AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I appreciate your frustration, but a bait-and-switch implies an intent to deceive - not the case here I don’t think. If not happy with the current AP, cancellation/refund seems like a fair option.

I agree with this, but NOT if the refund amount isn’t actually based on a fair pricing/approach. As suggested a few posts earlier they only received a profile from their upgrade cost which ends up being more expensive than buying tickets outright.

I agree with this, but NOT if the refund amount isn’t actually based on a fair pricing/approach. As suggested a few posts earlier they only received a profile from their upgrade cost which ends up being more expensive than buying tickets outright.

Completely agree. Until we actually get our refunds we have no idea if Disney has been fair or is ripping us off. I anticipate many more calls to Disney before this is truly finished. The two confirmation emails I received are so generic they don't proof anything which I think was completely intentional on Disney's part. And how many people received the cancellation email and assumed they were canceling their entire families passes when they weren't. If it wasn't for reading everyone's stories on the Dis the email read like I was canceling for everyone with the same last name as me.

Got a call yesterday evening from a supervisor.

This poor CM sounded like she was over the whole thing.

She said they are way behind in processing the March refunds and that she was sending me a check for that payment and also that I’ll probably get it again when they finally get around to refunding the card. Also sending me a $50 gift card for the trouble. Said check won’t go out for 2 weeks. Just an update.

Update on what happened with my situation.

Got a check last night for the March payment amount plus $50. Was told it would be the March payment and then a gift card for $50, but this works as well.

Doing the math, I mean why not, after the refund, we paid roughly $600 in total ($350 down payment and then $31 per pass per month for 8 months) for each Fl Resident Gold AP.

Had we not done the larger down payment, we would have paid $480. Not a big deal, but interesting to see how every scenario will not be the same.

I'm not saying they should give me an extra $120. That's a risk I took by taking the financing. We got 10 days out of the passes I think. So a tad cheaper than the 10 day park hopper pass, and we didn't have to use all the days by a certain point. I'll take it.

Still wish there was a better method than all the calling and emailing I had to do.

So I called for several issues today. A cm from the tech department was helping me. My last issue was that my pass was never extended for the closure period (paid in full). I did receive the extra 30 days. My moms pass is on the payment plan, so she had to call awhile back to let them know she wanted an extension and not a refund. Her pass has been extended for both the closure period and the extra month. He said my pass is still on the list to be extended. It should be done before the current expiration date of 10/30 but he can't guarantee it. This is ridiculous. 10/30 isn't that far away. If it's still not extended by the end of September I'll end up having to call so I can make park reservations.

Has anyone noticed if there are last minute openings (like day of for example) for AP to hop into a park via the reservation system. Right now as a silver AP just about every day is booked up solid for the next few weeks :( Plenty of walk up availability so wondering if they ever open it for last minute AP add ons?

Has anyone noticed if there are last minute openings (like day of for example) for AP to hop into a park via the reservation system. Right now as a silver AP just about every day is booked up solid for the next few weeks :( Plenty of walk up availability so wondering if they ever open it for last minute AP add ons?

As far as I know they are not. Only way in is to buy a ticket or stay at a resort. Pretty crappy IMO

Good morning, I hope everyone is doing well and had a great week. I have sort of an usual question:

We visited WDW July 12-17, the first week of re-opening and visited all of the parks. However, last week I received an email stating that I need to elect what I want to do with my annual pass. Basically it is giving me and my family the option of our "personalized" choice of taking a refund. We have several months left and not planning to go back before expiration.

My question is, are you still eligible for the refund even if you have used the pass since the Parks reopened? I am hoping someone has some insight on this, or maybe has done so to get the proper feedback!

Thanks in advance!

No but it’s been reported on here that like with fp+ pre-covid you can pick up a reservation when someone cancels.

@WRLeGrand

I called on July 21 to cancel our 2 Annual Passes. The cast member said (grain of salt) that as a bonus, if we were in the area we could still use our passes through August 13th.

So if she was correct, you should be able to still get a refund on your pass.

Last edited:
Those who are keeping their APs with extension: did you click the email link? The way it reads, we should be able to do nothing and it won't be canceled, but I'm wondering if I should click the link to be sure... but I'm also afraid with the way things have been going lately that if I do click it, it'll cancel instead. I'm leaning toward taking a screen shot for posterity and doing nothing...

Those who are keeping their APs with extension: did you click the email link? The way it reads, we should be able to do nothing and it won't be canceled, but I'm wondering if I should click the link to be sure... but I'm also afraid with the way things have been going lately that if I do click it, it'll cancel instead. I'm leaning toward taking a screen shot for posterity and doing nothing...
I have done nothing and my Florida Weekday AP went from 3-12-21 to 10-30-21. I’m not saying a word.

No, I clicked on no links at all, just left everything alone.

We had 5 DVC Gold Passes (myself, my husband and our 3 kids), but I only received 2 emails. I called and was told that they would have to do the kids’ cancellations manually (which they did while I was on the phone with them). They also cancelled our 5 Waterlark passes on the call.
I am very curious to get an update regarding your WPAPs.
My daughter and her husband have one and there has been no contact from Disney.

What is the process to go ahead and start a class action lawsuit? I think there's enough of us on here that will want to go this direction assuming they do not handle this process correctly, which at this point we have NO reason to believe they will. It would be advantageous time-wise to have everything in place. Anyone know the beginning steps?
The only winners in a class action lawsuit are the lawyers. If you feel like going this route though I'm sure there are literally hundreds of them willing to take on a company like Disney. You can count me out though.

The only winners in a class action lawsuit are the lawyers. If you feel like going this route though I'm sure there are literally hundreds of them willing to take on a company like Disney. You can count me out though.

Well - considering class actions lawyers really only get paid if they win - I doubt you'll find many. They know a losing case when they see one.

About that math.......Using fake numbers.....say you paid $500 for 5 day ticket. You then went to disney and paid an extra $100 to upgrade to AP.

Are you saying you only got a refund based on the $100?

We bought tickets from Undercover tourist and upgraded to AP that we plan to cancel. Now I'm concerned.

I'm wondering the same thing. I upgraded a 8-day park hopper to AP Gold and used 6 days in Feb/March. If they're only refunding the upgrade cost, than I would get less than $200 back...

No but it’s been reported on here that like with fp+ pre-covid you can pick up a reservation when someone cancels.

Yea this does actually work. Today I was refreshing for Animal Kingdom and managed to get a reservation around 2:30 so we headed over there. Unfortunately it was just brutally hot today, we couldn’t stand it with the masks so we left and came home after about an hour. At least we got some steps in.

I'm wondering the same thing. I upgraded a 8-day park hopper to AP Gold and used 6 days in Feb/March. If they're only refunding the upgrade cost, than I would get less than $200 back...

Well, I cancelled the rest of my AP today, so I'm keeping my fingers cross.

So nobody knows what refunds they’ll get? (Ours was also Undercover Tourist, then upgraded to DVC Gold.) When and if they’ll sell them again? I’m debating taking the refund and applying it to a new one later next year. I guess renewals are still safe for now? My whole family has one and we barely used them. They’ve been extended until late May 2021. It was the first time in years that we’ve gotten them. Sorry I jinxed us all! 😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter