AP Questions...yea I know...ugh...AP's

Murron

DIS Veteran
AP Questions. I have a DVC Gold Pass that I will likely activate in October. Will I have to pay anything if they change it to Sorcerer pass? Hoping not. Also, when/if I renew the Sorcerer AP next year, are the rules still the same insomuch as the 12 months begins upon activation of the AP? Thanks!

AP Questions. I have a DVC Gold Pass that I will likely activate in October. Will I have to pay anything if they change it to Sorcerer pass? Hoping not. Also, when/if I renew the Sorcerer AP next year, are the rules still the same insomuch as the 12 months begins upon activation of the AP? Thanks!

There should be no additional cost for the Gold when it converts to Sorcerer when you activate it. There was not for me when I activated last year.

In terms for renewing next year, a renewal is just a continuation of the previous pass so it will expire 1 year from the previous expiration date. My pass expires 3/31 and when I renew next year, the renewal will automatically start on 4/1 and go through 3.31.24. Only a new AP will allow you to start it on the date of activation and Disney is not currently selling the new ones (only renewals).

The Gold AP voucher will be redeemed as a DVC Sorcerer AP with Memory Maker. You will not have to pay any additional money.

If you renew, the clock for the renewal starts on the day that the existing AP expires.

Since you paid for a Gold pass, which included Memory Maker, you'll get the "DVC Sorcerer AP with PhotoPass downloads" when you activate your renewal voucher. When you renew next year, if Disney doesn't change anything before then (big IF!), you'll have to pay extra for the PhotoPass downloads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter