AP renewal Question

Fitswimmer

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I got my first AP last June at my first DVC visit. I'm going back May 16-19, after that the earliest I will be able to go again will be November. Should I do my renewal before I come leave May 19th or should I do it online in June?

How does the calendar work?

If it were me, I would not renew. It would be more cost effective to let the old one expire and get a new one in Nov.

Disney, bring back the AP renewal vouchers!!!

If it were me, I would not renew. It would be more cost effective to let the old one expire and get a new one in Nov.

Disney, bring back the AP renewal vouchers!!!

I agree - The difference in cost between the renewal and a new one is not that great and you would then have one that is good through Nov 2008 instead of June.

I agree - The difference in cost between the renewal and a new one is not that great and you would then have one that is good through Nov 2008 instead of June.

Agreed... We have APs and plan upon allowing them to expire after their second use within one year. (We make an annual pilgramage...)

In our case, we'll get vouchers for new APs and exchange them on our "third" visit, which will allow us entry for a "fourth" visit during the second year.

I thought that AP renewal vouchers did still exist.:confused3 I've purchased them in past years to beat a price increase. Of course, it's been some years now since the vouchers afforded a new "anniversary date."

I agree in this case it is best to let the APs expire.

I thought that AP renewal vouchers did still exist.:confused3 I've purchased them in past years to beat a price increase. Of course, it's been some years now since the vouchers afforded a new "anniversary date."

I agree in this case it is best to let the APs expire.

AP vouchers do exist, AP renewal vouchers sadly, do not.
Back in the old days (>7 years a go or so) when your AP expired, you could renew and they would give you a voucher. That way the activation date was the date you cashed in the voucher, not your renewal anniversary date.

I really really wish Disney would return to that !!:sad2:

Thanks for the help. I really hadn't thought about the expiration of the new AP. I usually get down three times a year, so the AP is really worth the price.

I'll have to check on the website for the difference in price, I didn't realize it was that close.

AP vouchers do exist, AP renewal vouchers sadly, do not.
Back in the old days (>7 years a go or so) when your AP expired, you could renew and they would give you a voucher. That way the activation date was the date you cashed in the voucher, not your renewal anniversary date.

I really really wish Disney would return to that !!:sad2:

But I think renewal vouchers still exist. Unless I have gone completely brain dead (a real possibility), I have purchased them. As I said they just don't allow for a new anniversary date as they did in the good old days that we both remember.

And I do remember quite clearly renewing an AP with the DVC discount using will call when our son was able to join us at the last moment. His AP had expired at the beginning of the month and I called to renew toward the end of Jan 05. Had there been time to mail it, I'm sure we would have gotten the renewal voucher.

Where is GoldenOldie?:rotfl:

We always let ours expire and then purchase new ones. I would love to see as a DVC perk they come out with a systems whereby you could renew your AP from DVC and then be given a voucher that gives you say, a four month window to activate, otherwise it activates itself automatically. It just seems like such a shame to constantly get a new AP when there should be an easier method.

But I think renewal vouchers still exist. Unless I have gone completely brain dead (a real possibility), I have purchased them. As I said they just don't allow for a new anniversary date as they did in the good old days that we both remember.

And I do remember quite clearly renewing an AP with the DVC discount using will call when our son was able to join us at the last moment. His AP had expired at the beginning of the month and I called to renew toward the end of Jan 05. Had there been time to mail it, I'm sure we would have gotten the renewal voucher.

Where is GoldenOldie?:rotfl:

Ok, let me rephrase, I wish they would come back with AP renewal vouchers that have no date on them!! Like back in the good old days :thumbsup2

I have bought several AP vouchers with DVC discount, just no renewal vouchers without a date on them.

Thanks for the help. I really hadn't thought about the expiration of the new AP. I usually get down three times a year, so the AP is really worth the price.

I'll have to check on the website for the difference in price, I didn't realize it was that close.
With tax included, renewing an Adult AP saves you $32 over the cost of a new AP. If you also need the prices for the child's AP, the info can be found here: http://allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm

With tax included, renewing an Adult AP saves you $32 over the cost of a new AP. If you also need the prices for the child's AP, the info can be found here: http://allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm

Good point, Lisa, but for us not renewing and getting a new AP makes more sense. Instead of getting only one more use out of the renewed AP (using it again next year, so to speak), we get two uses out of a new AP. We go the same time every year, just maybe adjust by a week or so to accommodate using the AP twice.

Maybe I didn't make things too clear earlier....:confused3

Good point, Lisa, but for us not renewing and getting a new AP makes more sense. Instead of getting only one more use out of the renewed AP (using it again next year, so to speak), we get two uses out of a new AP. We go the same time every year, just maybe adjust by a week or so to accommodate using the AP twice.

Maybe I didn't make things too clear earlier....:confused3
I'm sorry if I'm confusing things here. When the OP posted "I'll have to check on the website for the difference in price", I read that as a request for the actual price difference between renewing and buying a new AP. Sorry if I misread the post! It's been a busy day today and I'm a little drained.

I do agree with all the advice provided in this thread that the small savings on a renewal does not make up for the loss of use given that the renewed AP keeps the original anniversary date. I thought that posting the actual price difference would reinforce the opinions already expressed in this thread.

I'm sorry if I'm confusing things here. When the OP posted "I'll have to check on the website for the difference in price", I read that as a request for the actual price difference between renewing and buying a new AP. Sorry if I misread the post! It's been a busy day today and I'm a little drained.

I do agree with all the advice provided in this thread that the small savings on a renewal does not make up for the loss of use given that the renewed AP keeps the original anniversary date. I thought that posting the actual price difference would reinforce the opinions already expressed in this thread.

I've had one of those days too.... maybe it's me that's caused any confusion.

I hope you are well...

I've had one of those days too.... maybe it's me that's caused any confusion.
Among other things, I've been dealing with my car insurance today. A runaway shopping cart bashed my brand new car, causing $600-$800 in damage. :sad1: The deductible on my comprehensive coverage would just about cover an AP renewal!

I hope you are well...
Thanks. I needed that. I hope your day improves as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter