AP rate for GF rooms ? any get one ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Were there any AP rates for GF rooms for June/July ?
Thanks ! :cool1:

I am also looking for past ap rates for the GF. We will be going during value season. Can you post your room type, season, and per night rate? Thanks for the help!

I got 7 nights at GF, Lagoon View (only type available when I called) for early/mid August. $410 rack rate - $74 = $335/night (plus tax)

for 7 nights mid-July- GV for $274. That was only $22 less than the AAA rate. I was really hoping for something better. I thought the AP rate was at least $100 off rack rate. This is only $75! When it looked like there would be no general codes, I had finally been planning to buy an AP but this rate does not make it worth it if I cannot go again this year. I'm still undecided about what to do!

PavelB ~ Don't get me wrong, I wish the rack rates were lower and that the Passholder rates were better, but you must admit that saving $525 on the room PLUS admission to the park for your whole trip (which has also gotten quite expensive) pays for the AP a couple times over...

but the way I figure it I am only saving $154 with the AP over the AAA rate. Now if the AP is $550, and the 7 day MYW are about $300, I am paying an extra $250 for park admission. So, the AP costs me an about extra $100.
Please tell me if I am missing something.
(I have to get passes that cover the water parks and disneyquest)

BTW, we always go to WDW in July. That is the only month we can all go together. Depending on camps and such, it is not always the same week, sometimes later in the month than other times. Last year we had to go the last week of July, this year we can only go the second week. Unfortunately, I think next year it will have to be towards the end of July again. So, I think this year's AP would be no good. However, I am hoping for the first time next year to be able to take a vacation the last week of April with just two of my kids. Then the AP would work. But at this point I'm not certain. Maybe if I buy the AP that will force me to find a way to get there!

Why are you getting the premium ap passes? I am buying a regular one for myself and myw park hopper bonus passes for everyone else. That way on TL day only I will need to buy a pass and I believe it will be cheaper with my AP.

but my kids love the water parks any every year we do TL and Blizzard Beach. They also love Disneyquest and Wide World of Sports. It's funny how as your family gets older a WDW vacation changes. That's what's so great about Disney and that's why they want to go back year after year.-- When they were little I would not have needed the premium pass, but now I do!

Those Premium passes are so expensive!!
The rates ARE very, very high. You're paying for real estate and 24-hour Disney Magic;
During part of my summer stay I'm going to try the Ritz Carlton b/c I love Ritz Carltons (only stayed at NYC, St. Louis and Atlanta Buckhead but several times at each of those...) and they really are fabulous. My rate (thru AmEx Platinum Travel) is unbelieveable - $199/night plus tax; I will get an automatic room category upgrade, if available, at check-in and DD and I will get breakfast every day (probably $25 per person credit) plus lunch once during our stay. I am guaranteed late check-out (4pm); guess that is more of a plug for AmEx than for the Ritz but for $199 I'm quite sure I'll get just as much luxury as at GF for their bargain basement of $274... Something to think about... Of course, the bottom line is, I won't be on WDW property but we won't be leaving the resort on those days so it's no skin off my nose!!

Never buy an Annual pass counting on discounts making it worth the purchase. Buy an annual pass for the ticket benefit only. If you get any discount at all with it, that is just an added bonus.

With bookings up at all Disney resorts, the discounts are not going to be as deep as they have been in the past. Disney would love to book all their rooms at rack rate and a certain amount off seems to be the new trend in the AP rates instead of the previous percentage.

johnsonet said:
Those Premium passes are so expensive!!
The rates ARE very, very high. You're paying for real estate and 24-hour Disney Magic;
During part of my summer stay I'm going to try the Ritz Carlton b/c I love Ritz Carltons (only stayed at NYC, St. Louis and Atlanta Buckhead but several times at each of those...) and they really are fabulous. My rate (thru AmEx Platinum Travel) is unbelieveable - $199/night plus tax; I will get an automatic room category upgrade, if available, at check-in and DD and I will get breakfast every day (probably $25 per person credit) plus lunch once during our stay. I am guaranteed late check-out (4pm); guess that is more of a plug for AmEx than for the Ritz but for $199 I'm quite sure I'll get just as much luxury as at GF for their bargain basement of $274... Something to think about... Of course, the bottom line is, I won't be on WDW property but we won't be leaving the resort on those days so it's no skin off my nose!!

You are so right, it is definitely price based on location at Disney.

I got GF, GV 7/9 - 7/16 for 274/night not including tax. Like someone mentioned..it's only 22 dollars/night different than AAA so after buying the AP (regular not premium) I'm pretty much breaking even. However...my ticket will be paid for when we go on another trip and there are meal discounts 20% with the DDE card. So figure that in. We do table service one meal a day so I'm looking at saving well over 200 bucks in food alone!

We do go to TL one day but I figured you can just buy a pass for that day. It's discounted for AP holders instead of paying that huge premium for just a day at the water park here and there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter