn’t change it now😡 my only option (in my case) was to cancel the rest of the AP instead of extending. As I was on hold I read the above comment about only getting back for the amount of the upgrade. I also did this so I asked her. She asked the “higher up” that she was talking to about my situation and claimed that the refund would be for the total cost of the AP not just what was paid to upgrade from tickets. Maybe it’s worth calling if the refund wasn’t for the full cost of the AP? I realize I could have been told wrong but thought I’d put it out there. I’m frustrated that my question turned into my decision being made for me but it worked out, I guess. She told me if you upgraded tickets at a resort you will get the refund in a check 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s what I need but I’m not sure how accurate that is

What is the process to go ahead and start a class action lawsuit? I think there's enough of us on here that will want to go this direction assuming they do not handle this process correctly, which at this point we have NO reason to believe they will. It would be advantageous time-wise to have everything in place. Anyone know the beginning steps?

What is the process to go ahead and start a class action lawsuit? I think there's enough of us on here that will want to go this direction assuming they do not handle this process correctly, which at this point we have NO reason to believe they will. It would be advantageous time-wise to have everything in place. Anyone know the beginning steps?
Certainly feels like a bait and switch to buy a ticket advertised as giving 365 days of access to parks then creating a reservation system that makes accessing those parks much more difficult. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't go to a park today because there's no more reservations. I understand the uncharted waters Disney is in, but they're a multi billion dollar corporation and I'm not. They need to do something other than a free month and a magnet because as it currently stands, my pass, which I can only use on weekends, is essentially an EPCOT only pass for the next month. I can't go to a water park, I can't park hop. I can only go to Epcot, unless I play hooky from work and go during a weekday. The thing that really makes me angry is that day of, I can buy a one day ticket and have access to any park I want, while my expensive AP is a useless piece of plastic.

Not sure if this has been answered before but, if you chose to get the partial refund for the park closure period, do you still get the bonus one month extension?

I chose the partial refund and I have not seen anything yet (pass used once) and my expiration date is still what it was originally.
My boyfriend chose the pass extension and they gave him an extra 6.5 months. I thought it would be about 4 months, plus the one extra. Not sure if he just lucked out or what.

About that math.......Using fake numbers.....say you paid $500 for 5 day ticket. You then went to disney and paid an extra $100 to upgrade to AP.

Are you saying you only got a refund based on the $100?

We bought tickets from Undercover tourist and upgraded to AP that we plan to cancel. Now I'm concerned.
Yes, that was our experience with the partial refund for the closure. Though, I have not yet called back to have them explain why this is, so it's possible that it was a mistake and not the policy. When I called for the full cancellation, they could not tell me what the amount will be.

I may have missed reports somewhere in this thread but, has anyone whose pass showed as extended gotten the partial refund & had their date revert back to the original expiration? My pass showed extended by the 117 days, I think back in June. I panicked & called to get the partial refund. A few days later, they announced to refund of all unused time option. And my pass got extended by the extra month.

I am still undecided about if I want the full refund or not. We hope to go in March & April. If we keep the extended time as is, both trips would be covered. If we lose the 117 days, we won’t be using it again. In that case, we’ll take the refunds. I know I have to bite the bullet & call, just wondering what anyone else has experienced. Thanks!

Edit to add: our passes show the 117 days, plus the extra month. Just in case that wasn’t clear.

Just spent 3hrs on the phone, transferred no less than 8 times (once to Disney Land!) to cancel our AP's... lots of system issues and people not really well trained to handle it, bit of a farce really but hey ho, its done. Took 5 minutes when on the phone to the right person... but getting that person is like Russian Roulette?! ? lol

I just finished an online chat to confirm both our passes are set to cancel and refund. They are, so that's great, but it's not cool that I never got the original email and that I never received the confirmation email after my hours-long call last month.

We received no email ahead of time (hence the call) and no element of confirmation email once done. I'm not sure the system is set up to work as intended yet, they said our charges that were taken at the beginning of the month would be refunded sometime in late September.

This is a big deal- I keep asking will it be based on the fully loaded cost or prorated bridged costs. I think mid September we will see all kinds of ridiculous calculations. So sorry, yes agree this would possibly cause a different decision depending on the circumstances.
I agree, seems very disorganized. I called again today and confirmed that the refund is supposed to be on the entire pass amount and not just the upgraded amount. So, we’ll see what happens in September. I have a feeling this won’t be the last time I’m on the phone about this.

I'm in.

Certainly feels like a bait and switch to buy a ticket advertised as giving 365 days of access to parks then creating a reservation system that makes accessing those parks much more difficult. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't go to a park today because there's no more reservations. I understand the uncharted waters Disney is in, but they're a multi billion dollar corporation and I'm not. They need to do something other than a free month and a magnet because as it currently stands, my pass, which I can only use on weekends, is essentially an EPCOT only pass for the next month. I can't go to a water park, I can't park hop. I can only go to Epcot, unless I play hooky from work and go during a weekday. The thing that really makes me angry is that day of, I can buy a one day ticket and have access to any park I want, while my expensive AP is a useless piece of plastic.
I appreciate your frustration, but a bait-and-switch implies an intent to deceive - not the case here I don’t think. If not happy with the current AP, cancellation/refund seems like a fair option.

Our family has 3 annual passes. I only got one email with our last name., not first names. If I request a partial refund, will it give me the partial refund for all 3 passes?
When I clicked through the link, it only canceled my pass. I had to call to cancel my kids’. My husband canceled via his own email.

I would call. We only got one email and it only canceled one of our passes. I had to call to cancel the other one.
We had 5 DVC Gold Passes (myself, my husband and our 3 kids), but I only received 2 emails. I called and was told that they would have to do the kids’ cancellations manually (which they did while I was on the phone with them). They also cancelled our 5 Waterlark passes on the call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter