AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello: We had Annual Passes but because of Covid, we let them expire back in 2020. My question is, can I call Disney about getting new ones. or am I snookered? Thanks Canadian Tom

Hello: We had Annual Passes but because of Covid, we let them expire back in 2020. My question is, can I call Disney about getting new ones. or am I snookered? Thanks Canadian Tom
Sadly, you are indeed snookered...until they start issuing APs again, whenever that will be.

No NEW APs except for 1 very limited Florida residents only…they’re still allowing renewals but are strictly sticking to the 60 day prior to expiration date.

Nope. That appears to be normal too. Still not impacting the newly purchased character passes.

I think it was. This person traded the Gold to Sorcerer in September but it was back dated to July…so when they renewed end of May, it was already a Sorcerer pass that was renewed 60 days out.

While new Sorcerer passes didn’t happen until September 9th, those with Gold renewal certificates who didn’t convert to an actual gold pass by September 8th, were given the new pass, but many had late July or August dates because there were renewal s.

So, there are definitely character passes, like Sorcerer out there already up for renewal. .

Both My pass and this one would indeed be actual sorcerer passes that were renewed for another year already.

Last edited:
But they are character passes with metal pass roots. But, I hope you are right.
I’m confused by this. Once they became a Sorcerer pass, why would it be any different than one that started that way?

I think it is more the point that it was indeed a Sorcerer Pass when it was renewed again end of May

This doesn’t mean that a new program isn’t in the works, but they have not stopped all people who have a current Sorcerer, and are within 60 days, to renew it as Sorcerer.

If it were me, I’d be using them. Any changes to current program should be known by then.
Thanks!
In December 2021, I was told by a CM at Guest Services that she wasn’t sure how long they would be allowed to convert the metals to characters.

We were going in to activate our platinum passes which turned into incredi-pass plus MM. She noticed we had more platinum vouchers linked and said that while they can convert them now, she did not know how long they would be able to do so. After that, the value you paid for the voucher would be applied to a new purchase, instead of a straight up one to one conversion.

Oddly she entered our unused platinum (now incredi-pass) vouchers into the system with a 2099 expiry date. But a few minutes after, the system showed an expiry date of Dec 13, 2022. Basically as if we had just bought it and had a year to use it. I was verbally assured by a separate CM that even after expiry I’d be able to use it no problem and wouldn’t have to pay extra for a new incredi-pass, or whatever it is known as at that time.

I called the AP line in May and they were able to “update” our vouchers in the system and now they expire May 25, 2023. Again, just as if I bought it and had one year to use it.

I do not know what any of this means. But to answer your question - I would see what happens closer to the April date. Maybe you book another trip. Or Disney announces what the program looks like and how previous vouchers would be treated as part of the program.
Thanks! You're right, all we can do is wait and see what the program is like, closer to the dates.

The reason we are planning early is DVC requires it. 7 month window for April opens in September. So we need to decide between braving a WDW trip (25 hours each way flying) and continue burning points at Aulani (10 hour flights).

Interestingly, I noticed 3 of the vouchers that I reassigned to a phantom account to avoid accidental use had expiry dates of Dec 31, 2099. The vouchers all had the expiry date of Dec 31, 2030 at the time of purchase. So I reassigned all the tickets between our group. After the exercise, they now all show 2099 expiry. I'll bet Disney I.T. can't wait for all the legacy tickets and APs to become extinct.

Bulk numbers. Bulk numbers. It is not a buy-out like during the pandemic shutdown. I figured there would be a sprinkling of very early character passes up for renewal because of backdating. But the early ones would mostly have metals roots. The bulk number of outstanding character passes will renew in the 60 day window before expiration. So, as I said, that wave of renewals starts July 9th. They will honor the few outstanding ones. If they do a new product that is too different to just renew, then they only have to wait a year until the last of the old product disappears.

Okay. I understand that July 9th is the first date for the new passes.

But, if they are allowing the backdated ones then it does discount to a degree the CM who said none would be allowed.

Obviously that is not true because they have issued them.

I do find it odd that we are only a few weeks out from that date, and nothing official has been updated that the program for WDW is changing.

Our family of 12 have all had exceptions made for us because of us not visiting due to Covid. Call Member services. We all made out very well with our AP's

You and I are on the same page, Sandi. In fact, the closer we get to July 9th without hearing anything the more probable it is that there is not a change coming. Disney did announce on August 4th the news of new passes to be sold September 8th. So there was a little over a month of notice. We are now inside that window.

The info I came across was the stopped sales of all passes and non renewal of Magic Keys at Disneyland. That came from Disney. At the same time we had two posts from members here who were told by two different CMs that WDW character passes would not be renewed. The professional bloggers also posted some info about redesigned passes and we did not know what would be offered at renewal. The paired timing is what caused the alert and watchfulness. I am not an insider. The only thing I can do is take direct and circumstantial evidence and watch the story as it cobbles itself together. Like the bulk numbers concept is a brainstorming thing about what someone trying to manage this thing might think of — like putting myself in their shoes. It is a predictive technique. It was not a report or even necessarily my opinion. It was just brainstorming. Human conduct seldom works with neat pieces like a jigsaw puzzle. We always work in the real environment around us and always without an omniscient command of all facts. This is the way it is in law, in intelligence work and many other professions. But we can do some predictive effort by putting ourselves in their situation. If the variable factors are too significant it probably is an unlikely theory or projection. But watching for the direct and circumstantial details is kind of fun. If it is not appropriate for DISBoards, just tell me and I will not do it. I am good with that too.

Everything you share is great! Always good to have info and other share of experience or info is similar and different.

One thing I did think about was last year, when the new program was announced for character passes, they gave those with Gold certificates..new or renewal..a chance to still activate under those terms by September 8th.

So, if we are up for a new program at some point, you wonder if they will decide to do the same thing?

You and I are on the same page, Sandi. In fact, the closer we get to July 9th without hearing anything the more probable it is that there is not a change coming. Disney did announce on August 4th the news of new passes to be sold September 8th. So there was a little over a month of notice. We are now inside that window.

The info I came across was the stopped sales of all passes and non renewal of Magic Keys at Disneyland. That came from Disney. At the same time we had two posts from members here who were told by two different CMs that WDW character passes would not be renewed. The professional bloggers also posted some info about redesigned passes and we did not know what would be offered at renewal. The paired timing is what caused the alert and watchfulness. I am not an insider. The only thing I can do is take direct and circumstantial evidence and watch the story as it cobbles itself together. Like the bulk numbers concept is a brainstorming thing about what someone trying to manage this thing might think of — like putting myself in their shoes. It is a predictive technique. It was not a report or even necessarily my opinion. It was just brainstorming. Human conduct seldom works with neat pieces like a jigsaw puzzle. We always work in the real environment around us and always without an omniscient command of all facts. This is the way it is in law, in intelligence work and many other professions. But we can do some predictive effort by putting ourselves in their situation. If the variable factors are too significant it probably is an unlikely theory or projection. But watching for the direct and circumstantial details is kind of fun. If it is not appropriate for DISBoards, just tell me and I will not do it. I am good with that too.
I love your posts, @Ms Bibbidi. Please continue! Your thoughts and insights are terrific and so well presented.

I understand they have had annual passes since 1982 — 40 years. So it would be a humongous change to have no annual passes at all.

Everyone knows we cannot buy new passes (except the Pixie at WDW). A Disney spokesperson and two CMs have said we can no longer upgrade or renew any of the newer passes. That is all they are allowed to say.

Here’s a rundown for new people just starting to watch this thread.

The legacy “precious metal” annual passes are still apparently able to renew into the “character” annual passes at WDW. But those who already have Incredi-pass, Sorcerer, Pirate or Pixie, which I am calling character passes, (that were first sold 9/8/2021), will come into their first renewal window 7/9/2022. We have two people reporting that —specifically as to these character passes at WDW — we will not be allowed to upgrade or renew. However, a spokesperson said at renewal time Disney would contact the passholder and offer some renewal options.

Is this true? I was able to renew my pass that expires in October on Thursday. I’d say that this is either false or the CM who renewed them gave us some serious Pixie Dust.
1. We know the current Magic Key and character passes, using blockout calendars, park reservations and availability buckets, will be phased out by letting them expire.
2. We know Disney has not decided what is coming next.
3. We know some kind of program will be coming next for passholders because Disney will be offering options to current passholders with expiring annual passes.
4. It appears likely that the new options will not be just bare tickets. We know this because a poster who knows coding was able to see a change that showed merch and dining discounts were being added to a new section of code regarding passes. He did not mention theme park parking. That does not mean anything significant right now.
5. There is a current promotion going on for California or Florida residents for multi-day tickets that expire 9/15/2022. So, the date is farther out. But this appears to just be a seasonal promotion. There are no discounts like with annual passes. So, this does not appear to be part of the next reiteration of annual passes.
6. We know Disney is currently conducting deep dive surveys of random annual passholders.
7. We know that last time Disney considered revamping annual passes, right before release of Magic Keys and character passes, there were at least two camps within Disney recommending two very different products. What emerged was very much like the legacy precious metals passes, but with the addition of park reservations and availability buckets. They got sued over that one. So, they now have to “kick the buckets” but they will still want to encourage the higher spending guests.
Also, I don’t need anyone coming in saying that this isn’t allowed and what not , we have a DVC stay booked in December and wanted to make sure we got a reservation (Christmas) so they allowed us to do so. I am not the only one who they have previously allowed to renew before the date either.

I’m less optimistic than Ms. Bibbidi. They tend to announce new programs in advance, but they do not tend to announce suspensions. Those you find out the morning of. So it’s still possible we all wake up July 9th to find out Disney has suspended annual pass renewals (until they figure out whatever their new program is).

… They tend to announce new programs in advance, but they do not tend to announce suspensions. Those you find out the morning of. So it’s still possible we all wake up July 9th to find out Disney has suspended annual pass renewal…
Can’t think of a worse WDW thing to come back from our 4th of July trip to find out

They are cracking down on leaks (well, except for the errant GoG one lol. You used to be able to rely upon the various Disney related newsletters/blogs to leak the info as to tix price increases...seems to be a thing of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter