• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Partial Refund or AP Cancellation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only used 6 days of our pass from first day of use ,which was last Nov., until 3/16. I agree with emilymad that the number of times you were able to use it should not come into consideration. It seems like all this is speculation at the moment as we're not even sure WDW is going to allow that option. Responses from CMs seem to vary on the subject.

If WDW chooses to allow AP holders' to cancel their passes how do you think that will work in terms of a refund? My thought is that it would be from the time the parks closed until your original date of expiration. In our case the expiration date is 11/2020. So if my formula is correct we would get a refund for about 8 months of our cost of the pass. It's platinum so no blackout dates involved. Some in our party are in the higher risk category and will probably feel safer letting the pandemic slow down before we return.
As far as I can understand the refund would be for the 4 months the park was closed with your pass being valid the remainder of its contract vs getting a 4 month extension
FWIW this would be for paid in full APs {unless they hopefully turn around and in good faith extend passes for the x amount of months reservations will be or just be generous and give is a full year extension)

Has anyone who reached out for a complete cancellation of AP's received any calls or emails yet?

When I cancelled my trip in March, I asked for a prorated refund on my AP. The cast member started the process, but said right now they didn't know how much the refund was. It dependent on when the parks would reopen.
Until the parks actually open, they can't really know what that amount is. What if the closure is extended by the Governor till Aug/Sept ( oh no.) .... because of the increase in Covid cases?
There was another option, to add how many days the parks are closed to my AP. Again they don't know this exact # because the parks have not actually opened. But lets say July 11. Right now that would be additional 117(approx.) to the AP.

Since it was March I was told this, it may have all changed!

Last edited:

I wish disney would give a special AP that would be valid during the shut down time in 2021.
We had a spring trip planned. We did beginning of Dec trip , planned spring trip and have trip in Nov. Getting back roughly $250 is not going to buy me a ticket for another spring trip. Adding 4 months covers winter. We won't plan a trip then. Spring and fall is our travel times for trips.

Disney has not yet told us what "park open" means exactly in terms of WDW APs. I'm sorry, but no park hopping, reservation required does not mean park open to me. Hopefully they'll do here what they're doing in Shanghai and extend it until the reservation system is over...which they also haven't told us how long that will take.

Disney has not yet told us what "park open" means exactly in terms of WDW APs. I'm sorry, but no park hopping, reservation required does not mean park open to me. Hopefully they'll do here what they're doing in Shanghai and extend it until the reservation system is over...which they also haven't told us how long that will take.
As of now park open for the domestic parks means July 11th for FL July 17th for CA
Though thing can change and they could extend till the end of reservation period or for a set period longer then those initial 4 months they have been closed

When I cancelled my trip in March, I asked for a prorated refund on my AP. The cast member started the process, but said right now they didn't know how much the refund was. It dependent on when the parks would reopen.
Until the parks actually open, they can't really know what that amount is. What if the closure is extended by the Governor till Aug/Sept ( oh no.) .... because of the increase in Covid cases?
There was another option, to add how many days the parks are closed to my AP. Again they don't know this exact # because the parks have not actually opened. But lets say July 11. Right now that would be additional 117(approx.) to the AP.

Since it was March I was told this, it may have all changed!
The Governor will not extend the Phase 2 nor go back to Phase 1 With a high profile national convention coming to Jacksonville in August it is more likely he will move us into Phase 3 (normal) by August. I suspect even the quarantine order for those from specific states will also be lifted.

AS of this morning, Disney is showing that reservations for park admission will be required through at least June of 2021 (that's as far as the calendar currently goes).

AS of this morning, Disney is showing that reservations for park admission will be required through at least June of 2021 (that's as far as the calendar currently goes).
FWIW the calendar saying reservations till July 2021 could just as much be a case of it being easier to hit “select all” when updating the blackout calendar then guessing when things will stabilize enough to run at normal capacity (or it could be a new normal for WDW APs to reserve as lower tier DL passes have been doing so for about a year)

Just an FYI
It looks like there has been some movement on the MDE AP front
Once reservation system is active the Mods can only get to a couple of threads at a time, this is the MAIN reason we encourage people to check for existing threads before opening new ones, so that once important info is out we can post in one or two and everyone gets the message
I won't be checking this thread at all, so for up to the minute info go to the main thread or the AP thread

Sorry if this in the wrong place to post this question, but I cannot find any information about an expired AP. My pass expired on June 12th, and has been deleted from My Disney Experience account. I have an upcoming resort reservation in September at a currently closed hotel. I was planning on the closure period to be able to use the pass for my September trip. Has this happened to anyone else with an expired AP during the closure? Thanks for any information -- tried calling the AP line, but could not get an answer.

Has anyone who reached out for a complete cancellation of AP's received any calls or emails yet?

We put in for a cancellation to go to the review team. I was told someone would contact me in a couple of weeks. No one ever did, so I called back to ask about it and the guy I got at the monthly payment plan department was very rude and said he didn't know anything about it....however, I had to put the request in for cancellation with the monthly payment plan dept.....so I guess they were seeing how much interest they had in people cancelling. So now I am waiting for the details on how to cancel to come in an email in EARLY July...it's pushing mid-July now.....

We put in for a cancellation to go to the review team. I was told someone would contact me in a couple of weeks. No one ever did, so I called back to ask about it and the guy I got at the monthly payment plan department was very rude and said he didn't know anything about it....however, I had to put the request in for cancellation with the monthly payment plan dept.....so I guess they were seeing how much interest they had in people cancelling. So now I am waiting for the details on how to cancel to come in an email in EARLY July...it's pushing mid-July now.....
this is an unused thread, here's the current one for this topic
https://www.disboards.com/threads/ap-only-info-thread-reservation-system-extensions-refunds.3798147/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter