AP Plan with free dining?

Not without buying a package and park tickets.
There is no straight AP free dining package.

All you have to do is pay rack rate at the resort and buy a one day base ticket for each in your party and then you can get the dining plan free for your stay. For us staying at POP, the free food was definitely cheaper than the AP discount on the room and we plan to just hold onto our 1 day tickets and apply them to our AP renewel when the time comes. Simple!

jjan said:
All you have to do is pay rack rate at the resort and buy a one day base ticket for each in your party and then you can get the dining plan free for your stay. For us staying at POP, the free food was definitely cheaper than the AP discount on the room and we plan to just hold onto our 1 day tickets and apply them to our AP renewel when the time comes. Simple!

Great idea! :sunny:

Some in our group have APs and we did exactly that. Bought one day passes for all four to get the free dining. Gave up a discounted room, but in the long run the free dining far outweighs the savings of the discounted room. Still trying to figure out what to do with some of the one day passes. I have read a few threads where folks said you can apply them to the renewal of your AP next time. I have an email out to a friend of mine who works in guest relations, hopefully she will give me some guidance.

n2mm said:
I have read a few threads where folks said you can apply them to the renewal of your AP next time. I have an email out to a friend of mine who works in guest relations, hopefully she will give me some guidance.

Please let us know what your friend says. It seems that there is a little debate over whether or not the tickets are activated on your room key at check in. I personally would think not, because, what if you were staying for quite some time, and didn't want to use it within the 14 days? But, some seem to think this may work like the old length of stay pass in that it would be good only for the length of your stay, or in this case for the 14 days from your check in. I am hoping to use it at another time, as we have AP's for this trip, but will not have them for the next trip, and will be purchasing probably 10 day pass, and hope to apply it to that purchase at that time. Also, I was wondering if they are said to only be good for the 14 days, if others in your party could use them. There are two of us that have AP's but two that do not. :rolleyes: Thanks for any information, and I will also be asking my TA, and if I get a difinitive answer I will let you know.

n2mm said:
Some in our group have APs and we did exactly that. Bought one day passes for all four to get the free dining. Gave up a discounted room, but in the long run the free dining far outweighs the savings of the discounted room. Still trying to figure out what to do with some of the one day passes. I have read a few threads where folks said you can apply them to the renewal of your AP next time. I have an email out to a friend of mine who works in guest relations, hopefully she will give me some guidance.
I'm interested in this also. We jsut book a MYW package plus free dining, but got the 6 day hoppers included. Our AP's will have expired by then, but I'd love to trade in the 6 day hoppers and buy PAP's. We plan on going back for Easter or the Summer in 2006, so we'd get a lot of the PAP's. Otherwise we're buying 10 day MYW passes for our next trip.

I hope that it will work the way that I've planned, but I figured even if it didn't, the $114 that I paid for my DD7 and my 1 day tickets still makes it cheaper than the small AP discount that I was getting at Pop. We plan to make the free dining worth every penny so we will still be ahead. When else will we ever have the chance to eat such expensive meals everyday like we will be doing (this is coming from a family who eats almost solely counter service and splits meals).

I am pretty sure your entry media is now on another card from your room key/charge/early entry/dining plan credits card :)
I think I was told it is yellow... but someone over on the dining board who wrote a great dining plan report said the park tickets were not on the room key. Was it Nora?

It is not true. The park entry ticket on packages are on your room key and it also covers dining plan as well as purchases. However, the activation of the park tickets occur at turnstile. That is why you don't have to buy the same length of park tickets to your nights of stay. For example, you can stay at Disney resort for 2 nights but purchase the 10 MYW tickets with non expire and save the entire 10 days park pass to use on another trip.

The 14 days expiration for park passes only applies to tickets that don't have the additional non-expiration option. But if you never activate your tickets at the turnstiles, I don't see how the 14 days expiration start.

For example, in May, I went to Disney with split stay at AKL and POLY. We are AP holders and have DDE. But I got the postcard code discount for the resort stay. Asked a cool CM if I can add the dining plan. She was able to work the ressies so that I can keep the postcard discount, having dining plan and only bought 1 day base ticket expiring. I didn't use the 1 day base ticket because I have AP. The 1 day base ticket does not expire until I use it because right now, I have not activated it yet at the turnstile.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse anyone further.

Just subbing to this thread for any updates. We also have AP but went with the Free Dining pkg.

bumping into this thread as I am very interested in this as well. I have an AP and would like to give my mom who will be with us in another room, my 1 day base ticket. I wonder if I can do that??

Add us to the list that bought the Package only for the free dining. We hadn't even planned to go back until December !! But this was too good to pass up. We also have Ap's and only bought a 1 day ticket. I am also hoping that we will be able to use it next year to apply to an AP. :banana:

HaleyB said:
I am pretty sure your entry media is now on another card from your room key/charge/early entry/dining plan credits card :)
I think I was told it is yellow... but someone over on the dining board who wrote a great dining plan report said the park tickets were not on the room key. Was it Nora?

My son and I used the dining plan in April. I purchased one day base tickets from disney and the rest from ticketmania. The one day ticket was on my room key along with the dining plan.

Ok, since I was the one with the misinformation I called to ask. The CM I talked to confirmed it is still the same key to the magic style room key with everything on one key. However she did also say you could save it (she had to put me on hold for awhile to make sure) and use it latter or upgrade it to ANY ticket (I assume that an AP would be part of that). I had asked about someone else using it, she forgot to ask and I needed to get off the phone. I don't see why not, it is not like they ask for ID and check the name on the key (as far as I remember).

Quick Question:

I have an AP, but my neice will not. With this package, could I buy a 1 day ticket for me and a longer ticket for her? Is this possible? Thanks! :sunny:

Miss Kelly said:
Quick Question:

I have an AP, but my neice will not. With this package, could I buy a 1 day ticket for me and a longer ticket for her? Is this possible? Thanks! :sunny:
No, everyone listed on the package must have the same ticketing.

You can purchase 1 days for both of you and only upgrade hers when you get there, that is what I'd do. Plus you could probably let her use your tix one day also.

redmomof4 said:
You can purchase 1 days for both of you and only upgrade hers when you get there, that is what I'd do. Plus you could probably let her use your tix one day also.

Good idea! Thanks for the suggestion. :flower:

No, everyone listed on the package must have the same ticketing.

Thank you so much for the clarification. :teeth:

is there a special way to get just the one day pass with the free meal plan? I tried to do this yesterday, and the CM told me that I must buy at least the 6 day pass. Also, at WL they only had Courtyard rooms available and they only had the standard sav. view at AKL, but nothing at POFQ--Ugh! I'm trying to get the best overall price, and since we already have our passes, the 6 day park passes just seem like more than I want to add on. Help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter