AP question, booking or not and even going or not

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hi again !

I´m back from my non Disney summer vacation and we had a great time at the German north shore beach.

Its good to be back at the board and the planning for my next DLP trip is starting now.

1. AP and 6 more month

My APs are valid until 28.08.15. I will get us new APs(of course via post) and ask for the 6 more month offer.

Am I right that the new APs will be valid until 26.01.17 :

28.08.15 - one year - 27.08.15 - 6 more month - 26.01.17 ??

2. SQL GF

There is a 2 days free offer at the Irish site at the moment. The price for our stay will be 692,- € for a normal room or 932,- € for a GF room. I never stayed at a GF room so what do you thing is the +240,- € worth it ?

3. Booking

The 2 days offer is great but I always book with a 35 or 40% and kids under 12 years free offer. For a longer stay this will be the better option. Will there be such an offer in the future ?

4. Go or stay at home

I guess this is one of the biggest question in the year 2016. Go or stay at home with all these closed attractions ?

BTM, Star Tours, Peter Pan will be closed and these are our favourite rides...beside others.

Will it be worth going without these rides ?

A lot of questions and I´m glad to be back here again to ask them.

Lets go......

:disrocks:

Thorsten

lol, I'm faced with the same dilemma....made even worse by the fact that I haven't visited for ages (Christmas 2013)!

I'm leaning towards waiting until 2017. I know there is still plenty of magic to be had without our favourite rides, but it really wouldn't be the same....

I would wait until 2017. IASW, Casey Jr and the riverboats are closed when I go and that's bad enough even if all the main attractions are open. I can't imagine what it'd be like with all those closures.

I think there's going to be alot of disruption until the Anniversary year comes along, personally, I'd hold out till 2017

It might have been a coincidence, but when we visited just before the 20th aniversary (in February 2012), a lot was closed as well but as compensation there were loads of characters. We met Smee, Tigger, Alladin, Mr and Mrs Incredible, Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum, Rafiki, Eeyore, Gepetto, Hook, Judge Frollo, Donald, Friar Tuck, Emile and Remi, Esmeralda, Mad Hatter and the governor from Pocahontas, all of them just outside, not during planned meets or character dining. Most of them came out with the main street vehicles which drove to the central plaza and there they got off to do the meets. So I think there might be a good chance that Disney will do something extra because of all the closures.

Assuming the refurb stops in September 2016 as suggested in the programme, December 2016 should be a safe bet?

hs0vvc.jpg

I might be wrong but I think there will some more refub later in 2016 but they are just no shown here... the 25th celebration will start in April 2017 so they will another half a year to do some other attractions as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter