AP renewal rate?

Mikeyboy

Earning My Ears
I understand that it is cheaper to renew your AP than it was to buy it. Exactly how much do you save?

We renewed ours in December and I think we only saved $20 or $30 per AP.

I just renwed my AP 2 days ago, I paid $350 for the renewal, which I believe is about $45 cheaper then purchasing a new pass. But you save on both a new AP and the renewal if you have the Disney Club.

I would have saved as much for my Florida Resident AP to renew it as I would have to have bought it new with my AAA discount within a buck or 2

So then is it cheaper to renew the AP or buy a new one, using the DC discount? We have APs and they expire 12/27/03 so I'm wondering if we should renew them or buy AP vouchers using our DC discount and then just activate them on our 6/04 trip? We're not too concerned with getting another 6 months out of the passes since we probably won't go back again by 6/05, but we just want to figure out which way is cheaper to get our next AP.

Originally posted by justhat
So then is it cheaper to renew the AP or buy a new one, using the DC discount? We have APs and they expire 12/27/03 so I'm wondering if we should renew them or buy AP vouchers using our DC discount and then just activate them on our 6/04 trip? We're not too concerned with getting another 6 months out of the passes since we probably won't go back again by 6/05, but we just want to figure out which way is cheaper to get our next AP.
Your best bet would just to buy new APs. The reason I say this is if your current APs are expiring in December and you get the renewal voucher and activate it when you go in June of 2004, you will have lost 6 months! Disney doesn't count the days from when you activate it. It goes from current AP to new AP. So if you were to purchase the renewal voucher for your current AP, it doesn't matter when you "activate" it, the time-frame that the renewl is good for would be from 12/27/03 to 12/27/04 not from when you would activate it in 6/04. Does that make sense? I know it is confusing.

Yes, your reply does make sense HauntedMansionFan, thanks. I think I asked my question in a confused manner, however. I meant, should we renew our APs using hte renewal discount, or should we purchase new AP vouchers and then activate them when we go in June 2004? I know that if we buy new ones we'll get another 6 months to use them (6/05 instead of 12/04), but will it be cheaper to buy new ones (using our DC discount since we would buy the new APs before the DC ends) or is it cheaper to renew the current APs with the renewal discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter