AP Partial/Full Refund Question and Answers...?

What was the level of your AP? (Flex pass, Deluxe, Signature, etc....) Flex with MP, upgraded from 4 day PH with MP, paid in full
When did your AP expire? 10/18/20
When did Disney process your refund? 3/2/21
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? email received 2/25/21

Was the refund a CREDIT on your credit card? No
A check mailed to your home? Yes, $435.xx each check, one addressed to me, one addressed to DD13

We had 3 Flex Passes with MP, all upgraded from 4 day PH with MP in October 2019 (discount tickets from a popular ticket seller that were bridged at full gate price when we upgraded). We got checks for 2 of the 3 today, not sure where the third check is. They made one check out to me, one check out to DD who is 13 years old. Luckily she has her own checking account so I was able to deposit hers there and then will transfer it to my checking. No idea why they didn’t refund our credit card that we paid with, nor why DH’s check or refund did not come today since all 3 tickets were upgraded to FP at the exact same time with same credit card. I only received one email about the refunds coming, not 3 separate emails.

My other DD upgraded a 4 day PH with MP to Flex Pass with MP in January 2020. We got an email about her refund 1/22/21, and it was refunded via our credit card. So weird.

What was the level of your AP? (Flex pass, Deluxe, Signature, etc....) Flex with MP, upgraded from 4 day PH with MP, paid in full
When did your AP expire? 1/18/21
When did Disney process your refund? 1/18/21
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? Yes on 1/22/21, AFTER the refund hit my credit card! Amount $587.16

Was the refund a CREDIT on your credit card? YES
A check mailed to your home? No

Overall I was happy with the refund amounts. Three of us got 4 day PH with MP x 2 trips, so 8 days with MP for about $250 each. My other DD got 4 day PH with MP for $110 since she only got one trip in before it shut down.

What was the level of your AP? (Flex pass, Deluxe, Signature, etc....) Flex
When did your AP expire? 09/20/20
When did Disney process your refund? 2/11/21
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? Nope. Nothing!
I got $119.83 and was on monthly payments. I’m not sure that sounds right honestly. Refunded to CC paid with

When did your AP expire? 9/20/21
When did Disney process your refund? 2/08/21
$342.29 by check and was paid with GC’s

When did your AP expire? 3/7/21
When did Disney process your refund? 2/09/21
$588.73 by check. Was paid by GC

When did your AP expire? 9/20/20
When did Disney process your refund? 3/3/21
$342.29 was paid in full by GC, got check

Out of the 4 of us, 2 came the same day, one got lost and I had to call, and one came way before the others.

OK, we just had the strangest thing happen. Disney refunded our annual passes through our credit card and then today I received a check for the same amount. What a mess. You know I can't keep both since they will try to get one back, if not screw up again and want both back.

When did your AP expire? 6/18/2020
When did Disney process your refund? End of Feb 21
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? Yes, received an email on 2/26/21

A check mailed to your home? Yes - 4 checks to be exact, even though we had two credit card transactions (1 ticket, and then 3 tickets). Same credit card, has not expired, yet 4 seperate checks. (Annoyingly, 2 of them written to my children. I had to deposit them thru the ATM because the bank wouldn't deposit them in my account. I snuck them into the ATM because I know that works. I guess I could have made them deposit them in their own bank accounts and then Venmo me, but what a pain)

I'm going in 2 days and in same exact boat as you and was planning on asking GS when I'm there since I assume the wait time would be minimal like a few minutes instead of 3 hour phone call. 😅 It does seem like there is a few confirmation from several people that new expiration date will be the day you activate the pass. My understanding is activating the pass in person is for them to verify your blue card. For me it won't be a super huge difference since I'm going again in June but for you it's like getting an additional 6 months extension! That would be amazing! While I'm sad to lose the Disneyland AP, I feel Disney has handled the Premier pass issue pretty generously.

I just asked at a ticket guest relations here at AK and he was pretty confident that if it’s a renewal certificate and not a full price certificate it will start the day your old pass expires. Not a huge deal for me but I know some other people won’t be heading out to WDW for months after their premier expires.

PASS:3 Signature with max pass
Expired 1-17-21
Refund checks for all 3 including the 13 year old (see DDWLMS comments about checks to minors above) arrived today, 3/6/21
Not refunded to Disney Visa, built that could be a good thing as we were able to keep the 2% reward from Jan 2020.

• June 2019: Bought a WDW annual pass at Sam’s Club for $924 (+ $45 Sam’s Club membership)
  • 2/20/20: Activated annual pass and upgraded to Premier for additional $1125 (After a little gentle persuasion with the CM to bridge the cost, saving me $175)
  • Visited WDW parks 11 days
  • Received refund check last week for $2075
So I essentially paid $25 to visit Walt Disney World parks for 11 days. Not too bad. I’d give it all back to be able to have gone to Disneyland multiple times over the past year though.

Still no refund for me and I am incredibly frustrated!

Disney owes me almost $4k. I want my money! I have had no communication from them and when I call for a status that have zero information at all.

What was the level of your AP? Deluxe
When did your AP expire? Purchased 1/2020, never even activated them
When did Disney process your refund? they haven't
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? no
Hi! May I ask if you have received any info about your unactivated annual passes yet? I purchased mine in late 2019, but had not activated it by the time they closed in March. I called and emailed and chatted multiple times last year, and felt like I could almost hear them shrug. Incredibly frustrating, indeed. Thank you! :)

I called member services the other day to find out if my unactivated Disneyland annual flex pass, purchased in 2019, was in the refund queue. It took quite a while for her to find it, but with all my account information and the help of a supervisor, she was able to say yes, I will get a full refund. It will go back on the right credit card. She didn't know when it would happen, but to call back in maybe a month if it hasn't happened yet. Yay!

What was the level of your AP? Flex Pass with MaxPass
When did your AP expire? February 14 2021
When did Disney process your refund? March 3 2021
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? No

A check mailed to your home? Yes

We bought 3 APs on Feb 14, 2020 -- we applied our 5 day PH with MP tickets (two purchased under canada promo and one purchased via redeeming airmiles) and paid the outstanding balance in full with gift cards.

Flex APs with MP were $774 per AP
Our refund was $714 per AP

We visited the parks from Feb 14-19, 2020 (6 days) -- cost us $60 per person for our 6 day trip

I am happy the refund worked in our favor, wasn't sure if were were going to get credit for our PH tickets value!

As I posted above, we had 4 Flex Passes, but have only been refunded for 3 of them. The one that remains unrefunded was purchased at the same time as the two that were refunded 3/2/21. They were upgraded from tickets at the window, all on the same credit card at the same time. I called the AP line this weekend, and after holding for almost 30 minutes, the CM told me that APs are being refunded in batches that have nothing to do with when they were purchased. She said that the fact that my daughter and I received checks on the exact same day, and then my DH hasn't received anything, she said that was just a coincidence. She said all she could do was look at his pass and tell us if "anything was in process". However, she said even though his pass was on my MDE account and paid with my credit card, she could not give me any information about it or the refund status. She said he would have to call in and provide personal information to get the answer. He was on a conference call and could not get on the phone at that exact moment, and she just said "he will have to call back" (with another 30 minute hold time possibly...). This was frustrating but I know others have also been told that they won't speak to anyone but the pass holder about their pass status. It seems insane that they don't have a status on MDE so that people could just look there instead of all of these phone calls... I am not sure how long to wait to try to have him call.

Big news! Woo hoo!

What was the level of your AP? Flex pass with MP
When did your AP expire? Never activated. Purchased 7/2019
When did Disney process your refund? 3/5/2021
Did you receive notice from Disney a refund was processed? No
A check mailed to your home? Yes

As I posted above, we had 4 Flex Passes, but have only been refunded for 3 of them. The one that remains unrefunded was purchased at the same time as the two that were refunded 3/2/21. They were upgraded from tickets at the window, all on the same credit card at the same time. I called the AP line this weekend, and after holding for almost 30 minutes, the CM told me that APs are being refunded in batches that have nothing to do with when they were purchased. She said that the fact that my daughter and I received checks on the exact same day, and then my DH hasn't received anything, she said that was just a coincidence. She said all she could do was look at his pass and tell us if "anything was in process". However, she said even though his pass was on my MDE account and paid with my credit card, she could not give me any information about it or the refund status. She said he would have to call in and provide personal information to get the answer. He was on a conference call and could not get on the phone at that exact moment, and she just said "he will have to call back" (with another 30 minute hold time possibly...). This was frustrating but I know others have also been told that they won't speak to anyone but the pass holder about their pass status. It seems insane that they don't have a status on MDE so that people could just look there instead of all of these phone calls... I am not sure how long to wait to try to have him call.

My in-laws had 3-day tickets that they purchased direct from Disney ahead of their Thanksgiving trip in 2019. They upgraded the tickets to flex passes at the ticket booth the Friday after Thanksgiving. They were put on the same credit card at the same time. My mother-in-law received a refund to her credit card sometime during the first half of December 2020. She was convinced that was it, but based on my own expectations and reports here, I believed she had only gotten enough money for one flex pass. Sometime during the second week of February the second refund showed up on her credit card. She never received any communication from Disney before or after regarding the refunds.

Separately, my older son upgraded his 4-day ticket he used for the same Thanksgiving trip the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so one day later than my in-laws. He received his refund by check on March 4 even though he used a credit card to purchase the ticket, the same credit card to upgrade, and is still in possession of that credit card. Most of the reports I have read lately suggest to me that Disney is refunding by mailed check more frequently (if not exclusively) now even if credit card was the original form of payment.

My in-laws had 3-day tickets that they purchased direct from Disney ahead of their Thanksgiving trip in 2019. They upgraded the tickets to flex passes at the ticket booth the Friday after Thanksgiving. They were put on the same credit card at the same time. My mother-in-law received a refund to her credit card sometime during the first half of December 2020. She was convinced that was it, but based on my own expectations and reports here, I believed she had only gotten enough money for one flex pass. Sometime during the second week of February the second refund showed up on her credit card. She never received any communication from Disney before or after regarding the refunds.

Separately, my older son upgraded his 4-day ticket he used for the same Thanksgiving trip the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so one day later than my in-laws. He received his refund by check on March 4 even though he used a credit card to purchase the ticket, the same credit card to upgrade, and is still in possession of that credit card. Most of the reports I have read lately suggest to me that Disney is refunding by mailed check more frequently (if not exclusively) now even if credit card was the original form of payment.
I received my refund today by check, even though when I called a couple weeks ago they said it would go back on the credit card used to purchase the pass. But, hey, no complaints here. Just tell me how and when I can give it back to them! 😃

I received my refund today by check, even though when I called a couple weeks ago they said it would go back on the credit card used to purchase the pass. But, hey, no complaints here. Just tell me how and when I can give it back to them! 😃

Same here! I guess they processed a large batch this way. Probably faster to cut checks than hand process so many refunds to credit cards.

Thanks for this information. I feel pretty certain we will get his refund eventually, but it frustrated me that they would not even tell me if it was in the line to be refunded. I have all of DH's personal information, his AP number, etc, but nope. There is no way he will wait on hold for that long to ask them this question himself, so I guess we wait!

OK, we just had the strangest thing happen. Disney refunded our annual passes through our credit card and then today I received a check for the same amount. What a mess. You know I can't keep both since they will try to get one back, if not screw up again and want both back.
Have you talked to Disney about your extra refund? The same thing happened to me. I called for a refund of my inactivated flex pass and got a refund on my credit card in November. Today, I received a check. Both are for the same amount.

Have you talked to Disney about your extra refund? The same thing happened to me. I called for a refund of my inactivated flex pass and got a refund on my credit card in November. Today, I received a check. Both are for the same amount.

"Bank error in your favor."

Disney screwed up. But they won't come after you for the double payment. They aren't the IRS. They will write it off as an error.

Now I'm wondering if the same thing will happen to us on the unactivated AP we bought. We got a check yesterday, but I was told it would be refunded to the card it was purchased with. And the AP is still showing in my app, even though the other 3 APs I got refunded on my card have disappeared.

Hoping for some advice, I'm feeling frustrated and desperate.

We purchased 4 AP's in Jan of 2020. We never got an opportunity to activate them. We waited it out until they were just canceled.

Here's the thing. It is SOOOOO much money. $3600. I really need/want that money back. I have tried to be patient but I think what Disney is doing is wrong. We have received zero communication about our refund. We have called a bunch of times and they literally tell us nothing. A supervisor doesn't help. I've emailed every email address I can find for information about this and can't get anyone to help me. I have literally begged them for any information and they just won't tell me anything.

This should be a very simple refund and I don't even care how they refund me. Check, back to the cards used. Don't care! No calculations or anything, just submit the refund. I don't get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter