AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or like most of the well to do families that have and Escalade or suburban …..
And it gets 18 miles per gallon…..and I was in chicago recently and there was closer to 6 bucks a gallon….

Also I don’t know if you have ever driven 1300 miles but that pretty much ruins any vacation for me, and I’m sure I’m not alone in that…..

Then to have to do it again…. You would spend 4 days of driving getting to and from Florida.

We drive from central NJ and yes it's a long ride, we do it in two days so not as bad as straight through. Two years ago we did the return trip straight through due to a predicted snow storm and when we got home I was so stiff I could hardly walk. LOL Also this is the reason my DH wants to park the car when we get to WDW and not move it again until it's time to go home.

Driving is still cheaper than flying even with one night's lodging in both directions. With some of the behavior I have seen on the news of how people behave on flights these days I don't want to fly anywhere. JMHO

Or like most of the well to do families that have and Escalade or suburban …..
And it gets 18 miles per gallon…..and I was in chicago recently and there was closer to 6 bucks a gallon….

Also I don’t know if you have ever driven 1300 miles but that pretty much ruins any vacation for me, and I’m sure I’m not alone in that…..

Then to have to do it again…. You would spend 4 days of driving getting to and from Florida.
We drive from Canada (just across the river from Detroit Michigan) on a fairly consistent basis and so do *many* other Canadians. Once you add up a family of 4/5/6, it's really a no-brainer to drive if you have the time and inclination. It's not our favourite thing to do, but it also gives us a certain freedom (of schedule and of movement) once we arrive in Florida, that you just don't get when you fly.

Last edited:
I think a certain percentage of folks will move to universal vacations to stretch their dollar - but if we are being honest universal is a different product than Disney. When I’m above 60 - I will have to wonder what there really is to do at universal for a whole week - certainly not ride velocicoaster or the mummy lol. Heck , I don’t even want to do that now.

I think a certain percentage of folks will move to universal vacations to stretch their dollar - but if we are being honest universal is a different product than Disney. When I’m above 60 - I will have to wonder what there really is to do at universal for a whole week - certainly not ride velocicoaster or the mummy lol. Heck , I don’t even want to do that now.

We went once to Universal and to be honest, I have no desire to go back.

But, I know my adult children might and will use DVC for part of a stay for visiting there in conjunction with WDW.

I just can’t see there not being any level of a yearly pass. But I do think it will be a different program and maybe one that is tiered better for those who are local, those who are DVC and those who are simply cash guests.

That is what I would love! As mentioned, I don’t need what a local needs, but I do need/want something more cost effective than a multi day ticket

We drive from Canada (just across the river from Detroit Michigan) on a fairly consistent basis and so do *many* other Canadians. Once you add up a family of 4/5/6, it's really a no-brainer to drive if you have the time and inclination. It's not our favourite thing to do, but it also gives us a certain freedom (of schedule and of movement) once we arrive in Florida, that you just don't get when you fly.
I’d be lying if a corp relocation to Atlanta wasn’t factored by its proximity to Disney world

For me driving is more or less faster than flying once you factor in airport waits.

Cost driving is a no brainer and the freedom of a car is unbeatable

No more Disney busses

Our family is a perfect age for universal so yes we are doing this. If we could get an AP to WDW (not renewal) in July when we go to visit my DCP daughter would do it in a heartbeat but since that is out APs to Universal are happening. My DCP DD already has hers in fact!

I’m 38 with a 15 & 20 year old thrill kiddos so Universal while not our first love is going to win out since Disney took the AP option off the table.

Last edited:
American have neither the time or inclination….
but time will tell ….
I bet more people are worried about buy groceries this summer than driving to Florida

but time will tell ….
I bet more people are worried about buy groceries this summer than driving to Florida
Agree. Most people (I would say on average) do not get enough time off to "waste" 2-4 of them driving to the location. And yes, by end of summer people will be horrified by pricing and actually realize how its affecting the bottom line in the family budget.

but time will tell ….
I don’t know about that. Quite a few do the drive from MI and TX on the groups I’m in and over on the Transportation board here. I don’t dispute your second point, but as I indicated there are many living hand to mouth right now stretching money they don’t have on a luxury vacation.

Agree. Most people (I would say on average) do not get enough time off to "waste" 2-4 of them driving to the location. And yes, by end of summer people will be horrified by pricing and actually realize how its affecting the bottom line in the family budget.
I feel like my vacation time is precious but for me I have lifelong training of doing crazy stretches of all night “work”. My preferred trip is to leave Friday night after work (from PA) and drive straight through to arrival mid morning Saturday. I admit as I get older my stamina may wain but I am banking on self driving cars by then haha.

I feel like my vacation time is precious but for me I have lifelong training of doing crazy stretches of all night “work”. My preferred trip is to leave Friday night after work (from PA) and drive straight through to arrival mid morning Saturday. I admit as I get older my stamina may wain but I am banking on self driving cars by then haha.
Well, I certainly thought we would be living The Jetsons lifestyle by now so who knows!

My gold annual pass expires 7-16-2022. On MDE it was allowing me to renew my pass for the year. We were at the park on Saturday and I was able to renew our passes to Sorcerer. The cast member was unsure of how to complete the purchase and it ended up taking about 20 minutes.

I don’t know about that. Quite a few do the drive from MI and TX on the groups I’m in and over on the Transportation board here. I don’t dispute your second point, but as I indicated there are many living hand to mouth right now stretching money they don’t have on a luxury vacation.
MCO is the 4th busiest airport in the country.
it is not a hub,
it as very few international fights.
it is not in the middle of the county….

80,000 people went into or out of MCO on SUNDAY….. to see a mouse

Back when we used to live in CT, we drove to WDW (even though I fly for the airlines and can fly free).

My wife is not a good flier, but more importantly we made the drive fun and part of the vacation.
That’s easy on the way to WDW, but a tall order on the way home.

Hope that did not derail the topic.

MCO is the 4th busiest airport in the country.
it is not a hub,
it as very few international fights.
it is not in the middle of the county….

80,000 people went into or out of MCO on SUNDAY….. to see a mouse
Sure. Doesn’t mean people don’t drive or won’t drive to save money. I live in North America and am perfectly aware where Florida is. I originally started this thread to talk about AP sales. Perhaps it has run its course and should be closed.

Sure. Doesn’t mean people don’t drive or won’t drive to save money. I live in North America and am perfectly aware where Florida is. I originally started this thread to talk about AP sales. Perhaps it has run its course and should be closed.
See my post above yours. We drove even though it cost us money.

Yes. I know. Anybody who had the precious metals passes can renew them into the character passes. But, the word on the street is the CMs are telling those with the character passes that they will not be able to renew. Disney will offer something else at renewal time and we do not know what that will look like. The new character passes will not begin expiring until September 7th, 2022. Enjoy another year with your new Sorcerer pass.

Except I was given an early renewal of a Sorcerer Pass already when they had to find a solution for my ticket issue.

So, at least in mid May there was nothing preventing them from issuing it.

My actual Sorcerer pass goes until March 2nd, 2023 and my renewal certificate is through 2024.

See my post above yours. We drove even though it cost us money.
We find flying seriously stressful and very expensive. If we fly we can take 1-2 vacations per year. If we drive it’s 2-3.

We are tied to the school calendar for my entire career, so I can see how someone who can travel shoulder seasons can’t understand the appeal of driving 1/3 of the way down the continent.

My father was a long-haul trucker. Toronto- Miami mostly so driving doesn’t seem that abnormal for me. It probably colours my views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter