• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Plan with free dining?

Thanks redmomof4! I figured the CM was wrong about that because she tried telling me that I could not check in on 10/4 and still get the AP rate for the present code either. I'll try back tomorrow.

Thanks redmomof4! I figured the CM was wrong about that because she tried telling me that I could not check in on 10/4 and still get the AP rate for the present code either. I'll try back tomorrow.

I am not sure what you men but you can not get the AP room discount rate and the free dining package - just one or the other.

Suzanne74 said:
I am not sure what you men but you can not get the AP room discount rate and the free dining package - just one or the other.

What I was asking was this: we have AP's. How can you get a CM to book you the free dining package and have to buy only the one day pass (yes I know you have to pay rack rate for the room and can't combine the two offers). I was told by the CM that you must buy at least the 6 day pass for the free dining package. (i went on to say in my previous post that I am sure the CM was wrong, because she then tried telling me if I chose to use my AP room rate instead of the free dining plan, that it was not possible to do that for 10/4-10/11. She was wrong. 10/4 is the last day of those rates. New AP rates that are not out yet start on 10/5.) With that said, I know I can call back and ask but how have others asked the CM (if the CM understands) to be able to buy the package with one day park pass and not all six or more days. The CM I spoke to treated me like it could not be done and that I was crazy. Your help is appreciated.

I have to say that the CM's at CRO/WDTC are being VERY picky how they do this package. I called 3 different times trying to book 10/3 - 10/8 and EVERY TIME I called I was told that I couldn't have the package because I'd be checking out after 10/4. We all know Disney doesn't work that way and I told the CM this everytime I tried to book. I finally found availability on Expedia and called back the 4th time. I finally got the package booked or my dates, but it wasn't the resort I wanted. I finally went to DU and they got me POR, so I booked through DU. I don't know how they are able to get resorts that WDW says is sold out for that time period, but they did. If you are trying to do something "out of the ordinary" and aren't getting the response you want from CRO/WDTC, e-mail DU. They don't charge anymore than you'd get yourself and you'll get someone who knows what they are doing.

I have to say that the CM's at CRO/WDTC are being VERY picky how they do this package. I called 3 different times trying to book 10/3 - 10/8 and EVERY TIME I called I was told that I couldn't have the package because I'd be checking out after 10/4. We all know Disney doesn't work that way and I told the CM this everytime I tried to book. I finally found availability on Expedia and called back the 4th time. I finally got the package booked or my dates, but it wasn't the resort I wanted. I finally went to DU and they got me POR, so I booked through DU. I don't know how they are able to get resorts that WDW says is sold out for that time period, but they did. If you are trying to do something "out of the ordinary" and aren't getting the response you want from CRO/WDTC, e-mail DU. They don't charge anymore than you'd get yourself and you'll get someone who knows what they are doing.

FYI - I booked this morning for 10/01 to 10/09 and had no problem w/ the CM on the phone. She told me we would have 8 nights of free dining so it would be 24 tables, 24 counters and 24 snacks for the 3 of us. No hesitation. I also received the value rate the whole way thru. I guess it is who you talk to. She did ask if I was taking the 9 day pass and I said no, just the 7 day but there was no problem with that either. I decided it would be cost effective this trip to have expiring hopper tickets as it only cost a few buck more each day. I will use mine towards my AP renewal

As far as looking on Expedia for availabilty, I think they only have so many rooms per resort because it looked like CSR was booked a few days when I looked on their site but Disney had availabilty the whole 8 nights so I booked it right away - what resort were you trying to book? I would keep trying as people are dropping rooms and changing all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter