AP Rates and DU

kkozma

ME now, FLA Later
Has anyone heard from their rep that they got you an AP rate? Thanks. :confused3

I got an email from my agent Sue Ellen asking if I wanted it applied (because the saving wasn't alot, over my AAA rate since I wasn't orginally planning on purchasing an AP, and I was really hoping for something with the dining plan) and she listed the costs with and without it. I emailed her back that I did want it, and that was the last I heard. But the price is updated to reflect the AP rate on my reservation page at DU. Have you checked your reservation page? Also don't hesitate to email your agent.

I just heard from my rep Marla, she is covering for Cathy Lord and I got the AP rate for Poly and saved $752. Boy they are so good!! :cool1:

WOOHOO!!! Good for you! :cool1: We are staying 5 nights BC, 5 nights AKL savannah, and 1 night Poly (Disney cruise in between AKL and Poly). I saved a total of $219 from our AAA rates after you factor in the difference in cost between buying 1 AP instead of a 10 day park ticket. Total savings off rack rate, not taking into account extra AP cost is $840! Gotta love it. :cool1: Now I 'm gonna go look into DDE, since with the Ap we get it for $50, and figure out if that'll be worth it for us.

Marla is wonderful :flower: I heard from her a little bit ago that not only did she get the AP rate applied to our ressie, but she also made the PS I had requested for 90 days from today! I don't think this PS is one that HAD to be made right at the 90 day mark so I certainly would have understood if she hadn't been able to make it this morning or even any time today. And she's covering for another agent. Wow! I'm really impressed :flower:

I heard from mine, Merrie Thomas, but the AP rate was MORE than the AAA rate for LV Concierger Polynesian :(

Marla is covering for my agent Ann too. She got me an AP for the AKL. She is brilliant.

Let's give a big thumbs up for Marla!!! She has also done all my PS's and requests for my room. For me -DU is the way to go.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :thewave:

kkozma said:
Let's give a big thumbs up for Marla!!! She has also done all my PS's and requests for my room. For me -DU is the way to go.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :thewave:

They must have worked sooo hard today. BRILLIANT

Sue Ellen is awesome! :cool1:

I just checked my DU ressie page and she has applied AP rate to all of my reservations.

She has not emailed me, but I figured they are just swamped right now and don't have time to send out the emails.

zippehsmom :flower:

Just got home and had an email from Merrie Thomas. An AP rate was available for WL and would save us more than the AAA rate, even with the extra cost for an AP. Plus, now I can buy a DDE card and save on our food!

Hope the rate is still available when she checks back. Keeping my fingers crossed! Why was I so busy this morning of all mornings!!!

My sister is using Dream Come True Vacations and she a courtyard view at WL for July 10 - 18 AP rate from her agent this morning. She got an email at 8:30a.m. saying it it was done.

I hate to post this here, but I'm having email problems--
I'm trying to get emails out but there is something wrong with my Outlook program that I'm trying to resolve.
AP rates have been applied though.
Sue Ellen

So do you have a better chance of getting an AP rate if you use DU or if you do it on your own?

mommykds said:
So do you have a better chance of getting an AP rate if you use DU or if you do it on your own?
Depends on if you like being on the phone at 6:58am EST.....

I think your odds are about the same, its just that these travel agents are on the phone all the time - and they start early in the day working for you.

Well it looks like I did not get a rate according to their website and I did not hear from my agent yet. Still hoping though because they came through last time. :rolleyes1

DU came through as I hoped. I got the AP rate for the rest of my trip so now the AP has basically paid for itself even without our DDE discounts. :cheer2: In total for the week I saved almost $300 off my AAA rate at the GF.

Our rooms weren't available with an AP discount, so my DU wasn't able to get it for us. We're staying at the WL, concierge, July 5 - 7, and then Polynesian lagoon concierge July 7 - 10. Oh well. At least I was able to get the AAA discount on the WL portion of the trip way back when I booked it. Paying rack rate for the Polynesian concierge portion of the trip.

I'm saving a whopping $30 total over AAA rates at AKL Concierge for July 21-24. Grumble. I have to say, though, that Beth at DU is fabulous! The reason I knew AP rates were out was because I got an email from her this am saying I already had the rates. I just wish the discount were better...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter