AP renewal information

aengus

<font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f
I have an annual pass that part of the deal was it needs to be activated by December 15th this year.

Does anyone know what happens if I am not there? Does it just begin as of December 15th or is that a problem?

TIA :)

1- I have an annual pass that part of the deal was it needs to be activated by December 15th this year.

2- Does anyone know what happens if I am not there? Does it just begin as of December 15th or is that a problem?

1- Who made this "deal" with you?

2- I've never heard of anything like this for a regular AP.

I too have an AP question....if ours expires by May 15, 2014, but we are not going to be there until after that, is there a way to still renew it?

This may be one of the DVC AP sales from last fall. They do have to be activated by this Dec.

I have heard rumors that if you don't activate it you may get credit towards a new Premium
AP at current pricing. (Around $100 difference). But no guarantee they don't have to do anything

yes, sorry. This was the DVC offer they had last fall. My current AP expires in October but after my next trip. I was hoping to push the time out as much as I can but sounds like I should just activate it last day of my trip.

Thanks for all the info

The DVC PAP gives you until 12/31 to activate it. So that's not the OP's AP.

And the OP is asking about a *renewal* in the subject line but activation in the body of the question. aengus if you're asking about an AP that is already in use, but expires 12/15, there's no auto-renewal of passes. You have to do something about it; have them renew it or not.

If you're asking about activation, I think we'd need to know more info. Because I, like Robo, haven't heard of such a date for an AP deal.

LOL my phrasing did sound fishy didnt it. That is what happens when I write a message on an iPhone :)

The DVC PAP gives you until 12/31 to activate it. So that's not the OP's AP.

And the OP is asking about a *renewal* in the subject line but activation in the body of the question. aengus if you're asking about an AP that is already in use, but expires 12/15, there's no auto-renewal of passes. You have to do something about it; have them renew it or not.

If you're asking about activation, I think we'd need to know more info. Because I, like Robo, haven't heard of such a date for an AP deal.

Sorry no, that is correct. I just thought the date was 12/15. So I am assuming from all the other posts now that I do have to activate this when I am there in October even though my current one won't be expired for a few days later. That sound about right?

1. The special DVC PAP promotion from last year requires that the voucher (or exchange certificate or will-call reservation) be converted to an actual AP by 12/31/13.

2. It is my personal opinion that if this is not done that the voucher will still have the value of $399 plus tax, and may be used toward the purchase of any pass with a higher value beginning 1/1/14. This may have to be done at a Guest Relations location with a manager approval as an "exception to policy". However, I think that it would be done.

3. As far as a renewal, if you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #15-G, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

1. The special DVC PAP promotion from last year requires that the voucher (or exchange certificate or will-call reservation) be converted to an actual AP by 12/31/13.

2. It is my personal opinion that if this is not done that the voucher will still have the value of $399 plus tax, and may be used toward the purchase of any pass with a higher value beginning 1/1/14. This may have to be done at a Guest Relations location with a manager approval as an "exception to policy". However, I think that it would be done.

3. As far as a renewal, if you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #15-G, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Thank you so much. I caused plenty of confusion with my wording and I appreciate you all helping me anyway :rotfl:

I am not actually renewing an AP. I bought the DVC deal last year and will be visiting again next week. My current AP will not expire until I go home. I was just trying to find out if I could basically ignore it, and the starting date of the AP would be the deadline date of 12/31.

I can see now that my best choice is to activate the ticket on my last day of the vacation in order to gain the most value.

Thanks again! and sorry for all the confusion I caused :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter