AP Preview for VelociCoaster

I see that they did their soft opening today. Does that mean it will be open every day or just sporadically until June 10th? We’re going at the end of May, and I really want to ride this!
Visiting end of May as well ! How do they run the soft opening? Just getting in the stand by line ???

That one obvious visible drop is your worry. It is as steep as it looks, and it feels it. It is also at slower speed at the top which makes it "slower" starting the drop as well. There are many inversions and lots of corners whipping amongst those jagged rocks. It is a very intense coaster. You will jostle around in the seat. You will experience air time on multiple occasions. But it is smooth.

Hulk is a rougher ride. Hulk remains the only coaster to consistently blow my mask down (multiple times each ride). For comparison, none of the Busch Gardens coasters blow down the mask either, and only once on Kraken out of several rides.
Is that steep drop like RRR? I don’t really care for that, it makes me feel like I’m going to lose my glasses…

Is that steep drop like RRR? I don’t really care for that, it makes me feel like I’m going to lose my glasses…
Felt higher. Guessing it is higher. Google might answer that for us. Plus the rest of the coaster has lots of air time.

We arrived today and rode twice! We had no clue there would be a soft opening going on and were so excited. It is absolutely awesome! So much air time, and if you keep your hands up the whole time it is unreal. Especially when you flip right over the water. I will update if they’re doing more tomorrow!

I see that they did their soft opening today. Does that mean it will be open every day or just sporadically until June 10th? We’re going at the end of May, and I really want to ride this!
I dunno.

I'm assuming they will have it tomorrow at least because they are setting up for massive max capacity crowds and probably need a ride to divert all the traffic from Hagrids.

*mild spoiler* Anyone get pics of the faux books displayed in the queue one was Ian Malcolm's 'The End of the World' I think and the other was flipped to back cover and had a pic of Dr. Grant at a dig site. Very cool JP movie tie ins.

We are back from our trip and I decided to brave Hulk for the first time before my AP res for the new ride. My friend had to practically drag me but I actually had fun and started to enjoy it half way through. My biggest concern for Velocicoaster was feeling really sick or getting a bad headache. RRR can give me a headache and sometimes Hagrid's turns my stomach. I ended up taking a Dramamine low drowsy with lunch at noon our reservations was at 3:30. We seemed to pick a good time and got to go early....we could take our time thru the queue and then we walked right on. I think we got row 4 or 5 so in the middle....I was just trying to survive so I regret not looking around enough on the ride. It made my head kinda go back and forth a lot because of the quick turns but I never got a headache. The second launch is crazy because all the sudden you are at the top and can see the entire park. Nothing bothered me or made me feel sick which was shocking!! It was fun and I wish we would have asked for a second ride. I have heard it is a different ride in the front or back.

RRR is 51 metres, (167 feet), and Velocicoaster is 47 metres (155 feet) and it has an 80-degree drop.

We are back from our trip and I decided to brave Hulk for the first time before my AP res for the new ride. My friend had to practically drag me but I actually had fun and started to enjoy it half way through. My biggest concern for Velocicoaster was feeling really sick or getting a bad headache. RRR can give me a headache and sometimes Hagrid's turns my stomach. I ended up taking a Dramamine low drowsy with lunch at noon our reservations was at 3:30. We seemed to pick a good time and got to go early....we could take our time thru the queue and then we walked right on. I think we got row 4 or 5 so in the middle....I was just trying to survive so I regret not looking around enough on the ride. It made my head kinda go back and forth a lot because of the quick turns but I never got a headache. The second launch is crazy because all the sudden you are at the top and can see the entire park. Nothing bothered me or made me feel sick which was shocking!! It was fun and I wish we would have asked for a second ride. I have heard it is a different ride in the front or back.

Good to hear you enjoyed it so much......it sounds fabulous :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter