AP Price Increase June 18th, 2019

Luckily there are a couple outlets to still get the previous prices
I didn't think you could get an AP from anyone except Disney. Do you mind sharing? I am pretty sure all the normal ticket sellers are allowed to be discussed here.

I didn't think you could get an AP from anyone except Disney. Do you mind sharing? I am pretty sure all the normal ticket sellers are allowed to be discussed here.
Sam’s club and AAA both have annual passes at the previous price. Many of us bought from sam’s Today and already have them linked to our MDEs

I bought my platinum pass when I was at the parks in May, glad I did. As a solo DW traveler, it still makes sense for me, even with the price increase. I take 3 - 4 trips a year, mainly because I like to get out of Jersey when I can. (Being a former West coast kid, I don't do well in the cold) I've run the numbers, and with the hotel discounts, and parkhopper option, my breaking point is close, but not there yet.

That being said, I really feel for families. Disney to me has always been about that. My friend's youngest daughter just turned three, which means he is going to have to purchase 4 AP's for his family. It's just a bummer all the way around.

Question for those of you buying from Sam's Club today. Is that something I'm able to do if I already have a voucher in my account and I'm not headed to the parks until the beginning of August? My husband and I wanted to have APs for the next two years and if we can I would much prefer the prior price.

Thanks for any replies, I've been a long time lurker but been terrible at actually contributing! :duck:

Question for those of you buying from Sam's Club today. Is that something I'm able to do if I already have a voucher in my account and I'm not headed to the parks until the beginning of August? My husband and I wanted to have APs for the next two years and if we can I would much prefer the prior price.

Thanks for any replies, I've been a long time lurker but been terrible at actually contributing! :duck:
Yes you can keep them even if you already have a voucher. They don’t expire until 2030 I believe. An easy thing to do would be to add “family members” to your guest list (really just your name slightly adjusted maybe with your middle name). Then you can assign the tickets to that until you’re ready to use them. If they haven’t been activated you can switch them to any of your guests

Yes you can keep them even if you already have a voucher. They don’t expire until 2030 I believe. An easy thing to do would be to add “family members” to your guest list (really just your name slightly adjusted maybe with your middle name). Then you can assign the tickets to that until you’re ready to use them. If they haven’t been activated you can switch them to any of your guests

I am just completing a purchase of APs through ticketsatwork. And it is asking for the names for each ticket holder stating that it is nontransferable and we will need valid ID to match the names on the tickets.

Presumably this is more about squeezing the most they can out of DVC members.

They know they have you tied in under DVC which they can't really squeeze you directly on. So they crank up the price from APs that you need instead.

I am just completing a purchase of APs through ticketsatwork. And it is asking for the names for each ticket holder stating that it is nontransferable and we will need valid ID to match the names on the tickets.
Hmm idk. Mine are definitely transferable so maybe the ones through ticketsatwork are different. I’ve never used them before

If I recall correctly (someone correct me if I am wrong) when you buy through Disney it says the same thing but I’ve always been able to transfer them. I think it says the same thing with regular tickets too, but always been able to transfer those too.

I believe it is more about once you activate (AP) or use (ticket) that you can no longer transfer.

Glad people are finding a work around to get the lower price. In my opinion, it show poor planning to have to jack up prices so much as once. You would think they would consider phasing in increases to lessen to pain.

If I recall correctly (someone correct me if I am wrong) when you buy through Disney it says the same thing but I’ve always been able to transfer them. I think it says the same thing with regular tickets too, but always been able to transfer those too.

I believe it is more about once you activate (AP) or use (ticket) that you can no longer transfer.

Perfect!

Anyway, I don't expect to need to transfer. Then again, I thought that about the 7 day flex tix I now have to sell or something as it expires at the end of this year.

Omg thank you guys for the Sam's Club information! I might buy it when I get off work even it's just one at the original price and the other at the new price. I'd still be saving at least $100. Just have to have the courage to pull the trigger.

Ticketsatwork...I'm assuming your employer has to be a member to use them?

Yep. Check your employer benefits package. If u can't get your hands on it, try googling up your company name + tickets at work /working advantage / plum as many employers post these benefits (and the codes) publicly. You don't have to use your employee email to sign up if u use the company code - u can use your personal email too. I am often lazy to hunt for DH's paperwork and go online to look up his employee handbooks, etc lol.

We have been buying APs every other year for awhile now. Started buying them at $600. This is too much. We were going to upgrade in August from our 10 day ticket package we bought but not at that price. Joined sams club 5 minutes ago and bought 4 passes. They were even discounted from the old price! This will probably be our last set of APs so we are really going to get the most out of them

Sam’s club and AAA both have annual passes at the previous price. Many of us bought from sam’s Today and already have them linked to our MDEs

I just did this except I haven’t linked them yet. How do I link my tickets with just the confirmation email? Thanks!

Thank you for the tip. I just mine from Tickets at Work. Got three passes and saved over $800. I am getting close to throwing in the towel, but I want DD to be able to ride all the 40" rides first. Now I'm covered until winter of 2021. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter