AP Popcorn Bucket: The Toy Story Alien

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
Disneyland AP just unveiled the next refillable popcorn bucket...it's the Alien from Toy Story!
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/ap-refill-promotion/

It won't be available until April 24th, so it'll just miss the start of Pixar Fest. It'll be available until May 24th for purchase (while supplies last - I'm guessing this one will sell out quickly) and it'll be good for refills through June 21st.

Disneyland AP just unveiled the next refillable popcorn bucket...it's the Alien from Toy Story!
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/ap-refill-promotion/

It won't be available until April 24th, so it'll just miss the start of Pixar Fest. It'll be available until May 24th for purchase (while supplies last - I'm guessing this one will sell out quickly) and it'll be good for refills through June 21st.

Woo Hoo! We can buy one when we visit in late April (26 or 27) and can use it the whole week we're there in June. Yippee! My kids love the popcorn and this makes it more reasonable.

Hmm...Weren't the buckets $15 the last few times?

I guess it is a premium bucket. I wonder if they'll have a regular bucket for refills too, or if they are going this route now.

They were $15 previously, but they were just the round buckets (so not quite double the normal cost). In this way, the Premium increase isn't as much! :)

I don’t like that it’s $20. Makes the deal less appealing to me. Also I find that these premium buckets often hold less popcorn than a regular bucket, reducing the value further.

I don’t like that it’s $20. Makes the deal less appealing to me. Also I find that these premium buckets often hold less popcorn than a regular bucket, reducing the value further.

That's definitely my concern too. The bucket is cute and I'll likely purchase it since it's the only way I get popcorn anymore (really really wish they'd track our spending at the popcorn carts outside of these refill deals), but I am concerned it'll be less popcorn than before. And that an increase in cost (even for the fancier bucket) and possible decrease in popcorn space will adjust the break even point on refill purchases.

I'm a little worried these will sell out faster than normal, though. I foresee far more non APs being interested and several being purchased just to sell to people who can't even use it for refills =/

That's definitely my concern too. The bucket is cute and I'll likely purchase it since it's the only way I get popcorn anymore (really really wish they'd track our spending at the popcorn carts outside of these refill deals), but I am concerned it'll be less popcorn than before. And that an increase in cost (even for the fancier bucket) and possible decrease in popcorn space will adjust the break even point on refill purchases.

I'm a little worried these will sell out faster than normal, though. I foresee far more non APs being interested and several being purchased just to sell to people who can't even use it for refills =/

I always purchase the AP buckets but I think I’ll skip this one and just not get popcorn as frequently.

My guess is that the Alien bucket is going to hold about the same amount as the round buckets (about 1.25 to 1.5 cartons, depending on how much the CMs pack it). So it'll cost more than the round bucket for the same amount of popcorn, but given that the premium buckets are $15 (or more) at this point, a $5 upcharge isn't that bad (compared to the round bucket which is normally $8.50, but the AP one was $15).

My guess is that the Alien bucket is going to hold about the same amount as the round buckets (about 1.25 to 1.5 cartons, depending on how much the CMs pack it). So it'll cost more than the round bucket for the same amount of popcorn, but given that the premium buckets are $15 (or more) at this point, a $5 upcharge isn't that bad (compared to the round bucket which is normally $8.50, but the AP one was $15).

It is not that bad if you like collecting buckets and it’s definitely a cute one. I personally don’t care about the buckets as souvenirs (save for the uber-adorable Pluto bucket from last Christmas, the one and only bucket I’ve purchased outside of AP refill buckets). So for me, since it’s all about the popcorn deal itself and not the container it comes in, that extra $5 makes it less appealing. I should add that if I’m buying popcorn without and AP refill, I always stick a small popcorn, which I think is $4.50 now. That is enough to share and I don’t pay double for the bigger bucket, especially considering the bucket holds only like 1.5 times the amount of popcorn that a small carton holds... why pay twice as much? I could just buy two small cartons and get twice as much for the same price as 1.5 times as much with the bucket.

I really hope this makes it to WDW this year for the open of Toy Story Land. I collect the aliens, and even bought an AP this year for the first time. If not, will likely have to troll the secondary market to track one down later...

I really hope this makes it to WDW this year for the open of Toy Story Land. I collect the aliens, and even bought an AP this year for the first time. If not, will likely have to troll the secondary market to track one down later...
Or Fly to Disneyland...LOL!

My DD is gluten free and dairy free and it is very hard to find snacks in the Parks she can eat. So since the popcorn is both gluten free and dairy free, my DD and I always try to get one (sometimes they sell out before we were able to buy one.) But I am bummed they have increased by $5.00.

We bought an AP bucket for the first time in February. It was just a bucket, not a special shape. Is there a generic AP bucket that you can buy in addition to the alien one, or just the alien one? We've had AP's since July and I think we've missed out on buying the buckets because I didn't understand what they were. We aren't interested in the shape, just saving money with a lot of refills.

We bought an AP bucket for the first time in February. It was just a bucket, not a special shape. Is there a generic AP bucket that you can buy in addition to the alien one, or just the alien one? We've had AP's since July and I think we've missed out on buying the buckets because I didn't understand what they were. We aren't interested in the shape, just saving money with a lot of refills.
They haven’t been shaped (premium) buckets before, just regular round ones. They’ve been $15 with $1 refills. I would be quite surprised if they’re offering an alternative to this one during the same time period.

These are so cute. But I worry about it being a pain to take around the park all day, in & out of rides, etc. Then being able to pack on plane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter