AP popcorn buckets?

starshine514

DIS Veteran
Heading to the park on Saturday. Are there any refillable AP popcorn buckets currently for sale?

Thanks!

Surprising Disney is not putting out a couple of different Halloween buckets. They would sell out immediately.

There are four different Halloween themed buckets (DL round, DCA round, Poison Apple Cauldron, and Oogie Boogie); just none are AP-exclusives. I kind of always thought they used the AP bucket to try and bring in AP holders and have them buy popcorn (the Alien bucket notwithstanding, that was a different case). They don't really seem to need to encourage people to buy popcorn during Halloween (it seems like plenty of folks are buying the buckets that are available). I was kind of guessing the next AP exclusive bucket (assuming it's not another Alien-style high-demand one) would be in the winter (January-ish).

I really want an AP bucket but I can’t ever get one! The Alien buckets kept getting released on weekdays and I work. I can’t go to DL everyday (or every week for that matter) just to wait in line for a bucket.

Maybe I’ll have a chance around Christmas...

There are four different Halloween themed buckets (DL round, DCA round, Poison Apple Cauldron, and Oogie Boogie); just none are AP-exclusives. I kind of always thought they used the AP bucket to try and bring in AP holders and have them buy popcorn (the Alien bucket notwithstanding, that was a different case). They don't really seem to need to encourage people to buy popcorn during Halloween (it seems like plenty of folks are buying the buckets that are available). I was kind of guessing the next AP exclusive bucket (assuming it's not another Alien-style high-demand one) would be in the winter (January-ish).

This is why I wish they'd track when APs buy popcorn outside of the AP bucket deals. I don't get popcorn when it's non AP bucket times (or if I couldn't get an AP bucket like in the case if the alien bucket). I think the data would at the very least be intriguing and would help illustrate what differences (if any) in profit they make during each period (popcorn bucket and non popcorn bucket) from APs.

Here's hoping the next bucket isn't some high demand bucket again :(

That would be interesting, but the only way you'd probably get APs to participate is to offer some type of AP discount (like at the dining locations) for the popcorn. Otherwise, I would guess a large number of APs wouldn't want to bother fishing out their APs to be scanned if there was no benefit per se.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of the Alien AP bucket "experiment". The buckets sold really fast, but I wonder how many made it back to the parks for refills. They aren't the easiest shape to carry and clean and I was worried about breaking off his little antenna when I brought it back to get refilled. I honestly think it makes more sense for the AP buckets to be the round ones that are fairly sturdy.

That would be interesting, but the only way you'd probably get APs to participate is to offer some type of AP discount (like at the dining locations) for the popcorn. Otherwise, I would guess a large number of APs wouldn't want to bother fishing out their APs to be scanned if there was no benefit per se.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of the Alien AP bucket "experiment". The buckets sold really fast, but I wonder how many made it back to the parks for refills. They aren't the easiest shape to carry and clean and I was worried about breaking off his little antenna when I brought it back to get refilled. I honestly think it makes more sense for the AP buckets to be the round ones that are fairly sturdy.

I generally assume the main reason we even have discounts is data collection along with being an incentive to encourage greater spending. Agreed no discount means few would dig out their pass out, though.

And oh! Yeah. That's another data point I would love to know: how many alien bucket actually got used for refills compared to the round buckets? My guess would be not that many as they were difficult to transport like you said.

Thanks for all the replies. I thought I heard Katrina say something about AP buckets on a recent podcast, so I was hopeful. :)

When they offer the regular round AP buckets I always buy one and refill it a lot. We love popcorn! I wasn’t at all interested in the more expensive alien bucket. At that price point the savings didn’t work out in my favor and I have no interest in lugging that thing around!

I really want an AP bucket but I can’t ever get one! The Alien buckets kept getting released on weekdays and I work. I can’t go to DL everyday (or every week for that matter) just to wait in line for a bucket.

Maybe I’ll have a chance around Christmas...

I feel the same way! It's only a 30 min trip from door to turnstiles but I never seem to be able to make it in time for any of the AP exclusive buckets. I remember they had the round villains AP bucket last year and it was gone in about a week.

This is why I wish they'd track when APs buy popcorn outside of the AP bucket deals. I don't get popcorn when it's non AP bucket times (or if I couldn't get an AP bucket like in the case if the alien bucket). I think the data would at the very least be intriguing and would help illustrate what differences (if any) in profit they make during each period (popcorn bucket and non popcorn bucket) from APs.

Here's hoping the next bucket isn't some high demand bucket again :(

I know I'd personally buy a lot more popcorn with an AP bucket rather than paying for individual servings. I'd probably get 3-4 servings per trip rather than the single serving I get maybe every 2-3 trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter