• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Paymeny Plan Residency

fivehourdisney

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any recent experience with proving residency for an AP payment plan?

Background: I’ve lived in CA for most of my life expect for when my family briefly lived in Utah in my teens, where i got my drivers license and I never bothered to get a new one because I’ve never had any trouble and now I’m in the military so having an out of state license is no biggie. I now live in SoCal but was reading through the fine print for the payment plan and it says I need a CA issued drivers license.

My question is: can I take another form of proof of residency? If I buy online, do I still need to show proof of residency when I go to the parks to get my “actual” annual pass?

TIA!

Does anyone have any recent experience with proving residency for an AP payment plan?

Background: I’ve lived in CA for most of my life expect for when my family briefly lived in Utah in my teens, where i got my drivers license and I never bothered to get a new one because I’ve never had any trouble and now I’m in the military so having an out of state license is no biggie. I now live in SoCal but was reading through the fine print for the payment plan and it says I need a CA issued drivers license.

My question is: can I take another form of proof of residency? If I buy online, do I still need to show proof of residency when I go to the parks to get my “actual” annual pass?

TIA!

You'll need to show proof of residency so bring a lease, an electric bill, something.

You'll need to show proof of residency so bring a lease, an electric bill, something.

Do you have recent experience with this? I’m curious as to if they’ve become more stringent (as in, IDs only) or if they’ll still accept alternate forms of prof

Do you have recent experience with this? I’m curious as to if they’ve become more stringent (as in, IDs only) or if they’ll still accept alternate forms of prof

No recent experience as I'm a lifelong CA resident.

However, according to Disney Moms panel:
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...idency-socal-ticketpassport-purchases-358824/

"Proof of eligible residency is defined as a valid government-issued ID, such as a California Driver License or Identification Card. It must be presented for Southern California ticket and Annual Passport purchases and again at the Main Entrance for theme park entry."

However, obviously, some people move here and haven't had a chance to get the change in ID so they may be able to accept other forms. CA DMV requires this to show proof of CA Residency:
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/dl/residency_requirement

Proof of California Residency
The list below provides the documents acceptable as proof of California residency. One (1) acceptable document is required. All residency documents must list the applicant’s first and last name, and the California residence address must match the residence address listed on the driver license application, with the exception of the last 2 items.

If the applicant includes a separate California mailing address on their application, the California address on the residency document must match the mailing address on the application.

Note: If an applicant is applying for a REAL ID compliant card or a Commercial DL, the applicant’s mailing and residence address must be in California.

• Rental or lease agreement with the signature of the owner/landlord and the tenant/resident.
  • Deed or title to residential real property.
  • Mortgage bill.
  • Home utility bills (including cellular phone).
  • School documents including any document issued by a U.S. education institution that either includes the applicant's date of birth, or if a foreign school document, is sealed by the school and includes a photograph of the applicant at the age the record was issued.
  • Medical documents.
  • Employment documents.
  • Faith based documents that include the name and address of the issuing organization.
  • Insurance documents, including medical, dental, vision, life, home, rental, and vehicle.
  • Internal Revenue Service or California Franchise Tax Board tax return.
  • California Certificate of Vehicle or Vessel Title or Registration.
  • Change of Address Confirmation by the U.S. Postal Service (Form CNL 107).
  • Any document issued by an entity, office, or authority governing over a country, state, county, city, municipality, district, agency, department, or any other political subdivision of a country or state that is typed and contains the agency name, department name, state seal, or is on official letterhead.
  • Property tax bill or statement.
  • Record of any state or national banks, state or federal savings associations, trust companies, industrial loan companies, state or federal credit unions, and any institution or entity that has issued a credit card.
  • An acceptable No Fee Identification Card Eligibility Verification (DL 933) form.
  • Voter registration confirmation letter or postcard issued by the California Secretary of State or a local California county elections officer.
  • Proof of payment of resident tuition at a public institution of higher education located in California.
  • An original copy of an approved Claim For Homeowners’ Property Tax Exemption (BOE-266) form filed with a local California County Assessor.
  • Court documents that list the applicant as a resident of California.

So, one would think that Disney could potentially use one of these.

However, since you are a CA resident, one might ask, why haven't you gotten an ID yet that shows that?

No recent experience as I'm a lifelong CA resident.

However, according to Disney Moms panel:
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...idency-socal-ticketpassport-purchases-358824/

"Proof of eligible residency is defined as a valid government-issued ID, such as a California Driver License or Identification Card. It must be presented for Southern California ticket and Annual Passport purchases and again at the Main Entrance for theme park entry."

However, obviously, some people move here and haven't had a chance to get the change in ID so they may be able to accept other forms. CA DMV requires this to show proof of CA Residency:
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/dl/residency_requirement

Proof of California Residency
The list below provides the documents acceptable as proof of California residency. One (1) acceptable document is required. All residency documents must list the applicant’s first and last name, and the California residence address must match the residence address listed on the driver license application, with the exception of the last 2 items.

If the applicant includes a separate California mailing address on their application, the California address on the residency document must match the mailing address on the application.

Note: If an applicant is applying for a REAL ID compliant card or a Commercial DL, the applicant’s mailing and residence address must be in California.

• Rental or lease agreement with the signature of the owner/landlord and the tenant/resident.
  • Deed or title to residential real property.
  • Mortgage bill.
  • Home utility bills (including cellular phone).
  • School documents including any document issued by a U.S. education institution that either includes the applicant's date of birth, or if a foreign school document, is sealed by the school and includes a photograph of the applicant at the age the record was issued.
  • Medical documents.
  • Employment documents.
  • Faith based documents that include the name and address of the issuing organization.
  • Insurance documents, including medical, dental, vision, life, home, rental, and vehicle.
  • Internal Revenue Service or California Franchise Tax Board tax return.
  • California Certificate of Vehicle or Vessel Title or Registration.
  • Change of Address Confirmation by the U.S. Postal Service (Form CNL 107).
  • Any document issued by an entity, office, or authority governing over a country, state, county, city, municipality, district, agency, department, or any other political subdivision of a country or state that is typed and contains the agency name, department name, state seal, or is on official letterhead.
  • Property tax bill or statement.
  • Record of any state or national banks, state or federal savings associations, trust companies, industrial loan companies, state or federal credit unions, and any institution or entity that has issued a credit card.
  • An acceptable No Fee Identification Card Eligibility Verification (DL 933) form.
  • Voter registration confirmation letter or postcard issued by the California Secretary of State or a local California county elections officer.
  • Proof of payment of resident tuition at a public institution of higher education located in California.
  • An original copy of an approved Claim For Homeowners’ Property Tax Exemption (BOE-266) form filed with a local California County Assessor.
  • Court documents that list the applicant as a resident of California.

So, one would think that Disney could potentially use one of these.

However, since you are a CA resident, one might ask, why haven't you gotten an ID yet that shows that?

It’s never been a problem for me, so i just never bothered with it. Then I joined the military and it became even less of a problem. And besides, the DMV is actual hell on earth and I haven’t seen the inside of one in years

You'll need a form of valid identification. A CA state issued ID or DL will suffice. You don't even have to have the card ID. Just go to the DMV and go through the hoops and they will issue you a paper ID. They will mail the card to your CA address a few weeks later.

Call and ask what you need. My friend who had moved here recently was able to show copies of her electric/cable bills and I think she might have shown her lease agreement as well.

I was under the impression that you'll need a RealID to access all of the military bases in California within a couple of years. Whether or not that's true for military personnel, it wouldn't hurt to just get one, would it? At least then, you'd have the paper saying your ID is being processed.

I've known a couple of people who have used lease agreements, proof of mortgage, etc., but it just seems sketchy.

I was under the impression that you'll need a RealID to access all of the military bases in California within a couple of years. Whether or not that's true for military personnel, it wouldn't hurt to just get one, would it? At least then, you'd have the paper saying your ID is being processed.

I've known a couple of people who have used lease agreements, proof of mortgage, etc., but it just seems sketchy.

Military Personnel use their issued ID and not a driver's license for access to base.

OP, I would just call and ask. You can't be the only active duty military member that has had the question. I don't know of anyone active duty who gets an ID for a state the are stationed in unless they are changing their official home of record to their current state or have some other reason that having an ID in that state would be helpful.

The question is really does Disney recognize active duty military stationed in California as residents of that state. If they don't you'll have to decide if you want to get a new ID or not. CA isn't a bad state to have a driver's license for since they (or at least use to) renew/extend pretty easily.

I never had to "prove" my residency. I got my first annual pass online. all that is required is that the credit card used has a California address.

What happens when it expires? Just paper Renew? Online?
Most states (including Utah) licenses for active military stationed out of state do not need to renew. The renewal is 90 days after they terminate from the military.

"If you hold a regular Class D driver license with any endorsement and you are a person ordered to active duty and stationed outside of Utah in any of the armed forces of the United States or by an immediate family member or dependent who is residing outside of the state and your Utah driver license expires during the time period the person is stationed outside of the state, the driver license is valid until 90 days after the person’s orders have been terminated or the person has been discharged"

And from CA
"
you will not be required to renew your license when it expires. According to California law, as long as you call the California DMV at (916) 657-7790 and update your record, you'll be issued a DL 236 card to carry with your California driver's license. This card shows that your license is still valid under California law.
"
This also goes for spouses and children stationed with the military person.

Why not call Disney to find out the requirements?

my family briefly lived in Utah *in my teens, where i got my drivers license* and I never bothered to get a new one because I’ve never had any trouble and *now* I’m in the military

Honestly, from your wording, it sounds like you needed to get a license in your state of residence before you joined the military.

Seems to be a moot point, but for when you’re out of the military, you’re supposed to get a license in the state you live in pretty quickly.

I never had to "prove" my residency. I got my first annual pass online. all that is required is that the credit card used has a California address.

You should have been asked to show proof when you first used it. Likely that was showing your ID.

I'll likely just try to get down to the DMV to just a get a regular ID with my current CA address on it rather than running the risk of being turned away, or having to shell out the $700 for the pass upfront

This is all I needed last year too, same with my husband and friend. This was just for the payment plan as we are in Northern California, I am not sure if the requirements are different if you are looking to get one of the passes only available to Southern California residents, but for the payment plan all I needed was to have my credit card with a California address. Certainly did not have to show anything when we actually used the pass, again this may be different if you are getting one of the SoCal passes.

This is all I needed last year too, same with my husband and friend. This was just for the payment plan as we are in Northern California, I am not sure if the requirements are different if you are looking to get one of the passes only available to Southern California residents, but for the payment plan all I needed was to have my credit card with a California address. Certainly did not have to show anything when we actually used the pass, again this may be different if you are getting one of the SoCal passes.

I'm trying to get a deluxe on the payment plan. Just wanted to know if I needed to show proof of residency.

What did you have to show to get your "actual" pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter