• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

That would be a breach of contract
Normally, I would agree. But the whole lack of transparency of this makes me think if Disney cannot get their processes together enough to run this refund smoothly, then shame on them. When we go to Disney we spend thousands of dollars per trip. I am currently waiting on thousands of dollars for a refund and I don't know when it will or if it will arrive. It will just magically appear one day. They told us we had until Aug 11 to use passes. Passes are still in MDE. That was one of the signs I was using to see if the cancellation went through. They should have turned them off on Aug 12. IMO, when we called to cancel, they should have had the ability to calculate and tell us the refund amount. Especially for the high prices of these refunds, I should have been able to make an educated decision knowing Disney and I agreed on exact dollar amount refund. I cancelled and shouldn't have received the month extension. But I still did according to MDE. Plus I cancelled on behalf of my husband on phone. Then I saw on here that some CMs were staying you can't do that. My husband couldn't find cancellation email so he called Disney. The next CM could not even tell if pass was cancelled yet. So the cancellation was reprocessed. That's shocking to me. It seems like these requests are going into some black hole at times and there is no way to track them.

I don't plan to try and use my pass because I am out of state. But I could understand why people might want to try. We have no idea if we will ever get our refund and if the amount will be correct. We got a generic cancellation email that has no confirmation number. If we don't get a refund, what will Disney's response be? Will it be that they don't have record of it and too bad? Then that's money wasted that could have been used.

I am not confident this will run smoothly. I fully expect I will have to call Disney in the future about a missing check or a wrong amount.

I mentioned this above, I canceled earlier in July. I was refunded by mid-July. MDE still showed active annual pass, which matched the Disney letter which said passes are active thru Aug 11. FYI: I used my pass to visit WDW after the refund and before Aug 11 *it worked fine.* The whole time the pass was still active in MDE (with my future expiration date). Now, Aug 15, MDE still shows active pass and I’ve got a trip planned over the next month. I’ll post back if the pass still works.

After I wrote my long post, I just saw you got a refund. Was it partial refund for park closure or full refund? I think that makes a difference.

Normally, I would agree. But the whole lack of transparency of this makes me think if Disney cannot get their processes together enough to run this refund smoothly, then shame on them. When we go to Disney we spend thousands of dollars per trip. I am currently waiting on thousands of dollars for a refund and I don't know when it will or if it will arrive. It will just magically appear one day. They told us we had until Aug 11 to use passes. Passes are still in MDE. That was one of the signs I was using to see if the cancellation went through. They should have turned them off on Aug 12. IMO, when we called to cancel, they should have had the ability to calculate and tell us the refund amount. Especially for the high prices of these refunds, I should have been able to make an educated decision knowing Disney and I agreed on exact dollar amount refund. I cancelled and shouldn't have received the month extension. But I still did according to MDE. Plus I cancelled on behalf of my husband on phone. Then I saw on here that some CMs were staying you can't do that. My husband couldn't find cancellation email so he called Disney. The next CM could not even tell if pass was cancelled yet. So the cancellation was reprocessed. That's shocking to me. It seems like these requests are going into some black hole at times and there is no way to track them.

I don't plan to try and use my pass because I am out of state. But I could understand why people might want to try. We have no idea if we will ever get our refund and if the amount will be correct. We got a generic cancellation email that has no confirmation number. If we don't get a refund, what will Disney's response be? Will it be that they don't have record of it and too bad? Then that's money wasted that could have been used.

I am not confident this will run smoothly. I fully expect I will have to call Disney in the future about a missing check or a wrong amount.

Agreed, like most others, my story mirrors yours with ~4 long (hours long) calls, zero info on actual refund details or amount (I searched my CC to find it but was never even notified), and things like the extra month extension were never were offered (and never processed) in my case. Under normal circumstances I’d agree with mitsukoshi, but not with all the effort, due diligence, and zero answers I’ve received.

Agreed, like most others, my story mirrors yours with ~4 long (hours long) calls, zero info on actual refund details or amount (I searched my CC to find it but was never even notified), and things like the extra month extension were never were offered (and never processed) in my case. Under normal circumstances I’d agree with mitsukoshi, but not with all the effort, due diligence, and zero answers I’ve received.
A partial, small, refund - about 1/3 of the pass left mathematically, but refunded about 1/5 - mysteriously. I decided the difference is me using it 1 or 2 times before the expiration date.

A partial, small, refund - about 1/3 of the pass left mathematically, but refunded about 1/5 - mysteriously. I decided the difference is me using it 1 or 2 times before the expiration date.

This is what concerns me. That the refund will be much lower than I thought and led to believe and it would have been better to risk and plan a trip for spring in case things get better sooner.

I am also seeing Disney is sending some people two sets of checks. One for 4 months closure. Another for rest of time on pass after July 11. That's also confusing...if the amount you get is not correct, how do you know if another check will be sent?

Need some help with the amount of the refunds I received. Gold Passes paid in full. In June, I requested a refund instead of an extension for the time the Parks were closed. I have four AP passes. I received $229.06 for three and $171.00 for the other one. I have been on the phone with the AP Help desk who had to reach out to another area and they simply cannot tell me why the amounts were different or why/how the amounts were even calculated.
I am confused. The parks were closed the same amount of time for every AP holder. If the AP holder (like me) asked for a refund for this time period, why would every refund not be the same amount for this same level AP for everyone?

Need some help with the amount of the refunds I received. Gold Passes paid in full. In June, I requested a refund instead of an extension for the time the Parks were closed. I have four AP passes. I received $229.06 for three and $171.00 for the other one. I have been on the phone with the AP Help desk who had to reach out to another area and they simply cannot tell me why the amounts were different or why/how the amounts were even calculated.
I am confused. The parks were closed the same amount of time for every AP holder. If the AP holder (like me) asked for a refund for this time period, why would every refund not be the same amount for this same level AP for everyone?

that is really bizarre

Were they all for people in the same ticket age group? Was one for a kid?

The three 229.09 was for one adult and two kids and the $171 was for an adult.

As a note there is just one price for Gold AP.

What is the process to go ahead and start a class action lawsuit? I think there's enough of us on here that will want to go this direction assuming they do not handle this process correctly, which at this point we have NO reason to believe they will. It would be advantageous time-wise to have everything in place. Anyone know the beginning steps?

Unfortunately the only ones who make out in a class action suit are the lawyers.

My husband and I both have Platinum APs (bought through DVC) originally set to expire 12/09/20. I called Disney back in April to request the partial refund (for the closure period), and submitted the online request last month to cancel our passes. My husband received his partial refund check of $307.85 today. I called Disney to confirm that this was for the partial refund and the cast member verified that this was the partial refund for the 116 days the park was closed and that we would be getting three more checks - one for his cancelled pass, one for my partial refund and one for my cancelled pass.

They are processing in the order the requests are recieved

now that is funny.

started my process for both myself and husband on April 28th. Got my refund 2 weeks ago end of July . Still waiting for his. (both AP and unused AP renewal)

my daughter started her process June 14th. She got 3 of her refunds July 6th. Still waiting for the fourth.

ive called total 3 times because husbands pass was still showing on MDE, plus extended twice. Everytime a cm checks they confirmed, I started the refund process on April 28th (which was the original expiration date of his pass).

I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m in exactly the same boat. I suspect we’ll see the APs drop off MDE in the next couple of days.
What makes you believe this? Did a CM give you a timeframe or something?
I am also still showing Expiration date of Feb 2021 in MDE. I believe that they cannot remove this without having issued the money! Which that is what they can't seem to figure out! So the date won't change until your refund/check/credit to card/ or gift card is actually issued.
Just like in any retail establishment.... if something is placed on order and paid for, even if you go to them and say you want to cancel... it will still show on order until the actual refund transaction occurs and money given back. So... Disney has thousands of emails/letters/whatever piled up waiting to process.

I am just baffled by the ineptness of Disney regarding this whole mess!
I had to push our trip out to March and am hoping things will be somewhat close to normal.... so asked for the refund in order to purchase a new 7 day ticket... that I can in-turn upgrade to a new AP. We still plan our normal future trips for fall 2021, etc.

Would like to go to EPCOT today, first real spur of the moment since COVID where I had time and wanted to enjoy it without having to plan a month in advance. Sucks to be me. Full availability for EVERYONE but passholders.

Disney, punishing your passholders is going backfire on you more than you know. You have to change course here.

I am also still showing Expiration date of Feb 2021 in MDE. I believe that they cannot remove this without having issued the money! Which that is what they can't seem to figure out! So the date won't change until your refund/check/credit to card/ or gift card is actually issued.
Just like in any retail establishment.... if something is placed on order and paid for, even if you go to them and say you want to cancel... it will still show on order until the actual refund transaction occurs and money given back. So... Disney has thousands of emails/letters/whatever piled up waiting to process.

I had to push our trip out to March and am hoping things will be somewhat close to normal.... so asked for the refund in order to purchase a new 7 day ticket... that I can in-turn upgrade to a new AP. We still plan our normal future trips for fall 2021, etc.
Refunds and mde are part of different departments

Would like to go to EPCOT today, first real spur of the moment since COVID where I had time and wanted to enjoy it without having to plan a month in advance. Sucks to be me. Full availability for EVERYONE but passholders.

Disney, punishing your passholders is going backfire on you more than you know. You have to change course here.
Agree.
And what is the gain to Disney?
They should merge all available park reservations into 1 bucket for “day of” availability. Locking out pass holders when there is availability for other guests seems pointless. Just leaving unused reservations go to waste.

So they probably just put the cancelled passes in blockout mode until the refund is sent

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter