AP Price Increase?

Goofy for 1971

Earning My Ears
Looking to buy my first AP ever. I'm a DVC member and going for the new pass they offer. Doesn't anyone know if prices are going to increase in the next month or so? Trying to hold out to buy until November for our January trip.

Looking to buy my first AP ever. I'm a DVC member and going for the new pass they offer. Doesn't anyone know if prices are going to increase in the next month or so? Trying to hold out to buy until November for our January trip.
The APs went up in price in October last year, I am expecting the same this year. Disney even told the Orlando Sentinel to expect new AP benefits this fall, which is what it did last year -- added the Memory Maker at the same time as the price increase.

I forget the site to check but I remember looking this up and historically I think it was October that aps go up in price and there has only been a few exceptions to a different time of year or a second time in the same year they changed.

please correct me if I'm wrong or you know the site as my googling didnt' find it.

Maybe a stupid question: I'm also a DVC owner. I have never purchased an AP, because I go only once a year.
However, I'm planning on going 3 times in 2019, so I plan on getting an AP.
Does the AP clock start ticking the first time it is used?

Maybe a stupid question: I'm also a DVC owner. I have never purchased an AP, because I go only once a year.
Yes :)

No. The date you activate it (redeem your voucher in person) is your renewal date. so it'll work for 366 days including that day. (367 if leap day is during your year).

No. The date you activate it (redeem your voucher in person) is your renewal date. so it'll work for 366 days including that day. (367 if leap day is during your year).
So in other words, if you activate it by redeeming the voucher at, I assume, customer relations?, 3 days before you actually enter a park, you would "lose" those 3 days. Is that correct?

So in other words, if you activate it by redeeming the voucher at, I assume, customer relations?, 3 days before you actually enter a park, you would "lose" those 3 days. Is that correct?
Yes if you go to guest services outside of a park or a ticket booth to activate the pass the year starts from that date not the date you actually enter the park so in your example you would lose 3 days. But if you buy an AP voucher today you can hold it for a year or longer without activating it. The clock starts ticking when it is activated on site not on the date of an offsite purchase (i.e. Online, over the phone)

cmnj filled you in but you activate it at any ticket booth or customer relations.

The APs went up in price in October last year, I am expecting the same this year. Disney even told the Orlando Sentinel to expect new AP benefits this fall, which is what it did last year -- added the Memory Maker at the same time as the price increase.

Thank you so much! I had a feeling that October was probably when they go up. I was trying to be ready to purchase this month, so guess it will be a "must".

How long can you hold on to AP vouchers? Do they expire (like a year from purchase date?)

I just purchased a DVC AP and linked it to MDE. There is a note in MDE that it expires in 2030. I'm guessing it will stay that way until I enter the park for the first time using the new AP. Which will be next week!!! :yay:

Are you talking about the gold pass or have the new passses been announced?
The Sentinel had an article saying a new structure was coming, so not sure which you're talking about.

MG

Are you talking about the gold pass or have the new passses been announced?
The Sentinel had an article saying a new structure was coming, so not sure which you're talking about.

They don't announce AP changes, they just happen and you can't buy the old ones anymore.. It's coming just because it's almost October and thats when disney changes APs.

But it was announced there would be changes coming.

ehh.. I guess the recently orlando sentinel with disney official quoted is an announcement of changes coming..

However exactly what they are won't be known until they are released for purchase and the old ones are no longer available. I see some new florida resident passes are in the works and the rest sounded more like they would be adding on some perks (but I think this is more to compete with universal that loves their passholders and keeps giving them things like party dates before everyone else, etc)...

ehh.. I guess the recently orlando sentinel with disney official quoted is an announcement of changes coming..

However exactly what they are won't be known until they are released for purchase and the old ones are no longer available. I see some new florida resident passes are in the works and the rest sounded more like they would be adding on some perks (but I think this is more to compete with universal that loves their passholders and keeps giving them things like party dates before everyone else, etc)...
Well, I never claimed to know what changes were coming, just heard that changes *were* coming.

Interpret it as you wish.

MG

Have price increases ever happen on week days instead of weekend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter