• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP question

Disneyfn420

DIS Veteran
I am planning on buying my first AP as a DVC member. I want to buy it before my trip so I can add FP to it. So to do that I have to add it to MDE. I also purchase items on the parks app from time to time. My question is, will my AP automatically be linked to my account in the shopping app? I don't need it for a discount as I have my DVC, but I don't want the year to start before I actually go to the parks. I just want to make sure if I buy something on the app it doesn't trigger my AP into starting.

If you pre-purchase your AP, you (regardless of delivery method) will receive what Disney calls an Exchange Certificate (aka Voucher). This must be linked to your MDE account to enable advance FP+ selections. The only way to activate a pre-purchased AP is in person at either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location at WDW.

The AP discount does not apply to online purchases from the Disney Store and the AP, whether via the voucher number or the actual AP number, cannot be linked to your account with the Disney Store.

Will the AP certificate/voucher still get you restaurant discounts even though it has yet to be "activated"?

Will the AP certificate/voucher still get you restaurant discounts even though it has yet to be "activated"?
Yes & no. If it's a reservation that you prepay for (e.g. CRT), then a CM can make the reservation at the AP discounted price. However you will need to show your activated AP when you arrive to keep that price. Anything that isn't prepaid will also need the activated AP to be discount eligible.

I don't need it for a discount as I have my DVC, but I don't want the year to start before I actually go to the parks. I just want to make sure if I buy something on the app it doesn't trigger my AP into starting.

My Parks App automatically shows both my DVC & AP affiliation, just by using my normal Disney login. I haven't tried to buy anything since the AP was added, so I'm not sure if it would actually give the AP discount before it's activated. I can't imagine it would trigger your AP activation though, at least not without some obvious warnings of what would happen. Otherwise people would be freaking out about their APs being messed up all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter